When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Sql -Pl still a member here?

offshore

Meaty stuff was sent to Warren via email.

I got it this morning and will get it on to the other team members. I have not had the opportunity to read this entire thread. As the ignorant observer there is a major disconnect here. A number of folks here have personally done a good amount of franken and gen business (thousands of $) with him with no problems over the years. I am one. It will be very disappointing if it turns out he has simultaneously been running a scam show on the gen forums. In any case, thanks for the info Robert and I will get in front of the other admin team members later today. I gotta go do some work for a bit. :)

You're full of $hit. I bought a "gen" PO strap from you on TZ and contacted you using your glamorous atelier email account. You're using a different username now but even your current ad clearly lists an email address with glamorous atelier in it. You sent me a rep strap, plain and simple. People like you ruin this hobby for all of us.

Still awaiting your witty response Maciek.........

robertb - Maciek said he would look into your claim, so please give him the chance to do so.

All - The more I discover about this the less I understand. Look, scammers take the money & run, they do not hang around to debate & answer questions. It seems to me that Edgematic1 (& possibly others) was on the receiving end of a less-than-satisfactory deal & I can certainly understand your frustration. But we, the RWG Mod team, were not involved & the transaction did not even take place here on RWG.

So this is what I recommend - since Maciek seems willing to address complaints, anyone who purchased something from him that was unsatisfactory, please PM him directly. Maciek, please be reasonable in addressing whatever complaints you may receive. If both parties are unable to come to a mutual agreement, please either move on or refer the complaint to the site where the transaction took place.

1 more thing - if 1 of the other Mods do not beat me to it, I will be closing this thread at the end of the day.

Nothing.

That's what I understand as well.

I do think that the Admin team is involved in this forum rule though:

• [26] - NO replica pictures should be posted on the genuine time piece forums by the members of RWG. A violation of this rule will get you permanently banned. Our little underground hobby does not need this kind of attention.

Sorry freddy, but this makes it look like his history on this board prevents him from proper judgement.

In no post Sql has denied using the same email address for different accounts on various fora. Some of them connected to selling fakes.

He only said there is no proof. Which egematic provided.

Same pics all over the boards, same name, same location and same person hence Facebook pictures?

It should be pretty easy for an IT guy to check the exif data of his pics to find out if all were made by him.

Being banned on rep and gen fora for ludicrous reasons?

Gen AP straps with buckle?

Whatever...

Sql why did they ban you at RWG1.1? They only ban for spamming or scamming...or for being a complete tool ;)

I started this topic, and do not believe an answer has been forthcoming, and do not believe this topic should be closed.

It would seem that the admin again fail to reach a consensus, and neatly stuff an issue under the rug.

Unfortunately this is not the first time this has transpired; I resigned from moderating on this forum, for the very same reason.

Its about time someone stood up and became accountable, and made a decision...ANY decision...not yet again just avoid an issue.

An issue exists, associated with this forum, and requires answers from the forum administrators and moderators...not to just lock the topic down and hope it will go away.

When too many people are responsible, no one is responsible.

Somebody must be the ultimate decision maker and be accountable for the ultimate decision.

A camel is a horse designed by committee. 'Nuff said

Offshore

robertb - Maciek said he would look into your claim, so please give him the chance to do so.

All - The more I discover about this the less I understand. Look, scammers take the money & run, they do not hang around to debate & answer questions. It seems to me that Edgematic1 (& possibly others) was on the receiving end of a less-than-satisfactory deal & I can certainly understand your frustration. But we, the RWG Mod team, were not involved & the transaction did not even take place here on RWG.

So this is what I recommend - since Maciek seems willing to address complaints, anyone who purchased something from him that was unsatisfactory, please PM him directly. Maciek, please be reasonable in addressing whatever complaints you may receive. If both parties are unable to come to a mutual agreement, please either move on or refer the complaint to the site where the transaction took place.

1 more thing - if 1 of the other Mods do not beat me to it, I will be closing this thread at the end of the day.

:clap2:

I won't beat you.

A scammer is pretty much what you describe.

I don't have the feeling Maciek is wanting to run at all.

I hate general judgments.

Some people can fail to deliver ONCE or even TWICE.

It does not make them scammers for ever.

This IS NOT a case of failure to deliver. There are 2 fully documented cases where buyers have paid for gen straps and received reps. With all due respect, this is not the first time things have happened that didn't make sense. Some of the most heinous crimes have been committeed by people that seemed to be legit and pillars of society. Allowing someone to hide behind their "rep" is not the way to make an informed decision, go off the facts.

Furthermore, I don't think I need to remind anyone here.... selling reps as gens on gen forums is exactly the type of thing that gives our hobby a bad name. To the powers that be, if you're confused or have any doubts about anything I've posted feel free to PM me.

Edited by robertb

It should be pretty easy for an IT guy to check the exif data of his pics to find out if all were made by him.

Good idea!

take a look:

http://regex.info/ex...5751%2Fhbb2.jpg

http://regex.info/ex...%2F21482852.jpg

taken in around the same period, this is a match, same camera and same lens...

Edited by edgematic1

:clap2:

I won't beat you.

A scammer is pretty much what you describe.

I don't have the feeling Maciek is wanting to run at all.

I hate general judgments.

Some people can fail to deliver ONCE or even TWICE.

It does not make them scammers for ever.

Why the hell would he run? The transaction did not even take place here on RWG.

It seems to me that Edgematic1 (& possibly others) was on the receiving end of a less-than-satisfactory deal

Kind of an understatement if you ask me. I think its more of a scam selling fake as the genuine item.

I have 2 questions that would clear alot of this mess up (please keep your answers short & concise) -

1. For edgematic1 - Why did you originally tell me you never received the item from sql_pl & then tell me it was not gen? How did you know you were scammed if you never received the item in the 1st place?

2. For sql_pl - Are you selling rep items as gens?

My answer:

1. I did not receive a strap and did get a refund. (as sent in a pm to you)

2. I was not scammed, he is scamming others with these straps, they are obviously fake, telling from the pics only. + Robert + Watchprosite member + other ones that don't know these rep straps

It's hard expressing everything if you're not a native english speaker, please send me a pm in which I state these things, I'll read them through again as I don't think I've stated that I was scammed.

I try to stay clear of the dramas these days but it seems quite evident that sql_pl has at least attempted to sell rep products as gen, and in at least one case he has succeeded. No matter what the "status" of the member, he should be banned immediately. I'm sorry but this kind of behaviour can not be tolerated. No second chances here, I really don't give a $hit whether the transactions took place here or not. Somebody on the admin team needs to step up and do what's right!

This IS NOT a case of failure to deliver. There are 2 fully documented cases where buyers have paid for gen straps and received reps. With all due respect, this is not the first time things have happened that didn't make sense. Some of the most heinous crimes have been committeed by people that seemed to be legit and pillars of society. Allowing someone to hide behind their "rep" is not the way to make an informed decision, go off the facts.

Furthermore, I don't think I need to remind anyone here.... selling reps as gens on gen forums is exactly the type of thing that gives our hobby a bad name. To the powers that be, if you're confused or have any doubts about anything I've posted feel free to PM me.

Robert,

I don't know you and therefore will NEVER judge you or make myself an opinion about the veracity of what you say.

Unless it becomes obvious that you lie, I read what you write with a positive eye.

Besides that, as you can imagine, I trust Warren 100%.

I think that among all the posts I've seen here, and in the admin section, Freddy's attitude is the most "neutral" and I am wanting to follow he's way of running this case.

All I am saying is that we, all of us, must remember that selling fakes and pass them as gen is a "community crime".

But, all of us, should bear in mind that such threads are also commented by drama queens.

And I know what a drama queen looks like...I used to be one once.

I have no hard feeling at all, for nobody.

If a scammer is among us, then he should be "punished".

But before he is...he has the right to defend himself.

Cheers

Stephane

Gentlemen - Am I the only 1 who holds down a full-time job &/or cannot just pull old sales records out of a hat? Like I said, I will leave the thread open until the end of the day (another 10 or 12 hours) to give him time to publicly respond.

Robert,

I don't know you and therefore will NEVER judge you or make myself an opinion about the veracity of what you say.

Unless it becomes obvious that you lie, I read what you write with a positive eye.

Besides that, as you can imagine, I trust Warren 100%.

I think that among all the posts I've seen here, and in the admin section, Freddy's attitude is the most "neutral" and I am wanting to follow he's way of running this case.

All I am saying is that we, all of us, must remember that selling fakes and pass them as gen is a "community crime".

But, all of us, should bear in mind that such threads are also commented by drama queens.

And I know what a drama queen looks like...I used to be one once.

I have no hard feeling at all, for nobody.

If a scammer is among us, then he should be "punished".

But before he is...he has the right to defend himself.

Cheers

Stephane

:good: