When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Sql -Pl still a member here?

offshore

I guess it's time for me to talk as well, I was invited to this thread by Freddy. I never received a strap indeed, but others didn't as well (view the links down under, as well as a message from an eBay member that bought a strap from him as well recently).

As for the question, is this all the same person, YES. See here the links to his e-mail adress, always the same address. Unless other people of Poland are using the same e-mail as well?! What I would find very strange.

SQL_PL did not only got banned on the fora because of my messages to the crew, they also did their investigation. Otherwise they wouldn't ban with some rumours. Especially the gen fora, which I did not contact. I have been in touch with eBay and PayPal, they are also investigating this case. So we will know if this is true or not. Paypal will check out the forums etc, got an e-mail from them today.

He uses "DBGS" in his e-mail adress, and uses it on most of the fora in the sales threads where he posts they should contact him via this e-mail as well. Except TimeZone. There he can be contacted via an e-mail address, Watchsupplies, and guess what? Apperently Watchsupplies is located in Poland, using the same Thread titles, same sales text AND selling on Watchprosite as well with the same name (watchsupplies). Also always the same pics, same price and same items. Could be a coincidence, but would be rather strange in my opinion.

As for a personal vendetta, surely NOT, SQL_PL has been a great member, a great contribution to the rep community, even with his nice “NSFW” pics ;). But after I found out about this my respect went down.

I have posted the thread on RG AFTER you got banned indeed, reason is simple, they investigated as well, nembo stated they would investigate it, if it were true they would ban you. So after a second investigation I posted it to warn other members and to express myself of how sad I think such things are.

Anyhow, time will tell. You can always let me know where you get so many straps, especially AP straps. I know a lot about the brand and I know some inside people as well, working at AP. Not just regular functions, higher grade functions. And even I cannot get 10 straps that easy. Even 1 strap is not that easy. It’s AP after all.

Please explain the picture with the rep rubber AP strap as well. And if they were gen, then you’d be losing a lot of money on each strap as they come with a buckle, and a buckle goes for $1000+.

If I asked you per e-mail if the strap came with genuine packaging you sent me back that they DO NOT come with packaging. Strange as well. The AP straps do not leave the factory without a packaging. Not even if they are in large quantities.

Some info:

1. Comments on your sale threads:

On watchprosite: By: JCC296 (registered)

Oct 28, 2011, 10:58 AM

You sell and ship item different from what'd been advertised. When emailed you for explanation, you gave no response. The rubber band was a replica too.

You might have tons of satisfied buyers because you do sell some authentic ones AND mix with replica ones. As long as you provide a refund, I will drop this subject.

Timezone sales link, read it all:

WUS:

Strap did not arrive? Same as with me:

Positive thread turns out not that positive about a deal:

Watchnet:

same strap I bought, same DBGS kind of username, same e-mail address

eBay:

same pictures, also located in Poland (maybe a coincidence)

A message from an eBay member that bought a strap from bg.auto (maybe coincidence, but same kind of story)

“Hi there...

Thanks for the info. The seller (bg.auto) is a piece of work, at first he was good and everything. I requested a number of inquest and he answered quite promptly. Then I saw some of the positive comments from all of his buyer, I thought it was good. So I purchased the strap from him. First he told me that the strap is in order, I have waited and emailed numerous times, he waited for the 45 days, until I could not open the case. After that time, he never answer my e-mail anymore. Luckily, I could manage to contact e-bay and further investigations is going to be done. Anyway, thanks for the advice and hope ebay can sort this issue out.”

I'm sure time will tell if this is true or not.

Oh and something to add, I sent this message in 2010 to SQL_PL, his reply is above, proving that the e-mail adress and usernames are always the same:

"Hey,

yes I had some watches for sale at watchprosite.

The layout there is very uncomfortable though!

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgematic

Is it possible that you are also on gen fora? I saw you had some items advertised on watchprosite. Could be that I'm mistaking but I think it's you smiley.gif .

[email removed] Do Not Post Other People's Personal Email Addresses!! --freddy333

Cheers!

Ed."

And I do not have too much time, but I'd like to take some time for such things yes, things that can help us as rep community and others/us as gen community.

Well, plot just thickened on this one ... I'm not trying to be anyone's advocate, nor taking any sides (still), but there are some things that I don't quite get here. I have dealt with Maciek few times, bot as a seller and as a buyer, and never had any problems, even bought one gen strap from him (Ingy kevlar).

I guess it's time for me to talk as well, I was invited to this thread by Freddy. I never received a strap indeed, but others didn't as well (view the links down under, as well as a message from an eBay member that bought a strap from him as well recently).

OK, so let me get this straight - you bought two straps from him, one you didn't received, and other was fake ? I mean, if you don't get something, how do you know it is fake ?

Anyhow, time will tell. You can always let me know where you get so many straps, especially AP straps. I know a lot about the brand and I know some inside people as well, working at AP. Not just regular functions, higher grade functions. And even I cannot get 10 straps that easy. Even 1 strap is not that easy. It’s AP after all.

Really, he should let YOU know where he gets something ? Because you know people at AP ? Are you serious? C'mon man, I was quite convinced that Maciek was drawn to the dark side of this hobby, based on your "investigation" over there ... but this sounds really childish (to say it politely), and I must say things are not so clear any more. I give him presumed innocence for the moment, at least until someone presents some hard evidence.

regards

• Like 1

Well said z3ko. This is getting a little more disturbing now. He's reported this to paypal???? Seriously???? :g: And I still haven't seen any piece of evidence showing that he is the same person (other than the fact that you posted his email in a public forum - also a HUGE no no!)

I have been in touch with eBay and PayPal, they are also investigating this case. So we will know if this is true or not. Paypal will check out the forums etc, got an e-mail from them today.

• Like 1

I still see no explanation for the fact that the same email address is associated with all these scams?

I am one of the first to realise that there are many sides to a story, however I am at a loss as to an explanation as to how the same email address is being used and is directly linked.

And I see NO answers or rebuttals of this.

Beats me?? Must be IT magic.

Offshore.

I still see no explanation for the fact that the same email address is associated with all these scams?

I am one of the first to realise that there are many sides to a story, however I am at a loss as to an explanation as to how the same email address is being used and is directly linked.

Offshore.

What more of an explanation do you need that the e-mail adress is associated with these scams. If you're knowledgeable of AP's you can see that these are fake straps. The fact that SQL_PL positively replied me to a question if he was that seller says enough. It would be the same as "Yes, I am the seller on the gen forums that is a member of rep forums as well and I sell fake straps on those gen forums" or would it bit "Yes, I am the seller on the gen forums that is a member of rep forums as well, selling gen straps with pictures of fake straps and selling without any legit packaging, but the straps are gen for sure".

I don't think the gen fora "WUS", "TZ", "Watchprosite" are guys who ban a lot? Then WHY would then ban this member?

I think this email thing proves it all!

It a shame, passing rep things as gen!

Thanks.

Ok I am a little confused here.

Edge you bought a strap, it didn't arrive and you were refunded.

Why have you spent the last year shadowing Maciek?

Ken

Ken, sorry for the confusion, the fact that english is not my mother thongue may have something to do with it. This is how it went, I bought a supposedly gen strap from WUS of a member called dbgs1306, located in Poland. Paid him, he told me he shipped it but I never received a tracking number allthough I asked for it and he told me it was being shipped with registered priority mail. Registered means I should get a tracking number right? I also asked if it came with original packaging, but it didn't. I asked 3 - 4 times if he had a tracking number, never got a reply so I started searching on him (which I should have done before). I came out with another member having the same experiences. Once payment has been made there is almost no communication, as before I always got a reply within 24hours, after payment I had to wait 8 days for a reply and then again 7 days. Things were not right with this. So I asked to cancel the order and he agreed.

Later on that year I got looking again for a strap, came out with the same seller, on different forum, but selling fake straps (pictures proved they were fake), I do know my stuff very well and the tells are quite obvious if you know them. The AP Diver strap is the best example, grooves in the rubber strap do not complete half circle at the end of the strips, fonts on the back are too far centered, buckle is shorter than gen, inside texture of the rep is wrong vs the gen, logo inside is to large, rep buckl says stainless steel where the gen reads "acier inox". Anyhow, it is a fake strap for sure.

Then a bell ringed, the rep UPO straps are 1:1 with the gen, but the other straps aren't. Then later on on Watchprosite, there was another member who had bought a strap from him and he posted this on the forum openly:

"You sell and ship item different from what'd been advertised. When emailed you for explanation, you gave no response. The rubber band was a replica too. You might have tons of satisfied buyers because you do sell some authentic ones AND mix with replica ones. As long as you provide a refund, I will drop this subject."

So I have not spent 1 year shadowing him, roads came together now and then and questions began to rise. So I've started looking this up more deeply, this was the outcome. Same fake pics, same contact e-mail, same prices, same country of residence, same experiences from buyers, ...

To me that says enough. I would not know what you'd need more.

1. There is a link between all the sellers (same e-mail address), same pics, same prices, same location.

2. SQL_PL said he is the person behind the e-mail addresses of the other fora

3. The pictures are of fake straps, see the flaws above.

4. Members have bad experiences at A. Never receiving a strap and B. the strap arrived turned out to be a fake.

5. Every member that knows AP very good as a brand should know that having access to a large ammount of straps is just plain impossible, even with good connections. And if they would be gen, they are being sold with packaging only, never being sold with a buckle on it, and they are not being sold at such a low price SQL_PL is offering them. So selling 10 straps would make a big loss. Which is just not logical, since the straps are brand new.

I don't know why this case hasn't been taken more seriously overhere. Without even being in touch with gen fora he got banned overthere, they would not do that just like that imo. As it does not happen that much that someone just gets banned overthere. He is banned on RWI and RWG1 as well. So saying that RG bans everyone is just not right. It's not only on RG alone.

Like said before, time will tell. I do hope to get some respons to my questions raised in this post and my last post.

Edited by edgematic1

Offshore.

Now, this is what I can't really understand from latest posts by @edge - is there conclusive, hard evidence that e-mail address(es) used by scammer(s) are Macieks ? I don't mean evidence like "He uses "DBGS" in his e-mail adress" or "Could be a coincidence, but would be rather strange in my opinion.". If there is EXACTLY (not similar, or same e-mail domain) the same address used in any of these scams, and that address can be directly linked to Maciek (for example, if he used it for registration to fora, or he used it as his PP address), then I say he is guilty and he should be held responsible, but I still did not see this evidence - and I don't want us to be like these guys:

tt2.jpg

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....

:inverted:

regards

Ok we are trying to be fair to everyone and get all our facts straight before we take action.

But one point I should correct you on and that is there is no tackable number with registered mail, the number on the package is only good for the post office use.

Ken

Well in Norway (we only have one type formally known as Registred Mail) it can indeed be used for tracking and that even when I send to the US...However going to Australia I have seen that it is indeed not trackable for some strange reason. Do they have a different system down under?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Ok we are trying to be fair to everyone and get all our facts straight before we take action.

But one point I should correct you on and that is there is no tackable number with registered mail, the number on the package is only good for the post office use.

Ken

Well thats not true Mr K.

In croatia and sweden when you ship registerd mail you get a tracknr. And im 110% its the same from Poland! I got parcels from Poland registerd mail and all of them where trackebel. Thats way its called registerd.

Now, this is what I can't really understand from latest posts by @edge - is there conclusive, hard evidence that e-mail address(es) used by scammer(s) are Macieks ? I don't mean evidence like "He uses "DBGS" in his e-mail adress" or "Could be a coincidence, but would be rather strange in my opinion.". If there is EXACTLY (not similar, or same e-mail domain) the same address used in any of these scams, and that address can be directly linked to Maciek (for example, if he used it for registration to fora, or he used it as his PP address), then I say he is guilty and he should be held responsible, but I still did not see this evidence

Well, in some sale threads he states to contact him via XXX@XXX.com is you have any further questions. The e-mail adress where I sent my money to was the same e-mail adress and belonged to a guy who was named Maciej XXX, then I linked this to Maciek and sent him a message on RG asking if he was that guy and I posted the e-mail adress in my PM. He said he was that guy. Also I have checked out the guy names Maciej XXX on the internet and it leads me to his FB page, which is him (he posted pics of weekends or something on here before, I recognised him). And it also leads to a Polosh company called SQL Sp. z o.o. company registered with number (XXXX ) 2003-10-14 and in this company he is CEO since 2011-05-10. Now he should be 27 years old. If the RWG crew wants this information, I'd gladly send it over.

One point I should correct you on and that is there is no trackable number with registered mail, the number on the package is only good for the post office use.

Ken

I did not know that, overhere in Belgium registered mail is always with a tracking number, got few parces from around the world as well with registered mail and those were with tracking as well. Anyhow, then ignore the fact I thought so if it is what you say. Doesn't change a lot in the story.

I don't know why this case hasn't been taken more seriously overhere.

I would like to clarify one thing regarding your comment edgematic. We take every case like this very, very seriously. The difference between "over here" and the other fora is that we won't just automatically ban a member who has a very strong standing. We investigate every claim thoroughly. We have been discussing this situation all day long as a team, and we will continue to discuss this until we reach a consensus about it.

As I said before, the one thing that does not add up for me regarding this situation is that if this member was truly out to scam people, why are there no sales threads here for this stuff?

and I don't want us to be like these guys:

tt2.jpg

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....

:inverted:

regards

But those guys are a lot of fun ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@red

Now how could someone pass a rep strap as gen HERE on rwg? We would have seen it right away right? And thats NO money in selling rep straps on a rep forum, but you can get a lot of money selling rep straps on a gen forum.

I got banned at Repgeek for a deal in which a member bought a Panerai Purdey watch that has been in perfect working order when it left my hands, even sales pics proove that it was working. Upon arrival it was supposedly non-working. I packed it in 2 bubble envelopes, that's how I ship most of the watches sold here and never had issues like that. I did agree to refund buyer's money upon arrival of the watch back in my hands.

Nembo, admin at RG banned me because of that. He DID mention in one of his PMs that edgematic was complaining to him about what he thought was me selling fake goods but as he had NO SOLID PROOF (how in the world would he have it if I did not do it!!!) he decided to not even discuss it with me.

I did have a deal with edgematic for a genuine omega strap (like 2 years ago maybe?) that was shipped out to him and went missing on the way! I provided him with tracking number (registered mail so not the best of trackings as you know), but according to him it never made it there so I did refund his money! What is funny is how edgematic writes in his RG posts: "I bought a supposedly gen rubber UPO strap from him, turned out fake" -> so did you receive it or not? I shipped out a genuine strap that you said never arrived and I gave you your money back - now you tell me it arrived and "turned out fake"??????? I did sell some GENUINE straps some time ago (single pieces of several kinds) but I have not been active in any watch aspect in quite some time as some of you might have noticed. I did see quite a number of places using my pics indeed, even in some sales posts at RG but who cares.

The pics of the gen Survivor strap (that I had even before CN friends released their great rep!) have been floating around so often I stopped counting, I guess they were good for other sellers so they used them.

Cannot say I regret getting banned at RG, it was always a second forum for me.

Thank you for taking your time to read.

You're full of $hit. I bought a "gen" PO strap from you on TZ and contacted you using your glamorous atelier email account. You're using a different username now but even your current ad clearly lists an email address with glamorous atelier in it. You sent me a rep strap, plain and simple. People like you ruin this hobby for all of us.

Edited by robertb