When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SkyFall Bond Watch

r11co

:) Yep totally agree, but you know how it is with their new sales slogans, '1:1, complete teardown, 10 years in the making, all parts interchangeable with...' :D

As long as they get the case and dial right I couldn't care less what movement is in it either, they can sell it movement-less and I'd still buy it if good enough in the front. ;) I'll keep plugging at Angus, he definitley mentioned that noob have looked at the probability of it and it looks good, the case/dial etc look not too difficult, and even though they seem to have a policy of trying to avoid displayback watches in many cases these days, some they just can't ignore, we will know more after the ceramic PO has been released hopefully.

:) Yep totally agree, but you know how it is with their new sales slogans, '1:1, complete teardown, 10 years in the making, all parts interchangeable with...' :D

LOL @ "10 years in the making".

I know this is taking the thread a little OT, but I just dip in and out of this scene that I was so deeply involved in 6-8 years ago, and it amazes me how the hyperbole from the so-called scam dealers that we criticised so much at the time has spread and evolved and is no longer a differentiator of 'trusty' dealers.

To think my fist proper rep was a 'closed factory' blue Seamaster 'Brosnan Bond' with genuine ETA and I only paid £75 for it (OK, so the exchange rate at the time ran at over $2/£1). Still got it too...

PS. Also got my tickets for Skyfall in 3 hours. Think I'll give the UPO an outing..... :D

Edited by r11co

Yep agreed on the sales slogans, they love it, still some good stuff out these days but it would be nice if they didn't keep shoving out pams and hublots and give us some other choices. I have a closed factory smp too, that was a great price you got it at :)... great cases, in some ways we've gone backwards with omega reps compared to a few years ago, yep we have the PO and ploprof, but then we had good smps, speedydates, old AT's and railmasters etc.

Enjoy the movie, I hear it's pretty damn good! :)

It's bloody brilliant! Transcends all expectations and has a real twist in the tail. I'd love to give it a full review but it would be hard to without spoiling it.

Anyhoo - new PO gets a lot of screen time in the pre-title sequence, and Naomi Harris is clearly sporting a gents AT. Craig switches to the AT for the remainder of the movie, and my wife was thrilled to see Ms Harris wearing a Quadrella like her own in a later scene.

• 2 weeks later...
In the movie it looks like he is only using a Aqua Terra...

Still Omega, mostly, is flashing the PO as Bond-watch

8-)

Before he "dies" it looks like PO. After that it looks like a different watch with VCO like flashy markers

Lots of watch shots for Omega though

That looks awful. Sorry.

The '00'7 marker looks like it dropped off the face from somewhere else and landed there. The pattern on the dial doesn't know what it wants to be either - kind of trying to be tuxedo but going the wrong way. Just another attempt to differentiate from other Bond Specials in order to keep dipping from the obsessive fans with small brains and deep pockets.

Irrelevant anyway - I'm only interested in 'on screen' watches, so hurry up and get that AT out, guys....

I agree 100%

These 007-special editions look cheap and cheesy. Omega is only tarnishing their brand image with these.

And how many Special Editions they do have? Is it really anything special when you put out a new one every year?

• Like 1

I agree 100%

These 007-special editions look cheap and cheesy. Omega is only tarnishing their brand image with these.

And how many Special Editions they do have? Is it really anything special when you put out a new one every year?

As i have expressed before these 007 watches look cheap they should keep these in the swatch area not omega i am a bond fan but i second that im interested in the screen watch not a watch that advertises 007 ,007 is famous already and omega is high end watch again does not need any bond endorsment how would it look if aston martin started spashing all over there car 007?

with special edition watches they should fix these to the box not on the actual watch and i would like to see a solid backcase to me see thu is tacky if i buy this as rep i would change the backcase first .

Edited by aeromatic

A few nice pics of the blue AT I found on the net, just to [censored] us all off! :) I love the way the colour/texture/tone changes in different light, it can look anything from teal to mightnight blue depending on light.

a9.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a10.jpg

Is that what he wore in Skyfall? Markers are VCO like. That's what it looked like to me.

Ahh! Yes, that reminds me of the VCO

You are kidding, aren't you? I can't see any resemblance beyond them both having a winder on the right,..... and hands perhaps.

If anything resembles the AT then it is the smooth bezelled Rolex Datejust, and frankly I do not think it is nearly as elegant as the Omega.

If anyone is listening - get these made now - blue tuxedo face, solid caseback, correct clasp, and 2813 movement. Get the lume right and bugger the 'Asian ETA' incorrect anyway movement.

Edited by r11co

You are kidding, aren't you? I can't see any resemblance beyond them both having a winder on the right,..... and hands perhaps.

If anything resembles the AT then it is the smooth bezelled Rolex Datejust, and frankly I do not think it is nearly as elegant as the Omega.

No. Not kidding. It did reminds me of the VCO -so chill out mate :) The markers are the same shape and the polished metal on the edge of the markers reflects light the same way. So that's why it reminded me of my VCO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...