When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avatar And Signature With Sexual Content

cib0rgman

I really don't understand why you constantly want to change the topic. People are sick of seeing sexual images as aviatrs and sigs. If you want to discuss other types of images start another topic about it.

The problem is that ther images are every where - so when we look at watch topics we come across sexual images.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yawn:

That's it, I give up. You win. Seems like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Something so simple has been made into such a complex issue. You know that when someone would take a very long time to type up a long post, instead of simply replacing an avatar in 10 seconds, you know there's other motives behind, such as to attract attention or to test the patience or ire of other forum members. If so, have it your way. I've just about had it with this forum (Again, yes I know).

This forum is about watches. Period. I have extensive knowledge of haute horology, as a well seasoned collector. I probably know more about brands like AP, Breguet, Blancpain, JLC, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, A. Lange and Sohne, and independents than people combined (except Randy for AP). That's all I'm looking to contribute. I will make a convincing argument for owning a tourbillon, a minute repeater, or some other mega-expensive complication. I don't want to contribute my views of American politics, as it would offend a lot of people here, and I repsect that, I'll leave the political forums for that.

Reasoned arguments work for me. Abuse diminishes the responsible correspondent.

Sorry dude, but I am going to have to steal that line and tuck it away for the appropriate time!!

:bleh:

Oh Well -- that will teach you to utter something so quotable. What can you expect from those of us who demonstrate little respect for intellectual property rights!

Bill

I wouldn't mind changing the topic because this is the "Off Topic" part of the forum, and it was created for that very purpose. If you want to talk about watches, go to the watch part of the forum. While you're there, if you don't want to see my avatar,

or this one,

146258-15641.jpg

or this one,

146258-15642.jpg

or this one,

146258-15643.jpg

or this one,

146258-15644.jpg

or this one,

146258-15645.jpg

or this one,

146258-15646.gif

or *shudder* even this one

146258-15647.jpg

or the hundreds of others, then go to Board Settings and shut them off.

10 seconds or 10 minutes is irrelevant; if you don't want to see it, the answer is not oppressing someone into removing theirs if they wouldn't expect that of you. If it's not breaking a rule, then members can't expect to tell other members what they can and can't use on their profiles. Even Admins post a little ass now and then. If you don't want to see something on here that you don't like--whether it's a little T&A, or something religious, or something political, or a sports team you hate, or even a brand of watch you don't particularly care for--they've already spelled it out for you multiple times in multiple threads. It's in the Board Settings.

Along the previous line of thought for instance (the earlier attempt to steer the subject towards something else we could talk about), another thing I would have liked to point out--to illustrate the fact that the Jesus pic wasn't posted for shock value, but for a more meaningful reason--was the example that popped into my mind of of the British sitcom, "Absolutely Fabulous". On the surface it may seem offensive to some that it is nothing more than 2 irresponsible middle-aged women, living self-indulgent lives, constantly consuming vast quantities of alcohol while depicting images of blatant hard-core drug use. But underneath, it does contain a deeper social commentary on the lifestyle of people who do that sort of thing. Most people usually find it fun to discuss deeper things with other human beings, but when people let their emotions take control, they become blind to reasoning and logic. God forbid someone attempt to have an intelligent conversation on thought-provoking issues without other people not being able to handle it. This is the same reason I posted a political poll on the American vote last night; to have a reasonable discourse with those willing to do the same. This is the purpose of an "Off Topic" forum.

This forum is about watches. Period. I have extensive knowledge of haute horology, as a well seasoned collector. I probably know more about brands like AP, Breguet, Blancpain, JLC, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, A. Lange and Sohne, and independents than people combined (except Randy for AP).

No. You definitely know more about the hautes than I do. AP, I know some, but not nearly as much as you.

^_^

No. You definitely know more about the hautes than I do. AP, I know some, but not nearly as much as you.

^_^

Awww, you're too kind.

I know almost nothing about vintage Rolex, and you have all the knowledge of them. I have no idea which reference is which, etc. A local Toronto guy showed me his collection of 7 unique Newmans, all with different dials and bezels, and I had no clue which was which. All I knew was they were worth $60,000+ each. :o Also had a lot of nice vintage Subs, SDs and one very rare Sub (forget ref.) that was worth $50,000 or so.

Awww, you're too kind.

I know almost nothing about vintage Rolex, and you have all the knowledge of them. I have no idea which reference is which, etc. A local Toronto guy showed me his collection of 7 unique Newmans, all with different dials and bezels, and I had no clue which was which. All I knew was they were worth $60,000+ each. :o Also had a lot of nice vintage Subs, SDs and one very rare Sub (forget ref.) that was worth $50,000 or so.

HEY...

You two quit Thread Crapping...

:lol:

TT

No, not all of you. Just one. With, I believe, some justification.

However, if you had accused me of arrogance back then, I would have been forced to agree with you.

But "clod"?

Ok - I'm from Buckinghamshire - I can live with that. :lol:

Again

Is not even worth saying anything, it just shows how low class you are.

I would be curious to hear what the owner of the forum thinks. You know him....the one who provided all this for us. The one who pays the bills...regardless of whether he is in the "black" or "red" to keep this going.

As for opinions....here's mine....

I like ass as much (if not more) than the next guy. If I want to see that....I know where to go. That's not what this place is about. Agree....or disagree?

A small avatar with a girl in a bikini....in the grand scheme of things....no big deal. If that's what someone feels they need to feel like a "guy"...then let them have their ego stroke. It only makes them look foolish....and they are the only one who doesn't know it. No harm...no foul.

Anything beyond that.....what's the point here? What does it accomplish? How does it add to the experience of this forum? I see people scream about their "rights" (which is comical as they take advantage of someone else's money and effort) yet there is no mention of personal responsibility. Interesting how this mind-set mimics all of our collective cultures.

If you are so proud and happy about a piece of ass.....and you KNOW....that the world will just NOT be the same unless you share it with others.........then simply start an off topic thread and share to your heart's content. That way....people can go there and know what they are in for when they walk through the door. It's about choice.

To shove it in everyone's face...every single time you post....is arrogant and childish.

Don't like it?....then put out the effort and money to start your own forum on the web.

Simple respect is something we could all use more of.

Would you find "violent" avatars more shocking? I would think that kids would miss the humour in some of those.

There was a recent one with a gun pointed at a cat and the caption "Send me my watches or the cat gets it".

Kitty has been replaced...guess it's not funny anymore.

or the hundreds of others, then go to Board Settings and shut them off.

If you're suggesting I should shut off all the signatures because you're petulant, then you're suggesting I remove the links to my tutorials below, or that TTK removes his 'how to buy' or that By-Tor removes his links, or that The Zigmeister removes his unbelievably useful info.

What you're doing by 'expressing your individuality' (mind you don't step in it) is effectively telling everyone else to remove theirs.

If you're suggesting I should shut off all the signatures because you're petulant, then you're suggesting I remove the links to my tutorials below, or that TTK removes his 'how to buy' or that By-Tor removes his links, or that The Zigmeister removes his unbelievably useful info.

What you're doing by 'expressing your individuality' (mind you don't step in it) is effectively telling everyone else to remove theirs.

That`s exactly the point to this whole story

And btw, why does it seem everyone on the internet has a degree, MBA, etc. etc. etc.? A very small proportion of people in the population have them, but why do the numbers seem to jump dramatically on the interenet? Just a very casual observation, not meant to be a shot at anyone.

So, gioarmani, are you a believer in the Freudian school of thought? You seem to be proving this point very well. (I took one Philosophy and Psychology course in first year university, long time ago)

BTW: I have a Bachelor's of Business Administration, CA Professional Designation and an EMBA, so who am I to talk?

It's not at all surprising that many people on the internet have advanced degrees. I have a Ph. D. The more educated people are, the more likely they are to have broad internet surfing interests and skills. I am 76 years old. Only one of my frinds (outside the academic world) uses a computer, and he is a retired physician.

Puggy - this is your best post ever. I vote this for post of the month.

Puggy - this is your best post ever. I vote this for post of the month.

Hold it, hold it. I agree Puggy has made an excellent statement there but...........................he already has a huge exquisit pam on his wrist due to a pom prize. And this months pom is about reminiscing how our illness started out.

PS: Here's a quote from an Admin:

"If you do not want to view others avatars/Sigs, click on the link at the top labled "My Controls" and find the link on the lower left that says "Board Settings". Review this page and you can cut on/off several things you find offensive...."

Unfortunately….that then DEPRIVES some members of the ability to SEE signatures…..such as By-Tor’s excellent reviews…..or indeed even my signature….which advises people on how to order from me…..!

POM...nothing.......I stated it first......doesn't matter about articulation....it's about re-iteration.......!

Edited by TTK

That's all very well.....but it's detracting from the topic......!

Admin ( Admin )......I think it's perfectly clear by now that we don't need any further new discussions on this subject.....I don't want to be participating 6 months down the line...when another member posts the same question.

It seems fairly clear that a significant number of members regard female nudity.....and other expressions that are of prurient interest only...as offensive......why should members be forced to switch off avatars and signatures...in order to cater for the sexual inadequacies of others who seek the to express themselves in this schoolboy fashion......switching off viewing avatars and signatures will deprive them of the ability to see valuable information which has been tendered by valued members.....By-Tors reviews.....Pugwash's excellent photo teachings.....and many others who have interesting signatures.

This board is about watches, the above members have demonstrated a willingness to try to assist others who are interested in watches....there should be a duty of care towards those members......and their contribution.....the others are simply disrespectful and irresponsible people who have done nothing but raise and promote controversy...with little in the way of contribution to the betterment of the board....!

RWI has banned nudity.....there is none on TZ / Chronocentric etc etc.....so what are YOU going to do about it Admin.....are you going to sit on the fence or assist those members who find it offensive and prurient in nature.....?

Edited by TTK