When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The best to relume a gen dial?

gavidoc

So I know about The Zigmeister and PBdad. I used to own a Zig relumed gen Tudor snowflake dial and it was awesome work. Unfortunately, he has a time frame for when he accepts work and he is located in Canada.

So, if I can find Zig's contact in my PM's and he is accepting work, I'm thinking I'll send my dial to him. Otherwise, would PBDad be a good alternative and is he US based?

Here's the thing. I have a 16800 dial that had the tritium removed so the markers are pure white. I want to have it lumed and put in my gen 16800 so it glows. I have luminova hands in the watch already. I want the lume to be FLAT like found on the service matte dials (like my service 1680 dial) and on original 16800 dials. Not the pillowed look found on older dials.

Is this doable with either of them?

I have this as PBdad's email: pbdadcustoms@yahoo.com

Correct?

I have to say PBdad is doing a fantastic job in reluming dials... Just ask him about the "flat" reluming to be sure :)

BUT, do not forget a relume will reduce considerably the value of your dial ;)

R.

I have to say PBdad is doing a fantastic job in reluming dials... Just ask him about the "flat" reluming to be sure :)

BUT, do not forget a relume will reduce considerably the value of your dial ;)

R.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll give PBdad a shout.

As for the value of the dial....not an issue. I still have the original dial in my watch. This is a 2nd one I have that I got for the sole purpose of reluming it. I like matte dials but like lume as well. That's why my gen 1680 has a service dial and hands on it as wlel. the originals are tucked away.

Vaccum is in Florida and is renowned for his lume work. It's his main business, with mods and 7750 work as well.

Check his sub-forum here for many pictures of his great work.

Here's one of his many posts showing a piece for sale, as-new .. serviced, regulated, lumed ..

• 1 month later...

I have had The Zigmeister doe quite a few dials for me, his work is flawless. I also had Kent Parks do a Seiko for me, his work is very good. the only problem with Kent, and this wasn't a problem with me, but several times on genuine watch forums, there have been complaints that he won't answer emails, or return phone calls, for fairly long periods of time. These were for the most part from forum members who had sent him watches and they had been with him a long time. I never had pbdad do any work for me, but he is highly recommended on the forum, same with Vac. Vac did some rrepair and modding on a PAM several years ago, and his work was fine.