When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

beware SCAMMER alert

Star69

to make it short -

i sold a watch - buyer recieved it -

"shoke it for minutes, long minutes" :bangin:

and did not get it to work ....

i transfered him $50 to get it fixed.

tried to explain that i can not take it back as it will be destroyed by customes ... and it prob is just an easy fix ...

instead to have an watchmaker look over it .

he pulles off an Credit Card Charge Back over Paypal -

means im without the watch - minus $600 and minus $50 i paid for the repair...

so beware :

juan.sidarta

Berkeley, California 94704

is the guy - aka "dark_chocobo"

cheers,

Frank

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest zeleni kukuruz

There is bunch of usa members that could have take a look at it, but then on the other side reciving a dead watch is probebly the worst thing that can happen, it realy takes away every hope you have build up for it!

Sending it back to Germany would work from Usa, regular registerd airmail custom decleration 65$ "repaird cristal" "return to owner"

Sending it back to Germany would work from Usa, regular registerd airmail custom decleration 65$ "repaird cristal" "return to owner"

I seriously doubt it... customs are so strict here, they would ask for a proof of purchase for the watch. If they hadn't already figured out it's a rep by then... believe me, they're good.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I seriously doubt it... customs are so strict here, they would ask for a proof of purchase for the watch. If they hadn't already figured out it's a rep by then... believe me, they're good.

They cant do that, ask for proof! You could easy say its a gift and that you dont know the value!

I got a watch from the states last week. Custom took it i phoned them and ask them way they stoped it. They then Asked me what was inside i told them. Its a watch, the cristal was changed, i havent payed anything for that due it was my brother that did the change. He then says aahhhaa but you two dont have the same last name (i was thinking what an idiot) i told him, no my mother remarried over there 20years ago. Silence after that for a few seconds then he says, thank you, we will relise it now and you will have it tomorrow.. As long as you say it is a gift or somthing ells its always OK, never ever say you bought it!!!

German customs are the nighmare - i get a lot of vintage Seikos and parts - my other hobby ;)

every freaking watch - even if totally in pieces - rusted half awy they sent to an lawyer who checks them if they original - timewasters ....

they know me already at the customes office ;) and i calculate 2 extra weeks till i get my watches :)

They cant do that, ask for proof! You could easy say its a gift and that you dont know the value!

I got a watch from the states last week. Custom took it i phoned them and ask them way they stoped it. They then Asked me what was inside i told them. Its a watch, the cristal was changed, i havent payed anything for that due it was my brother that did the change. He then says aahhhaa but you two dont have the same last name (i was thinking what an idiot) i told him, no my mother remarried over there 20years ago. Silence after that for a few seconds then he says, thank you, we will relise it now and you will have it tomorrow.. As long as you say it is a gift or somthing ells its always OK, never ever say you bought it!!!

It just doesn't work like that here, mate. It really doesn't. They will ask for proof of purchase and if you can't provide that you either pay full import taxes and

VAT for a genuine watch (because they will assume that you just bought it then and they will estimate the value)... or you admit it's a rep and it gets destroyed and you'll have to pay some fine and get a nice lawyer letter... I know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately... :cc_hang:

For general interest, the custom in Germany are reteined many parcels with watches and parts, i sent three parcels 30 days ago, and one fellow member has to go to the post office, other one had retined during 25 days, and i think other one is return to me, i have no problem in all EU, only in Germany. For that reason i have to explain very well the situation to the buyers.

German customs are the nighmare - i get a lot of vintage Seikos and parts - my other hobby ;)

every freaking watch - even if totally in pieces - rusted half awy they sent to an lawyer who checks them if they original - timewasters ....

they know me already at the customes office ;) and i calculate 2 extra weeks till i get my watches :)

Same here, every single parcel I receive from overseas gets inspected, it's ridiculous, German customs is a real pain.

It just doesn't work like that here, mate. It really doesn't. They will ask for proof of purchase and if you can't provide that you either pay full import taxes and

VAT for a genuine watch (because they will assume that you just bought it then and they will estimate the value)... or you admit it's a rep and it gets destroyed and you'll have to pay some fine and get a nice lawyer letter... I know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately... :cc_hang:

german efficiency!!

Jesus H Christ not another fcker taking advantage of goddam PP, sorry to hear about this!

That name actually rings a bell for me, but I can't quite place it... :g: :g:

Yes it does for me also, I think he is over on RWI aswell, an all points bulletin should go out now!

Juan is not a very smart scammer

too smart for me :(

his facebook :

http://www.facebook.com/juan.sidarta

can anybody help me how i contact the police - or somebody in Berkeley who can help me ?

its just too much money to just go away with it ...

i have his name, his address - and he is a student in Berkeley ..

thanks !

Frank

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Campus police or real police cant do a [censored] when it comes to this matter. Its up to the buyer, seller and the stinking paypal!!! Im sorry but thats how it is!!!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Naaaa, its word against word. You have Frank half around the world emailing a campus police about a watch that is broken on delivery (SAYS buyer)!

The mail would probebly be in the trash can before even read!

Onely thing is to pressure paypal with options the buyer have! Paypal sucks huge horse [censored]'s when it comes to cases like this! I feel for Frank, but there is no way he is getting the money back without puting massive pressure on paypal!

Option 2 is fly over there and beat the [censored] out of him and fly back and forgett about it!

Frank it dosent look good at all.