When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

99% Accurate Offshore Rep!

thomasng

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this looks promising... hold on for the ride! :bounce:

Hope the movement turns out good and isn't a re-configured Asian7750 with the subdials moved around a la Daytona... and it's associated unreliability. :thumbdown:

I'm confident they will do a good job on this, at least I know the cyclops won't be stuck on the crystal, judging from the pics. Lets pray they get it right off the bat, putting the cyclops on the dial level. This time, I actually hope the date is sunken in, unlike the PAM reps.

I would shoot for this even if they used a 7750, with the seconds moved up to the 12, and the minutes to 9. It could be a crapshoot like the Daytona, but I would take the risk anyday for a rep of this caliber.

I would almost rather them re-arrange the subdial like they did on the large Bentley rep. From a distance the dial would appear accurate but most importantly the movement would be reliable, at least if it has the newer 7750b1 movement.

We've seen what happens with the Daytonas and the negative reviews of the IWC Portugese reps. I'd just assume they leave it be and sort the dial out properly.

I had the Big Bent and loved it. Didn't care one bit about the dials being laid out incorrectly. I'm never going to walk into an AD and hold it side by side a gen. I also own a Daytona rep that has seconds at 9 even though its obviously a Post 2000 model. But I'm very happy with it and don't doubt it every time I push the start button on the chrono.

Hands down I'd rather have my $200-300 last me several years as opposed to making an accurate looking paper weight / door stop.

Just my 2 cents. I'm excited about this and the other new reps that might be on the horizon soon!

The Chopard looks very nice and I've even heard that their may be a 7750 based Chronomat Evolution in our near future!

:victory:

noooo....another one that i need...i tought to buy just the 194 till new year...now it seems that my account will hit red before xmas!

Relax, i don`t think you will hit red this year :D . Angus stated that he waited 6 months for this case to arrive. So to get the whole watch done near perfect it will take some more time i think.

So you can save up for the big moment.

Angus has said there are 9, YES 9 DIFFERENT DIAL VARIANTS!

Im guessing:

All black s/s

All white s/s

white with blue indices s/s

EOD with PVD case

Themes

white with silver indices s/s

white with gold indices, gold plated case

erm.........i dunno what others there are

Plus, he said the movt will be a modded 7750, with running secs @12o'clock like the original.

With all of these super reps- i'm going to have to sell my house and move into a "van - - down by the river"

Already done, except I never had a house to sell :wounded1:

hope we don't have problems with this modded 7750!

I'm apprehensive with that... would have to wait and see the track record before putting down any hard-earned cash :black_eye:

I think I may agree with having a standard Asian 7750 movement layout with running seconds at 9 for reliability.... unless a potentially modified version works.