When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rockarep and G.S.W

FxrAndy

It has come to the attention of the Moderating team the Rockarep and G.S.W are one and the same person. The Name G.S.W has been used to “Thread Crap” some sales posts

Like this one

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/146878-high-end-ultimate-mod-pam-127%e2%80%99s-fiddy%e2%80%99s/page__st__20#entry1112566

When asked to resond you can all see that he did not even after a full explanation was given.

The Name G.S.W has also bigged up a lot of sales posts from Rockarep

As having two user accounts is in direct contravenetion of Rule 9 the account Rockarep will be deleted.

Both names have been posting from the same IP address and even used the same paypal account.

The membership is advised to inform the Admin team if they suspect shilling posts or the use of double accounts.

If any person is currently dealing with Rockarep you can make your mind up if you would like to continue to deal wuth G.S.W

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Andy!

I like the open forum we have and the fact that mods don't ban members depending on how they feel like at the Geek. But this sort of bahaviour tells a lot about the moral integrity of a member. In my honoust opinion a ban is in place. This guy is bound to cause problems in the future. Especially because most of his activity is based on selling watches. And not even the slightest ones. We are talking about high valued moderated reps for a lot of $$$.

My 0.02

I think it's a good thing that the mod team is willing to give someone a 2nd chance, (not banning both accounts) .. sometimes an otherwise good person makes a bad decision. Like using a 2nd account to promote themselves.

This "warning shot" and public shaming might teach the member a lesson without being overly harsh.

Nobody is denying the fact that he's a skilled watchsmith and had multiple good dealings with RWG members. But what's the big picture, what's his contribution to the forum? He's dodged requests to discuss the modifications that he performs and the majority of his posts read like a used car salesman spiels. He's using the board not to share and discuss but as an extension of his business without being an approved trusted dealer. Read his posts, they are simply presales; all of his "I built this for myself" & "keepers" would show up in the FS section within days of posting in the PAM section. The fact that he used lesser OP parts packaging like screws, etc. in crafty ways, made photographs of OEM parts from angles that would preclude proper identification, used creative selling techniques, e.g. stating the parts were OEM when they were stock or modified ETA -- all tell me that he was just trouble waiting to happen.

However, I support the ban not because Rockarep was operating in the "gray area". I support the ban due to the fact that Rockarep lied to the membership and the admin team by making and using a virtual shill account to promote his sales and badmouth other sellers whom he thought were his competitors.

• Like 3

Nobody is denying the fact that he's a skilled watchsmith and had multiple good dealings with RWG members. But what's the big picture, what's his contribution to the forum? He's dodged requests to discuss the modifications that he performs and the majority of his posts read like a used car salesman spiels. He's using the board not to share and discuss but as an extension of his business without being an approved trusted dealer. Read his posts, they are simply presales; all of his "I built this for myself" & "keepers" would show up in the FS section within days of posting in the PAM section. The fact that he used lesser OP parts packaging like screws, etc. in crafty ways, made photographs of OEM parts from angles that would preclude proper identification, used creative selling techniques, e.g. stating the parts were OEM when they were stock or modified ETA -- all tell me that he was just trouble waiting to happen.

Bang on the money! I asked him in a humble manner about some mods he did to the auto wind bridge of a Pam and he indeed dodged them all! I didn't want to rock the boat so I left it at that. He is here to make sales and only sales!

I think the worst part was to attack another member's work with lies just to make his builds look better (and yes, I agree with Wolf that his builds were stretching the truth and were heading to a bad outcome). Ban was very appropriate. Good job admin team.

However, I support the ban not because Rockarep was operating in the "gray area". I support the ban due to the fact that Rockarep lied to the membership and the admin team by making and using a virtual shill account to promote his sales and badmouth other sellers whom he thought were his competitors.

So the OEM parts in his modded movements that he very much insisted that they were Oem panerai were indeed ETA parts! Clever marketing , i always wondered from where he got all the gen movement parts

Just a correction.

He has not been banned he is simply losing one account.

Rockarep came into existence after GWS was given a time out for a run in with Admin.

He is losing Rockarep because (1) It breached our rules in the first place (2) He needs to build a good name with his original handle, not use it as a shill.

Good work Red and Andy.

Ken

Guest G.S.W.

You have made a mistake and you have jumped the gun on something you think you know.

IP address means same person? He and i work together and he asked me to act like i do not know him due to my punishemnets before.

You can see a log in one from OHIO and the other from NV on the same day you idiot

You tear down his reputation and let this [censored] be said on the forum about a good man and a great watchmaker.

You have made a mistake and you have jumped the gun on something you think you know.

IP address means same person? He and i work together and he asked me to act like i do not know him due to my punishemnets before.

You can see a log in one from OHIO and the other from NV on the same day you idiot

You tear down his reputation and let this [censored] be said on the forum about a good man and a great watchmaker.

You know.... we could just ban you as well then, if you feel that strongly about continuing to resort to calling a mod an idiot.