When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen or Rep? can you tell

mymanmatt

The date font is not as thick as the genuine. Also the text on the dial is a bit off. From a distance it would hard to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PhilFree

could be a franken.

the dial is from a 16234 planted into a 116234 case, daterfont is for older rolex being an open 6.

case is good enough, especially the rehaut engraving. as i said dial is from an older model, as well as the matching datewheel for the movement.

my theory is gen case for 116234 and movement + dial from a 16234 or earlier rolex

Edited by amespinosa

This is a datejust not a submariner, No t25 on a DJ. Same dial as item # 370634719222 on the bay without RR tracks. I do like the new shiney silver dial, notice "swiss made" only on the dial. Surely noone would try to sell a rep on the bay and present it as gen, would they! I like all your comments and take no offense to any of them. Still just having some fun. It is amazing the knowledge some you have on details of rolex watches.

What stands out about the dial to me is the huge distance between the markers/minute ticks/lume dots and the rehaut. And it can't be a gen dial as some have suggested because no gen 16XXX series dial has that much room between the edge of the dial and the markers. It wouldn't fit in this relief. Besides that, the coronet is wrong an the OP and DJ printing is off for this generation dial