When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Datejust 16030

dwswatches

Except that's not a 16030 ASCIWhite.

Best thing to do would be to build a franken. There are plenty of gen cases available on eBay, and the rest of the parts can be found without too much trouble.

Alternatively, get a hold of JMB for one of his DJ cases for a 2824 movement, and then search out the gen dial of your choice. You'll also need to find an engine turned bezel, but they are relatively cheap.

The first pic looks to me a 16014

If not it has had its stainless bezel exchanged to a fluted white gold example.

Great watch.

Go franken spend between 700 -1000 have a watch that is all gen but the movement.

I was looking for a case on the Bay and was drawing a blank.

Seems all the cases have been gobbled up

I agree with tomhorn that the watch originally pictured is not a 16030, or at least it''s been modded with a white gold fluted bezel and therefore more like a 16014.

Finding these DJ cases on the bay is getting more difficult- prices are going up- too many franken builders!

Even my DD used a 16000 case modified by Phong

photo-12.jpg

That is an aftermarket polished fluted ss bezel by the way- like kbh says- WG bezels are hard to come by these days at a decent price.

I was actually referring to ASCIWhite's Oysterdate Precision, but it's possible the OP's picture is also not of a 16030. The engine turned bezels photograph differently depending on the lighting.

Here is one on eBay for reference:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27cacd6653

Cases are definitely getting harder to find, which is why JMB's offering is so good. Also probably why I am still hording my last one (16014) and haven't turned it into an Explorer ... yet ... ;)