When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Since this was my first rep forum, some builds.

bones

Hmm, I just realised that I don't really post over here a huge amount. After discovering reps in Jan '11 I migrated over to RWI where I'm now the moderator of the Rolex section (god knows why!). Anyway, I know some of you are over there as well as here but I thought I'd share the builds that I started with, and some of my recent ones as well. Hope you like them.

My first ever modded watch was a Narikaa 1016 without lugholes. Broke my first 21j movement, replaced it and moved it on.

7bjHM.jpg

Up next was my first 1680. Again, cheap build, Silix base watch.

vI9vA.jpg

My first GMT

LuGvH.jpg

Back to the 1680

1S3dj.jpg

My first No-CG build 6536

Z4yN2l.jpg

My 'Ghost' dial and bezel 1675

XynKj.jpg

A sort of 6538/6200 hybrid

wzYCr.jpg

A 6538

TwrCf.jpg

Uhm a bit of an experiment. Mil spec 6538 with red seconds hand an milsub caseback.

I0450.jpg

And again, but a little less 'battered'

P3CZE.jpg

Bit of an accidental dial effect. Never been able to replicate it again.

oirbZ.jpg

A 5513 for a change

mak7V.jpg

A 1655, first time I'd drilled out lug holes and modified bracelets.

20qYz.jpg

Yuki dialed tudor snowflake

h8aHm.jpg

Another 1680 for a customer

CAi6k.jpg

Classic bond sub

oMe08.jpg

And finally a 1655 Explorer II with gen crown.

D4DQAh.jpg

And these are just the ones that I've kept listed, im sure there are another 10+ that I've done and not kept a log of.

• Like 1

Not sure about the red sweep seconds on vintage tickers, but, overall, I really like what you have done :good: . However, I would definitely replace those fake-looking rep rivet bracelets with either gens or Yukis, either of which are more suitable with work at this level. ;)

Red centre seconds was taken from a gen reference shot. A yuki bracelet is worth more than the cost of a lot if the earlier builds.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

There's some great pieces you have done bones ;) I have seen your input to the forum over on RwI, good on ya mate and great work :inverted:

btw it's partly your fault I just built a Tudor Snowflake and have got the Tudor sickness now too :) Thanks for sharing!

Umm davylloyd, is tapatalk acting up or do you have a pic of my daughter as your avatar????

If you do, please change it.

If not, sorry.

I had this situation happen before years ago... The Person A has a photo titled Me uploaded direct from the PC. Person B also has a photo titled Me uploaded direct from their PC. When the browser tries to load the photos, it confuses with loading the pictures, so Person A sees their photo displayed by Person B instead of Person B's photo :bangin: Easy solution is to rename the photo :good::drinks:

Nice work, Bonesey.

I follow your work over on the other place, but I've never seen the snowflake before.

Where did you get the bits?

It was a cartel 5512 with Yuki dial and hands. Clark bezel and T19 dome crystal.

I'm actually changing it up this time off. Have a gen 703 crown, black insert, gen nickel plated 2836, roulette datewheel, yuki rotor and the patina black dial and hand set from Yuki. Also got JMB to engrave the caseback.