When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

October 13

freddy333

Today, and for the last few days, I've been wearing this...

DSCN4765.jpg

Not that it's hot here in the UK, but on Wednesday, as a birthday present to myself, I had this done, and don't want to risk a bracelet knocking the ink out...

DSCN4764.jpg

What is the tattoo, you may be asking? It's a Vulcan mantra...

As in most cultures, Vulcan religion and philosophy have many important symbols with diverse histories and meanings. No single symbol means the same thing to every Vulcan. However, there is a series of three symbols which appear with great consistency and across many different professional boundaries in Vulcan society. These are called Rata, Tafar and Tapan. Usually, these symbols are worn on the chest in a vertical column. Their meanings, translated into English, are Rata: Concept, Tafar: [Mental] Discipline and Tapan: Process [of thought]. According to some, a poetic form may be associated to the unity of these symbols:"Brances entwined form the tree"

Vulcan5.jpg

Vulcan7.jpg

What I've had done, is the hand-written form of these symbols, rather than the stylized versions which appear on clothing. The reason I've had this done, is that my earliest memory is watching The Doomsday Machine, and I've wanted a tattoo of Vulcan writing since I first saw it written... Like the dude in the photo, I've always had an appreciation for Vulcan culture, all I need now, is the hot Vulcan wife... :whistling: