When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Never seen politician's wife wear Man's rolex before

iwc3

You are amazing Ronin! and correct.... From an NYT's article quoting Ann Romney herself, replying to a question from a little girl....

At a campaign event in Illinois, when a little girl asked if her wristwatch was real, Mrs. Romney, who often wears a Michael Kors Rolex look-alike, replied: “Well, it’s real plastic. But it’s a real watch, too.”

Why would it really be bad form for them to wear a high end or luxury watch? Is it a secret that these people are all extremely wealthy? Someone pretending to be an average guy, when I know for a fact that he is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, doesn't make me see him as an average guy. If Mrs. Romney wants to wear Michael Kors, then she is more than welcome, and if she wants to wear a solid gold Rolex, she certainly has my blessing. Pretending that American politicians (especially Romney and a few others) are just like everyone else is a farce and it should help us to understand where a lot of their priorities are - Democrats and Republicans.

"I drive a mustang and the wife drives a couple of cadillacs"................................That were purchased with the change I found between the seats of my private jet :p

Crap, now we're off topic ;)

It would be bad form to wear anything resembling a high end watch, now or after the election

But these people are known for there bad form. It's actually the only form they have or know. Not hating...just being honest. A real Rolex watch will be nothing compared to the waste that will ensue on the tax payers dime. Regardles of party affilation. A real Rolex watch? :D

The funny thing is that the "fake gold watch" is what every woman is wearing in NY this fall. Having read this post I took a look around on the subway. In the course of one subway ride I came across 24 of them - all fake gold watches. A lot of them were chronos. It is this season's women's fashion accessory. And so many foiks are wearing them it is plain old lame.

• Like 1

Ronin for Prez

If I am elected President, I will replace my Secret Service detail with Sword Wielding, scantily clad, female body guards.

Also, I will require Rolex to lift their anti-consumer parts policy.

:D

To Watchmeisters point, the majority of these faux gold ladies watches have faux chronos as well. These fashion plate watches are more fake than most of our Reps.

The funny thing is that the "fake gold watch" is what every woman is wearing in NY this fall. Having read this post I took a look around on the subway. In the course of one subway ride I came across 24 of them - all fake gold watches. A lot of them were chronos. It is this season's women's fashion accessory. And so many foiks are wearing them it is plain old lame.

I know what you mean... Fake gold 44mm chrono's on every other woman!

But these people are known for there bad form. It's actually the only form they have or know. Not hating...just being honest. A real Rolex watch will be nothing compared to the waste that will ensue on the tax payers dime. Regardles of party affilation. A real Rolex watch? :D

Aha! I don't believe anything you say without them pictures buddy! :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...