When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with choosing a MBW Seadweller

Tonyyammine

I have a chance to buy a MBW Seadweller from Reg. Which one would my experts here recommend, the double red or the great white. Please tell me which one would be closest to gen and which one would need the least amount of work done to make it closer to gen. I already posted the same thing on RWI so if anyone saw that there im sorry. Anyway thanku all for your help.

Both are identical accept for the dial.

IMO the great white is more closer to gen as the double red.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Btw i have a old school mbw which i bought from reg in 2007 with

A few gen parts in my box. If you are interested i could make you an offer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

noob question here, what is MBW?

sorry for my nooooobines

'Maria's best watch' from long while back, comes from where the pieces are bought I think :inverted:

@ tony - the great white is awesome looking and from what I gather is closer to gen but wait for the experts to chime in!

Tony, IMO the brand new MBW SDs will need a fair amount of work to get it closer to Gen in particular the case ie. drilling lug holes, Shaving the Crown guards, softening the lugs and ageing the caseback to name a few. If you can get your hands on one where the bulk of these mods have been done then it gets easier. All you will need is a gen crown, crown tube and reluming the dial and hands. However, there are always more mods to do to get it as close to gen as possible.

Although I have a pretty nice Double red, I agree with alligoat, the price of genuine DRSD's has gone through the roof in the past few years. not to say that white's haven't gone up, but they haven't gone up at the rare that DRSD's have increased. So the first thingIi would ask myself, are you able, age wise and finance wise to pull of wearing a 15- 25k watch. If you think you can, then by all means go for the DRSD, but if you are young and in an entry level job, you will always live in fear of the DRSD triggering some potentially embarrassing questions. you don't want to have a watch that you are afraid of wearing out in public.