When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey, it's almost x-mas...Get a free Platinum/VIP membership

Admin

Knock knock

Who's there?

Doxa

Doxa who?

Doxa not good places to hang out at night.

So I went to a new club last night and was at the bar ordering a drink when this beautiful girl complimented me on my Ploproff.

I said, "Thanks, it's actually a magic watch"

She looked confused and asked what was so magical about it.

I told her "It can actually tell me personal things about the people around me."

"Like what?" she asked

"It's telling me that you're not wearing underwear" I responded

"Well, it's wrong" she said with a smile.

I looked her straight in her gorgeous brown eyes and said, "It must be running a bit fast"

Well I like it here because I can't afford the real deal. On RWG I have learned alot about watches. What to buy, what not to buy. All kinds of terms. Modders. Etc.

I like IWC alot (among other brands) and I wanted to buy a 3714, here I figured out that the movement will 'fail' after a couple months.

I also liked the 3717, but the lack of decent lume frustrated me enormously!

So I ordered a 3717, having it shipped to a modder to do a relume job and Im thinking about an AR job as well.

Hope it's here before Christmas...

Merry Christmast to everyone!

Time Management

A man sits down to dinner in a fine restaurant, and places his order with an immaculately dressed waiter. "I'll have the filet of beef cooked medium-rare, blue lake snap beans, roasted red potatoes and she crab soup." The waiter, having written nothing down, repeats the order exactly, and then looks at his watch and tells the man, "If there is nothing else you care for... your soup will arrive in exactly seven minutes." The waiter then turns sharply on his heels and goes to the kitchen.

In exactly seven minutes, the waiter returns with a steaming bowl of she crab soup. The man is quite impressed and asks the waiter exactly how he can be so precise. The waiter stiffens and tells the man in a very superior manner that it is all about proper time management. "Through experience, we have learned exactly how much time is required to prepare and serve every dish that we offer. Once the time has been determined, we adhere to duplicating the serving time to the minute, plus or minus 29 seconds. Our guests do not have the wherewith all to judge our efficiency beyond that."

The man then looks at his bowl of soup and then to the waiter. "You may be efficient in terms of time management, but you forgot to bring me a soup spoon."

The waiter then draws from the inside vest pocket of his tuxedo a silver soup spoon and, with a condescending smirk, smartly places it on the outside of the man's place setting.

The man looks at the waiter and tells him, "You think you are so smart, but you're no better than anyone else. In fact, there's a string hanging from the zipper of your pants."

The waiter smirks again and in a very superior tone of voice tells the man, "That "string" as you call it, serves a purpose. It requires exactly 33 seconds to adequately cleanse one's hands after using bathroom facilities. With the string I am able to operate my zipper without touching it and the need for washing hands is eliminated. I save 33 seconds every time I use the bathroom.

The man begins laughing, "Well, smart guy, you may think the string helps with the zipper, but that doesn't address the real issue. How do you "handle" tucking it in before closing the zipper?"

"Sir, that is why I carry a spoon!"

Admin: And what in heaven's name brought you to RWG?

JoeyB: My health. I came to RWG for the waters.

Admin: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

JoeyB: I was misinformed.

11897736-mmmain.jpg

I came to RWG for a few visits initially, spending more time on another site. But as my tastes grew to the vintage Rolex, I parted with those I had misjudged as friends, and I made this place home. The vintage Rolex knowledge here has no peer, has no equal even on the gen sites. I have learned so much here it is mind boggling. People like freddy333 do such stellar work, and gladly share their knowledge. It is being with the best of the best.

Back in 1983 or so, a friend of mine named D­ick had traveled for his business to Taiwan. He brought back a Rolex President Day-Date, SS with diamond markers and silver dial. Up until that point I didn't think much about watches. If it worked I wore it, if not I bought another at the PX for under $20. But this watch was gorgeous. The flat crystal was something I had not seen before, I loved it! D­ick then explained to me what a Rolex was, and how much they cost. I figured that was a short lived love affair, but then D­ick told me he had bought two and I could have one - for $25! It was a fake, and a quartz movement that is still accurate to +1 second every 6 months today! Things have changed a lot since then. The 'fake' watch then to the 'replica' now, and my tastes to the GMT.

About a year or so later I was on leave and in town, and D­ick asked me to meet him at his office downtown and we'd go out to lunch. His mother-in-law was from Poland, and D­ick had every Polish joke there was. So, as we got on th elevator he started telling me the latest Polish joke. A couple of floors later a man gets on the elevator, suit, tie, briefcase, etc. D­ick continues the Polish joke. Well, the man threw his briefcase down, just livid! He screamed that he was Polish, and that he didn't appreciate Polish jokes at all!! Then he pulled a razor out.

After all I had been through. All the ways the end could have come. Who could have thought this way?

But we were very fortunate that day.

He couldn't find any place to plug it in...

Bloke walks into a pub and asks for a pint of anything except Stella.

Barman asks, "What's wrong with Stella?"

Bloke says, "I had 12 pints of Stella last night and when I came round I was f**king skint."

Barman says, "12 pints of anything costs about the same."

Bloke replies, "Skint's my dog."