When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

newtown shootings

whoever

As much as I hate anyone getting shot, these were kids mostly. Completely sad and unforgivable. My fear I that instances like these will cause people to fear guns more and push to ban weapons because of creeps like these. It's not a gun that kills.

My thoughts and prayers with the families.

OMG!!!

This is so focked!!!

@whoever im with you mate, guns kill people i dont care what anyone says its a fact!!!

Normally I agree with you, in this case I do not,  but this is really not a good time to have a gun control debate.

Any loss of children is a tragedy.

As much as I hate anyone getting shot, these were kids mostly. Completely sad and unforgivable. My fear I that instances like these will cause people to fear guns more and push to ban weapons because of creeps like these. It's not a gun that kills.

My thoughts and prayers with the families.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Guns certainly are the problem. If your country is inundated with firearms there is a huge chance that many will end up in the hands of criminals and mentally unstable people. Americans are just plain stupid. You've let the NRA become one of the most powerful influences to government and they've brainwashed you. Just look at the levels of gun violence in Canada, and the only thing that separates us is a chain link fence.

us.gif  United States: 9,369  ca.gif  Canada: 144 
  • Like 2

Seems like the perfect time to debate gun control

Seriously? While you are at it, why don't you just get rid of the rest of the constitution. Wait no you are in Canada. Nevermind.

If a psycho person wants to get a gun, and go kill people, he will get a gun and go kill people. You will never stop that.

Edited by VaFarmer70

Seriously? While you are at it, why don't you just get rid of the rest of the constitution. Wait no you are in Canada. Nevermind.

If a psycho person wants to get a gun, and go kill people, he will get a gun and go kill people. You will never stop that.

Not in Canada my friend.

And the constitution was written long ago. The right to carry guns was meant to protect the population from wildlife and hostile natives. Its stupid to keep harping on about the stupid constitution. Its outdated!!

Edited by andreww
  • Like 1

@ Andreww,

I'm not going to comment on your remark because trolling is more stupid than my believes. Canadians in general have other worries. Gun control is just that. Anyone can get a gun off the street and kill people. No matter what country you're in. Please become more informed and stop calling named when obviously you have no idea who I am and where I grew up. Thank you

Not in Canada my friend.

And the constitution was written long ago. The right to carry guns was meant to protect the population from wildlife and hostile natives. Its stupid to keep harping on about the stupid constitution. Its outdated!!

It wasn't written to protect the population from wildlife and natives. Enact all the laws you want, if you want to hurt people and you're not semi vegetative you'll likely succeed. The same arguments over and over again. For every nut job that massacres innocents there are a hundreds of millions if not billions of people with the same means that would never entertain the thought. It takes real depravity to commit an act like this and depravity cannot be regulated. That said we need to do more to protect our children. CC TV's, emergency plans and uniformed officer LEO on campuses. I'm not against teachers with CCW's but that is about as divisive an argument as exists concerning the 2nd amendment. 

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Ooohhhh i would feel real safe sending my kids to a school with armed guards! NOT!!! I just wonder one thing, is it easy to get a gun leagely in usa? I know in Sweden its pretty hard to get it!!! I love guns, i dont own one but i go to shooting rang all the time and shoot with a friends gun!

Not to much time in Canada, but have many friends and family members that live there.

The right to bear arms goes much further than wild life, but I'll stop here because this going astray from the topic.

Mental health is more a concern here than anything else and to make sense of something like this will take time.

Again, my thoughts and prayers with the families.

Ooohhhh i would feel real safe sending my kids to a school with armed guards! NOT!!!

I just wonder one thing, is it easy to get a gun leagely in usa? I know in Sweden its pretty hard to get it!!!

I love guns, i dont own one but i go to shooting rang all the time and shoot with a friends gun!

Getting a gun permit is not easy, at least not in NY. There's a serious background check as well as affidavits signed by at least four different individuals and two judges involved as well as a police and federal checkup.

Not easy at all. People that get a permit in the states are not the ones shooting other people randomly.

@Andreww,

Calling people stupid for adhering to their believes is just as stupid as believing that the earth is flat. Stop trolling man. It shows a lot of poor taste

it's not the gun permits or the laws that will change anything. Unfortunately is this mentality that guns are cool and everyone needs them. There's a cultural problem here that will take generations to fix and a serious discussion has to occur. 

I don't think it's ok for a disturbed person to have access to two handguns and decide to shoot kids. I bet this is not the first time he touched a gun. The culture of people thinking tactical training, doomsday survivor preparation, blaming other people for their own failures is feeding all those stupid shootings. 

Most of us don't need guns in our day to day lives (apart from people like Nanuq that need to fight off bears) but that's a subject that just like religion causes all kind of emotional reactions (e.g. let's throw away the Constitution comment) instead of rational ones.

We need a serious grown up dialog about gun violence, not ideology discussions.

I've spent a lot of time in the states, how much time have you spent in Canada? And we have no problems bigger than a hockey strike. 

I've spent some time in Canada. I have six family members that hold dual citizenship. Yeah, I get it. Even though Canada really never had a gun violence problem they still effectively banned/restricted private ownership of firearms. Comparing Canada and the US is apples and oranges in my opinion. Shootings just make headlines. Not saying murder isn't a problem, just saying the act of murder is the choice of the person. A gun is an inanimate object. 

Leading causes of death in the US; 

• Heart disease: 599,413
  • Cancer: 567,628
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
  • Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
  • Diabetes: 68,705
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,900

Lets put this in perspective roughly 13000 people were murdered with firearms in 2011 if I'm not mistaken. That is 4.7 per 100,000. The US murder rate is nothing to be proud of, roughly 75% of our homicides yearly are committed with firearms. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#By_country   

If you look at the list on the link above you will see a number of countries that outright ban the private ownership of firearms, others that restrict their ownership much more than in the US. No, we are not a third world country. But a right to bear arms is not the cause of murders period. The desire to commit murder is not something that will be solved with legislation. The means to commit murder are only limited to a murderers twisted imagination. BTW I do have children in school. 

Edited by TheRefinedSon