When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is a funny story - I guess spotting a fake isn't that easy

txcollector

Just another crotchety, arrogant old a**shole, who prejudged the owner. I would bet that the good Dr. came into the Rolex Shop in jeans and a T-shirt, or possibly a Polo. The watch repairer (Can't call someone like that a Watchmaker) took one look at the owner, probably said to himself, this guy can't afford a new Daytona, must be fake. The big problem with this is when you judge folks on what they wear or what they drive, you are very likely to make a big mistake. I know guys around here that never get out of their jeans and cowboy boots, except for weddings, funerals and church on Sunday.They drive dusty pickups that are usually filled to the brim with parts, tools, etc. If they walk in a nice store, outside our little town, the personnel probably wouldn't give them the time of day, but when those ole boys walk into the bank or their brokers office, they get treated like royalty, because the guys that handle their money know that despite apperances, they could probably buy the bank if they wanted to!