When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Minimum post requirement for trade area

Admin

In an attempt to limit all kind of offers from potential scammers, we have applied a 10 post minimum-rule on the trade area forums. This means that no members with less than 10 posts are able to post in the trade areas. 

These rules will be upheld until we are able to offer better payment methods to upgrade your memberships.

Maybe a bit higher number chief, my 2 cents. This being said if you have evil intent you will jerk around till you get thirty forty etc, but it will help with passers by.I would venture a 30x30 rule would do it posts and days respectively. But more than ten is a really a must. Also is there a way to donate these days.

(link on your post does not work)

• Like 1

I have to agree with mike. They can get 10 posts in 10 minutes with a few "GLWS's and nice watch",etc. 30 posts and 30 days is not too much to ask of a new member. If they are really interested, they will comply, otherwise better for everyone if they see the rules and decide to move on.

• Like 1

+1 with you both on this one 30/30 would be a great   :inverted:  really don't think it's too much to ask at all, it gives a new member time to do what we always recommend before buying......read,read,read.......then let your wallet out to play!

• Like 1

I spent thirty days just gawking at the watches and seeing who the players were. :unknw:  Oh and READING new guys, yes you get homework here. :hammer:  This is an advanced watch course, not a watch buying service or how to repair site. I never pulled that crap as a noob , bad form. :weight_lift2:  Yes you will see us help out with "hey how did you fix that" or "you have this one you like " "anybody have a source for this cheap!" :partytime:  not 4 post and questions by the boat load , even better one post :bangin:  !!!!!!!

I think the 30/30 rule sounds like a good starting point also. Like mentioned it helps protect everyone to an extent. Us from trolling sellers and newbs from draining their wallet on the first thing that they see (which may not necessarily be what they actually want). Good all around I would say.

• Like 2

Here is another 30/30 vote!

We will never get 100% free from scammers - but a rule like this will at least make it a little more difficult for new potential scammers and at the same time give new honest members time to reflect and (hopefully) learn to buy the seller - not the watch and by this become more cautious.

Edited by modelizer
  • Like 2

Maybe a bit higher number chief, my 2 cents. This being said if you have evil intent you will jerk around till you get thirty forty etc, but it will help with passers by.I would venture a 30x30 rule would do it posts and days respectively. But more than ten is a really a must. Also is there a way to donate these days.

(link on your post does not work)

Good idea.. +1 for me! 

I would say 50 posts and minimum 2 months on the forum or something like that :)

Here is the deal for me, if someone has been here two years, but  doesn't have much to say, it would be very easy to get their post count to 30. Or you could vaive the post count rule if someone has say 10 posts and one year. i don't want to discourage folks who may have some interest, but aren't really very active participants, but on the other hand if a guy came on here 2 years ago made one or two posts and was only interested in buying a watch, never came back, and then suddenly appeared to buy another watch, I don't see any reason why he can't post a few comments to get his post count up.