When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Minh

cc33

As some of you know I spent 1000$ recently on a Minh dial for 6538. He tried to pull a fast one by sending me a shit version of the one ordered and then when confronted said "oh sorry my staff sent you the wrong dial" and proceeded to send me the one I ordered. Well, it was stuck in customs and finally released and delivered this morning. Low and behold he sent me the exact same shit dial like the first. I just sent him an email asking for my money back which I doubt I will get but a word of warning for anyone doing a project with him or buying a dial, you probably won't get what you are paying for. I'm so glad that I bought that backup dial from ebay. It has been extremely frustrating to say the least. Minh used to be trustworthy but not anymore.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, and my pleasure.

I emailed the new dial guy, Ivan from Swissdialco about making me a James Bond dial. He responded with this,

Hi, your dial is quite beaten, I could clean some of the brown shmutz off and then either relacquer and relume or just relume, but the main issue is that quite a lot of the gilt text has become marred as the black background deteriorates and shows the gilt around the text it becomes merged and a bit messy and that is impossible to repair. Also often during cleaning this effect becomes worse depending on the stability of the black. Sometimes it literally just rubs off. results are often disappointing doing this....

The base itself looks ok and not damaged so I could either use this to work with from scratch or better for me do a part exchange on this dial and I use one of my own original Beyeler plates that I have cleaned and have ready to prep for the work...I am doing 2 others like this next week so it would be good to get your project tagged with these others then I am focussing on one model...and we get better results.

The way I work is that I take an ititial deposit, and send you an artwork proof to approve digitally. Then I proceed to restore. You tell me what type of lacquer sheen finish you'd like and what colour lume ...we can match to a set of hands or I can send you a chart and you choose the colour from that. Lume can glow or we have developed a lume that does not glow. This is popular on these older dials as 50 years on they really would not glow much at all.

So it seems that he can make a dials with old plates that we provide or he can provide them. More of a custom made process but why not for that kind of $. His dials are very well made so if anyone has a project involving a James Bond dial don't buy from Minh pm me and I can help you through the process of getting one custom made.

As some of you know I spent 1000$ recently on a Minh dial for 6538. He tried to pull a fast one by sending me a [censored] version of the one ordered and then when confronted said "oh sorry my staff sent you the wrong dial" and proceeded to send me the one I ordered. Well, it was stuck in customs and finally released and delivered this morning. Low and behold he sent me the exact same [censored] dial like the first. I just sent him an email asking for my money back which I doubt I will get but a word of warning for anyone doing a project with him or buying a dial, you probably won't get what you are paying for. I'm so glad that I bought that backup dial from ebay. It has been extremely frustrating to say the least. Minh used to be trustworthy but not anymore.

is that a REP dial and is worth $1000?, I bought a HE valve from him and at the end it was a crappy one

He sent me this one twice now as if I'm a complete newbie

Hard to tell from the pic, but does the red depth text have any 3-dimensionality to it? That is, if it looks like paint (as opposed to flat, 2-dimensional inkjet printing), if you have the index markers lumed properly, the end result should look like the dial in Minh's original pic.

Certainly, the ideal would be for Minh to send you the same dial he has pictured on his website. But, as that does not appear to be happening, at least this would get you the same thing in the end.

No 3-d whatsoever. It's printed with an inkjet as you suggested. That's why I put the first one in the oven, it's a crap dial. Worth 50$ maybe.. I don't really know what to do with Minh but i so so glad that I had the presence of mind to buy the 'eBay dial. Now I can just take whichever high end dial he actually has.

I've recently been trying to source a good 5514 Comex dial and also tried MQ without much luck. He firstly sent me pics of a very nice 1680 comex dial, when I pointed out I wanted the 5514 he then sent me pictures of an obviously poorer quality 5514 dial. I thought it looked familiar and for good reason as it was a photo taken from NDT's site with the borders cut off! So I don't really have any confidence in MQ now either.

That's too bad about the dials. From what it looks like to me, all of these guys are prone to pull a fast one, and it seems to be occurring with increasing frequency. Males you wonder if they really still have the parts that they picture on their websites, or all these long gone and all they have are crap, but still at the "good" parts prices.

I going to send the new dial guy a deposit for a few dials, maybe a 5514 comex as one of them and make a new post to show the progress along the way. He said I will get computer scans to approve before printing the dials so it'll be fun. With everyone's help with the qc we can get the perfect 5514 dial and a few others including a 6536 red depth and 6538 four line I am going to make. He already has the file for the 6538 two line that I got on ebay so he should be able to reproduce that one as well.

Well I would be really [censored] off, after all guys we take a lot of time doing research, looking for parts that would fit, finding those elusive dials and cases and finally when we get it all together the supplier send you a piece of %&&#% like this. I had the same problem with Yuki with my 5513 you cannot see the blemish on the dial unless you go macro but it had been enoying me so much that I will order and Ingod dial next month. Go for a Paypal dispute with him is the best you can do.

RGDS  M75

post-34293-0-66007800-1361218160_thumb.j

If you're going to push on a 5514 dial let me know if I can help in any way ;)

I going to send the new dial guy a deposit for a few dials, maybe a 5514 comex as one of them and make a new post to show the progress along the way. He said I will get computer scans to approve before printing the dials so it'll be fun. With everyone's help with the qc we can get the perfect 5514 dial and a few others including a 6536 red depth and 6538 four line I am going to make. He already has the file for the 6538 two line that I got on ebay so he should be able to reproduce that one as well.