When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little LV Daniel Bag Fake Complain

ArkoN

HI everyone,

I prepared this little "review" months ago, made pictures, did the research and so on. But than had a lot of personal things to do like a new job and new flat that were more important than a fake bag.

I ordered a LV Daniel GM Bag from a seller here(and one other item with problems also). I dont speak out his name(and let him read this und contact me first). Some time passed on and I`m not so angry anymore, because is he has a very good reputation here and I`m really [censored].

I ordered a LV Daniel GM but I`ve got the Daniel MM (thats the smaller one). You can read the sizing at the official LV homepage. That is not a big problem for me, the smallest problem even.

But it`s a bad fake for a high price. Everyone who has just a little clue will spot it. I pinpoint just the big flaws and mistakes, there are so many. Lets start the pictures:

img4798w.jpg
Fake from RWG Seller

genhalf.th.png
Gen 

img4801wl.jpg
Fake from RWG Seller

geninlay.png
Gen from LV Official Website

img4803y.jpg
Fake from RWG Seller

betterfakeback.png
A picture from another fake, But a much better one and cheaper one! And its more at the Gen side than this RWG Seller`s one.

img4818yx.jpg
Fake from RWG Seller

genside2.png
Gen from LV Official Website

betterfaketag.png
A picture from another fake, But a much better one and cheaper one!! This tag is completly missing on my RWG Fake one.

As you can see, it has some real bad flaws at it. I will not go out with it because its so obvious. 

greetz ArkoN

Ok let me start by saying that I have no idea if you are talking about me or not, probably because you need to contact me to let me know.

2nd what I see mostly when I look at your pic's is a bag that has been used a lot, why would you do that if you feel it is such a shoddy bag?

3rd if the bag is from me then it is at least $100 cheaper than a good quality replica watch, post one of those up on a gen watch forum and see how long it takes for them to rip you apart, why is it that people expect flawless accessories reps for a fraction of what they pay for flawed watch reps?

Lastly if it is me and I sent you the wrong bag the issue would have been fixed as soon as you contacted me, there are very many customers out there who will confirm this but instead you have posted this review (which you made months ago) of a bag that has obvious wear signs, why?

You have long ago passed the acceptable point of exchanging it.

Of course all the above is only my perspective.

Ken

In my opinion u shud have reached out to seller to sort it directly, ur effort to put same content in pm or email would have been same... these things may happen and there are solution. It's never too late but pls be mindful about the usages on the original bag by u. All the best.

I did wear it 4-5 times since Ive got it. Ive noticed some heavy wear usages especially at the inner side where the bad too big printed Logo is:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/img4803y.jpg/

I mean the pictures tell the story, the first two pictures, that has nothing to do with wear usage. On the Fake it goes down and on the gen its splited. The LV Printing on the side. That is not on the replica but on the gen one.

If its GM or MM that does not bother me at all. But there are some easy spotting flaws like the lv logo on the side. But maybe I`m expecting too much... There are fakes out there, that have fixed these flaws.

Edited by ArkoN

Do yourself the favor and get the gen... reps are not for you, they will never be 100% and they will always disappoint in one way or another. 

Watches, bags, clothes, same theory. If you want to complain about differences from the gen, then forget about reps from this point onwards.

Suppose the dream rep is one that is 99% close to the gen but at 1% of the price. Most of the quality reps fall short of both ends in terms of closeness to gen and price factor.

(maybe 80% close to gen but at 3-5% of the price), but that is enough to draw us all here, to dabble in them for different reasons.

Unless you can learn to live with that, its going to make you a very unhappy man down the road.

Granted, the size could be a supplier mistake, but for the rest of the differences, there's a reason why you are paying a small fraction of the price vs the real item price tag.

For these differences, It is not the mistake of the guy whom you bought from, but rather its a design flaw from the rep manufacturer.

Talk to whoever you bought from, be nice, and you will get it nicely resolved.

I am sometimes picky about reps as well but I often have to remind myself to get over it and learn to accept the flaws.

Even my BK TW Sub has some dust or marking on the rehaut where there shouldn't have been. But I'm the biggest critic because I know it's a rep and I sooo want it to be close to the gen.

Reality sinks in after finding the flaws because I realize that no one but me will know and I only paid a fraction of the price.

Heck even my Hermes briefcase which is an awesome rep has some flaws which to me are noticeable but not to the world from a distance. I only notice it because I'm looking for it intensely.

Edited by t4orce

I'm not into leather bags rep or otherwise but I can see some obvious differences between what you got and the Gen pics.............firstly can I ask why you wouldn't have contacted the seller before posting on here? You have been a member for quite some time so know the drill by now surely, at least give the guy a chance to make good when you got it, not post this months after the sale and after using the bag in between it's poor form mate.

Secondly buy the Genuine bag mate :)

I know the rep game right, that is the reason I dont speak out the name of the seller here. And I made this posting to have a better understanding of the lv daniel bag, if you want to buy it and get QC pictures. You know what to look for. That is the point of this posting. 

And yes I`ll get the GEN LV Bag the next days.

Here are my two cents.

With all bags, quality it is batch specific. All because you got a great bag from seller X once doesnt mean all his products are spot on. 

its like buying a current 243 M from a TD dealer. Your so happy you buy a daytona or navi that looks like a POC. Who/whats to blame ? 

Did you do enough research to see how the bag is CURRENTLY rep and who has it in stock ? rep soft goods has forums just like rep watches except they are more anal and picky.

Basically all runs and models arent made the same. They has HUGE variations.

I can share what I found out the hard way ($$$). Rep bag dealers usually does one product or brand really well but still has a ton of other items for sell. The other products are average at best, with major flaws.

Now about Ken

Ken does belts really, really well. I love his polos, other has had problems in the past but as I said it maybe brand/run specific.

Ken soars in customer service. He does this better than ANY dealer I've came across, With that said you should have just PM him and he would have addressed it promptly and fairly.

I think you should have given Ken feedback before posting in publc. He is a drop ship dealer. He doesn't know a product/batch/factory is having issues until someone tells him. 

I also think with bags, high quality QC pics are must. But, sadly I think Ken is getting away from this with his website.

• Like 1

I did wear it 4-5 times since Ive got it. Ive noticed some heavy wear usages especially at the inner side where the bad too big printed Logo is:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/img4803y.jpg/

I mean the pictures tell the story, the first two pictures, that has nothing to do with wear usage. On the Fake it goes down and on the gen its splited. The LV Printing on the side. That is not on the replica but on the gen one.

If its GM or MM that does not bother me at all. But there are some easy spotting flaws like the lv logo on the side. But maybe I`m expecting too much... There are fakes out there, that have fixed these flaws.

My wife has two of Ken's Bag and they may not even be a 100% copy of the Original, but the quality is far superior of what your pictures tell, maybe you got the wrong bag, but since you did not contacted the seller on time. I am not sure what can be done here.

my two cents

To set this clear, I dont want a new bag, I did wear it and noticed some heavy wear usage only after 4-5 times of wearing it. I did find this suspicious. And then I started to research and checked how good this rep actually is and saw these big flaws and was [censored]. I knew then already I cant get a replacement. I cant send a bag back that has wear usage. But I really only used it 4-5 times. So I threw my little research in a folder and the bag in a corner. And did some more important things. Until now I found time to do this posting.

You dont have to tell me, that a rep is not like a gen. But this bag is to me something I get from a random shop or even from the beach and I excepted more like a noobmariner for this price. I relied on the good reputation and maybe pay a little bit more. 

And NO I did no research on the bag before, why? If there is one seller that has a good reputation to pick the best goods why should I?! 

If it takes 3 months of research to fault a bag I wonder exactly where the problem lays?

It is obvious (and you admit) that you were happy with the bag at first as you used it since last December and have not once until this thread approached me with any issues.

Therefore this quote...

But this bag is to me something I get from a random shop or even from the beach

Is very suspect to say the least.

Personally I am willing to bet you had a situation where you let someone with a gen or very good knowledge of a gen go over the bag and isn't that like taking your rep watch into an AD's?

Ken

I was happy the first time I used it for sure. But then only after 4-5 times wearing it, I saw the usage. I repeat myself here. Then I did research, just check out the official LV page and looked at other gen pictures. Did the measurement of the bag to see if its GM or MM and so on.

No one that has knowledge of the gen did see this bag in person. I stopped wearing it in January because of two reasons. 1. I dont wanna be called out wearing a fake by, the lv logo on the side. That is a tell that does not need that big of a knowledge. Second the materials are cheap and wear off very fast, that you experience only if you wear it more than once.

I don't see where the OP has personally attacked the seller.  Not sure why seller is being defensive.  He found flaws in the bag which may not bother others and he says the bag isn't as robust as he'd hope for.  It seems he was fine with everything which is why he tried it out a few times and then became surprised at how quickly it began to show wear.  How was the OP supposed to know when he received the bag brand new that it would show that kind of sign of wear?

Seems to me he's just putting his perspective on the bag.  Don't see anything wrong with that.  I don't see OP asking seller for anything here.

I don't see where the OP has personally attacked the seller.  Not sure why seller is being defensive.  He found flaws in the bag which may not bother others and he says the bag isn't as robust as he'd hope for.  It seems he was fine with everything which is why he tried it out a few times and then became surprised at how quickly it began to show wear.  How was the OP supposed to know when he received the bag brand new that it would show that kind of sign of wear?

Seems to me he's just putting his perspective on the bag.  Don't see anything wrong with that.  I don't see OP asking seller for anything here.

You don't have a problem that it has taken 3 Months to find the flaws?

Why am I being defensive?

This is the exact same bag you will find reviewed in my review section, the bag is so highly regarded that others who read the reviews come to me for the same bag and the OP says it's junk.

You can't see that? You don't think that claim should be defended?

Ken

Maybe it didn't take 3 months to find the flaws.  Maybe he noticed some of them and didn't care so much and went about using it like he intended.  Then when he started to see the wear, he got a little frustrated and all those flaws he overlooked started compounding and he decided to write about all of them.  I don't know.  It's just a guess.

I've read a lot of great reviews on your bags.  I would venture to say a lot of those reviews were made upon arrival where it was closely inspected for appearance and construction.  Of course, with your QC, those inspections should pass with flying colors.  But replica or genuine, it's still a bag and it should still serve it's function - carrying [censored].  The OP claims he has used it only 4-5 times and noticed the heavy wear.  That is where I take it he was most disappointed and triggered this thread.  Maybe this was a bad batch that wasn't made to last (most likely out of your control) or maybe he packed anvils in them.  No idea.

I trust he didn't go out to tarnish your reputation.  He's just writing about his experience with this specific bag.  Who knows?  When he gets the genuine article like he says he plans to, he may write the same thing about the bag not being made out of adamantium.  We know how highly rated your bags are.  But does that mean even 1 out of 100 of your customers can't be completely satisfied with them?

There are customers who will never be satisfied by replica's, those people have the option to spend the extra $1200 to buy the genuine.

That said the reference was made that my bag was an inferior item, as the seller I do have the right to defend that claim.

I also need to point out the bag is made of leather and canvas, it will wear, the genuine will also wear and that's a fact of life.

Ken

Ive also posted some pictures from other fakes that are cheaper but more accurate. Lets go further with this. There are people that are never satisfied, you should not buy rep if you complain blablablaa... this is just not true

The point is, there are fakes out there, that are 1. cheaper 2. more accurate. Need proof? In 30 Days I do another, more detailed review, maybe with a DSLR Video. But then there is more than one Daniel bag in there.

I never tried to blame someone here, but many here try to blame me. I know the facts are on my side and I`m ready for it to put some money and time in to proof my facts.

• Like 1

Ive also posted some pictures from other fakes that are cheaper but more accurate. Lets go further with this. There are people that are never satisfied, you should not buy rep if you complain blablablaa... this is just not true

The point is, there are fakes out there, that are 1. cheaper 2. more accurate. Need proof? In 30 Days I do another, more detailed review, maybe with a DSLR Video. But then there is more than one Daniel bag in there.

I never tried to blame someone here, but many here try to blame me. I know the facts are on my side and I`m ready for it to put some money and time in to proof my facts.

So what you really have done is a review - a comparison of a gen and rep.  This is normal and we see this type of review in the board.  What made this unpleasant to read (and to me repulsive) is you called this review a fake complain.  I mean WTF!  You purchased a rep and you complain that its a fake?!   Reps are not for you.

I also need to point out the bag is made of leather and canvas, it will wear, the genuine will also wear and that's a fact of life.

All you need to do is look on eBay for gen bags with lots of wear .. and still selling for $1300 looking like a dog chewed on them. My wife was upset when the bottom corners of her Bergies Birkin started to show wear, so I showed her pictures of used genuine Birkins .. the exact same wear patterns!!!

You can get PICTURES of the reps that are priced cheaper and seem to be better. But experience with replica bags tell me that you sometimes do not get the pictured back when you order the item pictured.

And regarding complaints about reps, its about managing expectations, nothing more. As I mentioned, your complaint about wrong size is valid. But design flaws are one big common trait of replicas. Thats what made them replicas.

And why did you spend time to post your complaint here instead of having a private conversation with the seller? That is what I want to know. You started a public thread, so expect a public opinion.

You are like the guy who visits a Lord of the Ring museum and complains that the life size replicas of the orcs do not resemble the ones seen in the movie.

Yes maybe, but unless you have a movie set pass, that is what you would have to settle for. Same applies to all of us.

If I want to point something out here, its that I feel you should PM the seller and communicate with him. He would have helped you much better than the rest of us, who can afford to sit around and give you our 2 cents, not all of which would be pleasant to you.

And why did you spend time to post your complaint here instead of having a private conversation with the seller? That is what I want to know. You started a public thread, so expect a public opinion.

What would this private conversation help? The seller, it is KB, also stated is has heavy wear. That is the point, he wont take it back anyway. 

I dont complain its fake, what are you all talking about??!!

I did order over 100 fake goods like shirts, bags, watches in my life. I know the rep game and this is a bad replica and I`m going to proof it. I order another replica of the some bag from another dealer and we will see.... The pictures from the other fake bag are screenshots from a video. I will never pay more than 150$ for the other replica bag.

What would this private conversation help? The seller, it is KB, also stated is has heavy wear. That is the point, he wont take it back anyway. 

I dont complain its fake, what are you all talking about??!!

I did order over 100 fake goods like shirts, bags, watches in my life. I know the rep game and this is a bad replica and I`m going to proof it. I order another replica of the some bag from another dealer and we will see.... The pictures from the other fake bag are screenshots from a video. I will never pay more than 150$ for the other replica bag.

I've said what I wanted, and I do apologise if you were offended. It is not my place to make you feel worse than you already do.

Have a good day, and see if you could work it out with the seller. :)

What the OP has not stated is that when this thread was started it came to my notice that he also received a belt that was short, I told my sales rep to contact him to fix it straight away.

But the bag, seriously you buy and wear a watch for 3 months, get it banged up a bit and then tell the seller "Hey this is not the same as gen"

Seriously?

C'mon....

Ken