When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

scammer on RWG

997 s

997 I think it's time you stated the member and his real name too as he's a repeat offender here   :g: that's unless the mods think otherwise ?

His address wouldn't go amiss either tbh   :g: at least that way everyone that reads this will know as much as you do mate....... 

Exactly. We all know the scammers are out there, but I think it would be helpful to other forum members if the details (sans name) were shared. That way, folks understand how such a scam is approached and how to recognize if they are in the same kind of situation.

i agree, just raising and alarm is pretty pointless unless details about the methodology of the scammer are known. If  i'm aware that someone is using a particular type of fraud, like the ones a while back that were using bogus wire transfers, or counterfeit money orders or certified checks, etc.

With a community of this size, there are always going to be folks floating around that are trying to make a fast buck. There aren't many thank goodness, but there are some. It's always important to do your due diligence when making a deal with someone. I'm always a little skeptical of a new person coming on the forum and after a couple of days listing 2-3 watches in the sales forum, or posting a bunch of "Want to buys". Proceed with caution especially if it's a member that you aren't familiar with. Ask for references, if not here, on other forums. Post a "I need a reference check on JohnDoe123", look in the feedback area to see if the seller has any feedback on this or other forums. 

Sorry but this thread doesn't make any sense.

agreed...we all know scammers are out there, but this thread has absolutley no useful info on what happend or what to look out for...did the buyer use a paypal account that wasnt his? want to pay cash on delivery? did his profile state he was in USA yet his paypal stated nigera? etc etc, i know the op said to message him for more details but i see no difference in just posting it here openly. no names need be mentioned if so desired, but atleast give info on the scam so if it happens to another user they can say "hang on, ive read about this recently..."

why clog up your inbox with users asking for more info when it could benefit the entire community by just posting about it here...

Gentlemen we work under the assumption innocent till proven guilty, correct. If 997 wants to say in open forum and go toe to toe with accused it is his call.

Not my place.

From known MO these tips:

A. High value sales are targets.

B. Paypal used but only ship to PP address with tracking and insured ,don't cheap out can cost you a lot more.

C. Spend 60 you get  VIP then scam a 1200 watch, so do not hang your hat on that..

D. A guy with couple of months in W/ no feedback and low post is not a buyer for your 800 -2000$ watch period. You want to roll the dice on a 100-200 $ sale well I have (no problems) but not the good stuff.

• Like 1

agreed...we all know scammers are out there, but this thread has absolutley no useful info on what happend or what to look out for...did the buyer use a paypal account that wasnt his? want to pay cash on delivery? did his profile state he was in USA yet his paypal stated nigera? etc etc, i know the op said to message him for more details but i see no difference in just posting it here openly. no names need be mentioned if so desired, but atleast give info on the scam so if it happens to another user they can say "hang on, ive read about this recently..."

why clog up your inbox with users asking for more info when it could benefit the entire community by just posting about it here...

Agreed.

Either inform the mods who will deal with it, and let them suspend / ban the member and inform the rest of us, or if you're 99.999% certain it's a scam, post full details, but post JUST the facts with no emotional influence whatsoever (then if you do happen to be wrong, you haven't called them a scammer, you've just posted facts about the transaction / whatever)

This thread should be locked or deleted.

*snort*

I prefer to look at them as simply more beautiful. My enhanced patina look takes time and practice to perfect. In fact I'm thinking I need more practice.

Got any pieces you want beautified? I have some new techniques in mind.

:whistling:

I just need to improve my aim.

drat_i_missed.jpg

You can all decide if this was an attempt ripping me off. Sorry for late reply but I have been away travelling

Warehouse77 wanted to buy the AP

But very strange in his way to communicate

For ex, says he lives in London but wanted to ship to Tel Aviv

If u google ezogue yonatan u will find a person named yonatan ezogue. Same name but in reverse. Email adress was the same as articles below

That scams on RWI. Also in Tel Aviv

When I asked some questions about this I got no answers.

look at this:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/150630-member-yonatanezo-possible-scammer-here/?hl=%2Bscammer+%2Btel+%2Baviv#entry1150144

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/151008-a-scammer-among-us/page-3?hl=%2Bscammer+%2Btel+%2Baviv#entry1155040

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f90/scammer-forums-members-beware-762910.html

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/scammer-alert-115589.html

• Like 1

997S, thanks for your confirmation that the email address he personally asked you to use matches the "yonotan" gmail address.

I've gone back and forth with this for several weeks, actually having confirmation that this member Warehouse77 completed two high value watch purchases and both went through smoothly.

But there are other specifics about him that add up to convince me he's a scammer. 

Banned.

• Like 1

He is one of the people who try to pass and sell reps or franken's on ebay and other places as Gen's. He needs these pretty badly to keep it all going. He's not the only one either, people come here just to buy a rep or Franken with the intent of reselling elsewhere as the real deal. We should condemn that behaviour just as much as a traditional scammer, which he used to be.

Precisely.  Exactly right.  I just wish the OP was a little more forthcoming with details ... it took this long to get confirmation about the email address?  The guy could have skimmed off half a dozen nice pieces in that time.

Gentlemen, I appreciate your alerts when a scammer pops up.  But we admin/mod folks need all the details right away, to be effective.  Innuendo and hearsay and "he said / she said" and references to other sites don't help much.

Well done, all.