When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chronomat Evolution - Close Up Pics For You!

trustywatchguy

Have to agree... it's a beautiful watch but those hands are such an obvious flaw it makes it hard to get too excited about this version.

Cheers!

Kirk

Thanks Andrew....

Hate to say it but those grey hands are a deal killer for me!

I don't want a perfect rep but this flaw is just too obvious. Sorry.

I hate green lume, even if it does belong. I had Gen white dialed Steelfish. I sold it because of those big round green indices, like snot balls. I love the Rolex dials for the perfectly white lume..

Thom

C1 (white) is not as bright as C3 (light green) which is probably why Breitling chose C3... function over looks...

I hate green lume, even if it does belong. I had Gen white dialed Steelfish. I sold it because of those big round green indices, like snot balls. I love the Rolex dials for the perfectly white lume..

Thom

Then I don't think you had a gen Steelfish brother....cause mine indices are white as coke!!

154460-14071.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

Then I don't think you had a gen Steelfish brother....cause mine indices are white as coke!!

154525-14054.jpg

Hardy hardy hah! I think it comes down to contrast. On the white dialed it appeared green. And about form over function, it did not glow all that bright, just slightly better than eyal trinite. Here's some pics I took"

154525-14055.jpg

154525-14056.jpg

154525-14057.jpg

154525-14058.jpg

154525-14059.jpg

154525-14060.jpg

154525-14061.jpg

154525-14062.jpg

154525-14063.jpg

Hardy hardy hah! I think it comes down to contrast. On the white dialed it appeared green. And about form over function, it did not glow all that bright, just slightly better than eyal trinite. Here's some pics I too

I think there's a difference because you have/ had the older version? I have the red Automatic on the dial (2000meter / 44mm diameter)... maybe they used different lume on both models?..... or .... it's a contrast thing like you said?

Edited by Rolexman

I think there's a difference because you have/ had the older version? I have the red Automatic on the dial (2000meter / 44mm diameter)... maybe they used different lume on both models?..... or .... it's a contrast thing like you said?

perhaps. Yes i had the smaller older steelfish, not the newer larger steelfish plus. Your's is very nice.

Thom

i may and will sound stupid with this but regards to the wrong colour hands on the crono evo i have looked at the 05 and 06 breitling catalogs and the hand colours seem to be correct?? i am assuming it s the sub dial hands the are the wrong colour?? is there any differance with the uk model over te US?

thanks tim.

Seems like everyday I log in here and find some other 'issue' that I never thought about

or cared about before....

Almost like we are passing along pet peeve viruses,..

Okay class,..Quiet down now,...Today's peeve is green lume.... :yuk: ,... :lol:

I have always loved that green glow,...

This has to stop..... I will not forsake the green....

Ive been doing some investigation for myself on the hand color subject. As ive ordered one of these baby's from andrew.

My guess is breitling updated the model.

there are 2 different version, differences are:

-tachymeter font (one is a times like matching the numbers, other is arial plain simple font which doenst match the tachy numbers)

-writing under the logo left to the date is somewat different (on one verssion the chronometer extents under the date window, on the exactly ends exactly where date window sits.

-the hands ont the light faced SS models are dark. i say dark because somtetimes they look black, sometimes they look white like the markers/nunbers (they are polished, not matte finish) and sometimes they look dark gray.

-maybe other things my eye didn't catch.

Now i went to the AD, and i can confirm for the white face (they had no other models) , the hans are dark on the genuine.

So my conclusion is they did one heck of job on this watch.

I will post a review soon.

Regards,

Slick

I think you might be right about the updated model, with regards to the hands issue. I know that everyone on TRC was on Angus to tell his factory guy to change the font of 'automatic' from the red that he'd used for his prototype to the white that is more common....only to discover that there's another (I believe more recent) model that actually DOES have the red lettering...but no one had yet seen it cause it was just released.

I think you might be right about the updated model, with regards to the hands issue. I know that everyone on TRC was on Angus to tell his factory guy to change the font of 'automatic' from the red that he'd used for his prototype to the white that is more common....only to discover that there's another (I believe more recent) model that actually DOES have the red lettering...but no one had yet seen it cause it was just released.

New 2007 Breitling Catalogue

154986-13950.jpg

:)