When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob factory Ceramic PO and LM LE. (LM due for Release.)

cougar1

Is that the 42mm watch?  I'm a total noob to reps but unless I'm missing something the genuine 42 mm has square dial markers at 12, 3, 6, 9 not tapered as shown on this rep.  The genuine 45.5 PO has the tapered markers.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong though plz. Or maybe this is the 45.5?

Hey cougar, I agree with the DW but I'm planning to send it off to Mike (MD2020) for servicing along with the new release of the Ceramic Rollie Submariner. I plan to waterproof it , etc , the works so I'm not too worried.

Hazey, I feel you and noticed too but ill have Mike fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Vinny, this is a 42mm but its the LMPO (Liquid Metal PO) that was released as an intro to Liquid Metal Technologies. All LM reps are 42mm. The Blue Titanium version that you'll see on the TD Sites(Trusted Dealers) is the latest rep of the LM version . This particular limited edition LM gen sports the Calibre 2500 with a seamonster case back. I think you're referring to the older POs since I don't recall the new CrPOs having this.

Anyone feel free to correct me :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That's great mdiaz, mike will do a top notch job, should be great after, yours is one of the better ones I've seen so far. Thanks for the qc pics of the sides and back also, most are just posting dials on other forums :) ...the case work on these,... brushing/cuts lines etc look really good on this rep, very close to gen.

I think you're referring to the older POs since I don't recall the new CrPOs having this. Anyone feel free to correct me :)Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I was going by what is currently shown on omegas website. They show the 42 mm with square dial markers and the 45.5s with the tapered markers. Is omegas website showing old versions?

I am really getting tired of this watch. I was interested to see how it comes and apart from the flaws on the dial these are smoking hot. Bezel insert, pearl placement, crystal clarity, wow, they are so well made compared to old PO that had a shitty pearl, shitty placement of the pearl, foggy crystal with completely wrong AR compared to a genuine. Bracelet was ok but not good. 45.5 mm model has still wrong date window edge, logo is high or low, twisted or looses, crystal is not even double side AR coated etc.

And now I see decent reps being rejected because 1 and 2 are not 100 % on the same level. I totally agree if the logo is tilted or the numbers are tilted. But I have a genuine CR PO 45.5 mm and really, its 1 and 2 are as bad (or good) as in some rejected watches.

Sorry for this post but hey get some reality into this.

• Like 1

I disagree, respectfully sunny, we are all aware of the reality of reps in comparison to gen. In this instance we have a truly outstanding rep, and the release is completely marred by the simplest of issues, drilled dial holes ffs. I do agree with you that the basic rep level of the PO has come on leaps and bounds since the last v5/UPO 3 years ago, but that is why the dial issue is such a disappointment, improve everything..... everything...AR/endlinks/clasp/lume/bezel/pearl/case/He/crown/logos etc and then fall short on the most basic finishing touch, crooked markers. As said on another thread, this is a very very simple issue to correct, and it is now affecting sales and pissing people off who are involved in 5 or 6 qc rejects over the past month, ....noobs loss I guess, do they care, probably not. It's like this, complain and we might get it corrected sooner rather than later, don't complain and say 'ah its a rep' and they will happily use the same dial drillers for the next 6 months-year+ etc.

Some are not so bad in batch 2, much better than the first batch which were awful, but they still need work, and its not just the 1 and 2, its lucky if just that, it is more often 1 and 2 and the 9 marker 12 marker and the logo etc.....this could be a superrep, but most people are holding off, and for good reason. Look at the BP 45mm ti and ss, do you see many dial rejects due to crooked markers on those? No, because they used a sub contractor who could drill the dial holes straight. As mentioned on another thread, this is not a rep QC vs gen QC issue, straight markers are not beyond the ability of the rep factories. To be honest I'm surprised at some of the comments over on the thread on RWI, it seems we must not complain about a $400 rep with basic fixable flaw! There is no incentive for the factories to fix it if we don't! Also most people don't seem to be aware of how awkward it is to home fix polished markers/numerals/logos on a polished dial, so they need to be good out of the factory.

• Like 1

I am really getting tired of this watch. I was interested to see how it comes and apart from the flaws on the dial these are smoking hot. Bezel insert, pearl placement, crystal clarity, wow, they are so well made compared to old PO that had a shitty pearl, shitty placement of the pearl, foggy crystal with completely wrong AR compared to a genuine. Bracelet was ok but not good. 45.5 mm model has still wrong date window edge, logo is high or low, twisted or looses, crystal is not even double side AR coated etc.

And now I see decent reps being rejected because 1 and 2 are not 100 % on the same level. I totally agree if the logo is tilted or the numbers are tilted. But I have a genuine CR PO 45.5 mm and really, its 1 and 2 are as bad (or good) as in some rejected watches.

Sorry for this post but hey get some reality into this.

I agree sunny. My LMPO arrived yesterday and now is on my wrist. Wow, what a beauty! I could have been ultra picky about the QC picks (I rejected one), but in real life size I don't even notice the slight deviation of the dial. The jeweler that re-sized my bracelet was raving about what a nice watch it was (and I also had my 15 year old gen Smp getting a new pin, which he didn't mention in his praise).

I think the only way someone would tell this watch is a rep is if they were standing next to you with a gen Liquidmetal, but the odds of that are 1948 in 7 billion!

Plus Angus has said if noob improves the dial he will offer it as a part. I see what you're saying cougar about demanding improvement, but in the same regard this is easily the best PO rep, and noob should be rewarded for delivering it, I mean at $300 it's crazy value to me.

@ cougar: completely understand your point on this. Something that has been easily made well in the past and now they fck it, that should not happen. But with this watch it seems that every detail gets extreme criticism, I suppose next qc pics will be rejected based on the feel that the shine on the bracelet seems different than in the gen pics, or the crystal diameter seems to be 0.1 mm off. As said, some realism into this discussion. 

@ redmond: great, enjoy your super watch!

It is not even about looking for improvements though, it's about getting main parts up to basic rep quality that we all ready see out. Get the dials to basic BP factory 45mm PO CrPO straightness and then it is as good as can be. All this talk about vs gen is ludicrous. Many of the dials straightness) were not up to the quality of lesser reps (the CrPO 45mm). As said its a dial hole issue, not a "gen-like feel" issue :)

I'm not trying to pick fights in this, just been in the rep game a long time and see the improvements in past couple of years, that means I call out a problem if I see dial issues that look like a $100 rep from years ago on a current $300/$400 high quality rep.

Congrats red on the watch, glad you got a good one, but still for the 1 or 2 (maybe 3) out of 10 that are passing qc, we still need a quick update on clearing the backlog soon and getting a better pass rate on this from noob.

I gotta say I agree with cougar on this one, to be fair we all know what we are buying into, trouble is that these days reps are no longer the $50-$100 purchase they used to be, as such they should attract attention to any issues when a so called 'Super Rep' has faults and basic ones at that upon release, after all it's a $300+ rep isn't it ? 

I'm all for fair play and lowering my expectations with reps but I do expect a decently lined up dial for my $300 ;) just my 2c..............just wish Noob would get the Ceramic out soon too  :partytime:   

I couldn't agree more with cougar1 too and I have to say I am a little bit tired and bored with comments like "it's a rep, yours expectations are unreasonable".

Here we are discussing about obvious crooked logo and dial markers in a >300USD rep (Asian Eta), not so minor flaws.

I still have to hear someone complaining about the not 100% accurate dial in certain light conditions. That would be unreasonable.

Just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DonT, I asked Angus the other day and got the following regarding the blue titanium ceramic.

"The noob maker is not releasing this watch model soon, so if you really like it, then order it. but the blue color and the dial color is quite off when compare with gen.

But it is still the best out there, you can give it a try"