When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whoopy's Dial Project - PreOrder List

Aero_Dave

UPDATE: 

As of now, 11 orders have been completed. Once the remaining 5 have been logged, I will send the custom brass dials to the printing factory. In addition, once the rest of the orders have been confirmed, I will be raffling off two 20mm isofrane-type bands to the preorder-ers who have helped realize this project! 

I present: the isostyle

http://imgur.com/a/v3bDv#0

- whoop

UPDATE: 

As of now, 6 orders have been completed. Once the remaining 10 have been logged, I will send the custom brass dials to the printing factory. In addition, once the rest of the orders have been confirmed, I will be raffling off two 20mm isofrane-type bands (of my creation) to the preorder-ers who have helped realize this project! 

I present: the isostyle

http://imgur.com/a/v3bDv#0

- whoop

Sweet, nice offer Whoopys. Good luck to all who are on the pre-order list.

:)

Dave...

UPDATE #3

Still waiting on the remaining preorderer, and then things will move forward.

I have also decided to change the 5513 dial in the lineup (it was originally going to be 1 color - white ink). I designed it using an HD reference picture of a 5513 gilt dial: the final product will be real gilt (not golden ink). These will end up being $190 methinks.

Gen for comparison:

http://rolexpassionmarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/5513gilt19653.jpg

stay tuned,

- whoop

post-43094-0-57521600-1371761608_thumb.p

Are you adding additional slots to the preorder list for this new dial?

The original preorder list was put together in an effort to fund the printing of 7 designs. At this time, anyone is welcome to preorder dials to ensure that they receive a dial, as I'm only printing 1 batch, but the raffle will only include the original members who preordered. In short, yes you can preorder this dial - just pm me.

- whoop

Maybe I'm stupid but it looked like you were only going to print 20 dials in total, then quit.

20 orders were needed to fund the printing: more than 20 dials will be printed in this order. Factories have a MOQ (minimum order quantity), while my quantity still falls short of the average moq (200), my printing contact has a good relationship with a factory and convinced them to print the order.

UPDATE #4

We're getting closer!

Just made the first of 2 payments to the dial factory + shipped out the custom gen spec dials. I've been busy the last few days creating the appropriate files for the dial factory to use for production. Coreldraw is a common vector program used by many factories in China. I created all of the dial designs using illustrator, so each file needed to be converted accordingly. This required me to purchase Coreldraw and after several frustrating hours of digging through illustrator/Coreldraw forums I was able to do the necessary conversions (you wouldn't believe how different the 2 programs are).

After using the random number generator here: http://www.this-play.nl/randomnumber/

The 2 isostyle strap winners are:

14. CptTripps

10. dieselpower

I will ship your straps asap!

stay tuned for more updates :D

- whoop

Whoopy's, any update on the dial project?

Thanks,

Dave...

Updates indeed!

UPDATE #5

Dials arrived at the factory yesterday. Film (a negative of sorts) based off of the corel draw files I mentioned earlier will be created for each dial on Monday-Tuesday. I have not been informed of EXACTLY how long printing will take (after the films have been made), but the whole process so far has been very quick and professional. To me, this phrase, "quick and professional" doesn't crop up often in this hobby, so I'm delighted with the progress thus far. 

Also, 200th post!  :yeah:  

More updates as I get them!

- whoop

Updates indeed!

UPDATE #5

Dials arrived at the factory yesterday. Film (a negative of sorts) based off of the corel draw files I mentioned earlier will be created for each dial on Monday-Tuesday. I have not been informed of EXACTLY how long printing will take (after the films have been made), but the whole process so far has been very quick and professional. To me, this phrase, "quick and professional" doesn't crop up often in this hobby, so I'm delighted with the progress thus far. 

Also, 200th post!  :yeah:  

More updates as I get them!

- whoop

Good News!! :clap2:

The 2 isostyle strap winners are:

14. CptTripps

10. dieselpower

So I get this random strap yesterday and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what I ordered by mistake. I spent an hour combing through eBay and PayPal to see what I ordered.

Then I catch this thread and see my name. Hey! I won something!!!

Thanks man! I'll put it on the TC Sub I got yesterday and sport it while I'm out and about this week in Florida.

UPDATE #6

Films have been made! Each color warrants the creation of a separate film. In total, 9 films were created in the past two days. For dials requiring 2 colors, each film will be lined up with one another to ensure a picture perfect print (especially in the case of the Comex dial). Naturally, the next step in the process will be printing!

Stay tuned for more updates!

- Whoop