When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Helenrou 6538 Modded by Yours Truely

Big Dazza

Hey as most guys here probably know I do love the big crown models be it Tudor or Rolex, after the Silix case disappeared I havent really seen anything cost effective until a few guys here have sent me their Helenrou 6538s for modding, once completed they look absolutely fantastic:

Plexi crystal installed, aged insert, acrylic pearl with relume and relumed/aged dial and hands with some vintage texture :)

DSC_0040_zps09cfe3f5.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsbd0f2b9a.jpg

DSC_0039_zps8ebf4fa5.jpg

Love the feel of it so much i've plunged into getting the Tudor version for myself, now comes the wait to get my parts :)

Why is the seconds hand really white and looks brand new and the hour & minute hands look aged?

Looks odd.

The seconds hand is painted white. The minute and hour hands are bare metal .. (gilded)

I think it looks dead on

He doesn't understand how it's supposed to look, and why it looks that way.

The seconds hand is painted white. The minute and hour hands are bare metal .. (gilded)

Ah, the gen looks like that. That explains it then.

I still think it looks odd :D

I think it looks dead on

Sorry, it wasn't a criticism, it was just a question. (like / dislike of any watch is a subjective matter so it makes no sense for me to criticise anyone elses taste, I can just say how I feel about a watch!)