When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki 20mm Bracelet

blue.

So I was thinking about some possible bracelet swap/update on my Explorer 1016 and stumbled over Yuki´s 20mm solid oyster bracelet.

The clasp coronet looks appropriately placed, otherwise all other engravings seem not that correct (which does not matter that much to me). Endlinks can be changed with proper ones, for sure.

It is quite possible (I assume) that gen spec 1016 spring bars may fit in that bracelet, due to the fact that the spring bar in the endlink looks like the Yuki Sub springbar, "lhooq"had reviewed it with some other gen spec 1016 spring bars some time ago.

What do you think about this bracelet?

Anyone can share his opinion, especially if it is suitable on an Explorer 1016?

Any better solid oyster bracelet alternatives (reasonably priced)?

Here are a couple of images from his site:

DSC_6488.jpg    DSC_6480.jpg

DSC_6485.jpg

Thank you in advance for any opinions and suggestions!

It's hard to say if it has solid midlinks or the correct hollow ones. The numbers on the bracelet, clasp and endlinks are wrong. The coronet looks good though (mouth could be a bit smaller) but the position is good as well, clasp has

only the famous 6 holes. The construction of the last link connecting the bracelet to the springbar is wrong (there is no rep bracelet that got that detail right).

All in all, a good base but requires a bit modding I'd say.

• Like 1

mary from watch internation sells a very nice, if not the best folded link bracelet for gmt and explorers @ $50

Thank you for the suggestion! Sent her an inquiry. Though could not see if she has any website to choose from.

I ordered one today. I'll post here when it shows up!

Planning on using it on my 1016 too.

Sound good :)

Looking forward to hear from you some rough review of it when you receive it.

It's hard to say if it has solid midlinks or the correct hollow ones. The numbers on the bracelet, clasp and endlinks are wrong. The coronet looks good though (mouth could be a bit smaller) but the position is good as well, clasp has

only the famous 6 holes. The construction of the last link connecting the bracelet to the springbar is wrong (there is no rep bracelet that got that detail right).

All in all, a good base but requires a bit modding I'd say.

Yes, I saw the incorrect number stampings.

"The construction of the last link connecting the bracelet to the springbar is wrong (there is no rep bracelet that got that detail right)."

True!

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I wonder why the rep makers don't get some key details correct. Like the end piece link, one would think that would be a no brainer. Also the links themselves are a bit off proportion wise. The 19mm's are worse. Overall, they look nice, few would be able to spot (if at all) the little idiosyncrasies we obsess about.

If the manufacturers got every detail right, we'd buy one each and be done with it.

Sad truth of the matter is, every time they make a tiny improvement (and inexorably take a step back on another detail) they sell a boatload of these bands to us.

There's zero incentive for them to produce a perfect aftermarket piece.

i'd personally buy one of josh's folded 7836(i think its the same as mary offers) slightly enlarge the spring pin opening on the end of the bracelet so a 2mm will fit. Buy a Gen set of end links and your good to go. There is also the WSO 78360 which i haven't personally seen, there are no pictures of the stampings on the listing and he won't confirm whats on it if anything :fool: I assume he's worried about Rolex complaining. Has anyone here bought one?? Might be a simple solution to a long term issue for all of us

• Like 1

i'd personally buy one of josh's folded 7836(i think its the same as mary offers) slightly enlarge the spring pin opening on the end of the bracelet so a 2mm will fit. Buy a Gen set of end links and your good to go. There is also the WSO 78360 which i haven't personally seen, there are no pictures of the stampings on the listing and he won't confirm whats on it if anything :fool: I assume he's worried about Rolex complaining. Has anyone here bought one?? Might be a simple solution to a long term issue for all of us

WSO?

Aham, the Bracelet topic is an issue for us all!

WSO?

WSO- WholeSaleOutlet

How good are the general after market bracelets that are offered for example from Startime supply and others?

These do not have any stampings at all, though rep clasps can be swapped for sure.

Example of an DJ band:

84j7.png

Has anyone tried one of these?

Edited by blue.

Aham, the Bracelet topic is an issue for us all!

WSO- WholeSaleOutlet

How good are the general after market bracelets that are offered for example from Startime supply and others?

These do not have any stampings at all, though rep clasps can be swapped for sure.

Example of an DJ band:

84j7.png

Has anyone tried one of these?

I bought one from Sapphy times with correct engravings..so so quality with HORRIBLE endlinks...

So I was thinking about some possible bracelet swap/update on my Explorer 1016 and stumbled over Yuki´s 20mm solid oyster bracelet.

The clasp coronet looks appropriately placed, otherwise all other engravings seem not that correct (which does not matter that much to me). Endlinks can be changed with proper ones, for sure.

It is quite possible (I assume) that gen spec 1016 spring bars may fit in that bracelet, due to the fact that the spring bar in the endlink looks like the Yuki Sub springbar, "lhooq"had reviewed it with some other gen spec 1016 spring bars some time ago.

What do you think about this bracelet?

Anyone can share his opinion, especially if it is suitable on an Explorer 1016?

Any better solid oyster bracelet alternatives (reasonably priced)?

Here are a couple of images from his site:

Thank you in advance for any opinions and suggestions!

I just got one from Yuki, 

The bracelet is well made but not better than those from watches sold from rep dealers

springbars that come with are too thin,

the end piece of the bracelet and end links need to be modified to accept Rolex gen or gen specs springbars,

Edited by Rolexaddict

I just got one from Yuki, 

The bracelet is well made but not better than those from watches sold from rep dealers

springbars that come with are too thin,

the end piece of the bracelet and end links need to be modified to accept Rolex gen or gen specs springbars,

"Rolexaddict" please post some pictures of the bracelet:

1. Endparts with springbars (removed 455B endlinks)

2. Clasp area (opened or closed)

What is the diameter of the middle part of the springbars that come with the bracelet?

Does Yuki´s website pictures of that bracelet coincide with what you got 1:1?

Thank you very much for the shared opinion!

Edited by blue.

"How good are the general after market bracelets that are offered for example from S-T supply and others?"

S-T bracelets may have solid middle links, I do not know for sure. They always had solid mid links in the spare links they sold one at a time up until about a year ago and they started offering hollow mid link replacement links. I bought a few and they looked very good but the last few I ordered for 20mm DJ oyster came with solid mid links again like they used to sell. Bummer.

Their catalog pictures of individual links for sale showed solid mid links for years then they started showing hollow mid links and supplied hollow mid links when ordered. Now they are showing solid mid links again on 20mm DJ/sub links and hollow links for 19mm oysters like on OPD. Don't know what you might get when ordering one.

The solid link bracelets were high quality and very well made. I still have a couple solid mid link submariner type bracelets from 10 or 12 years ago and never used them because of the solid mid links.

• Like 1

I have the 2mm bars in there. The links it comes with won't fit them though. I still have to drill out the lugs on this 16000 case, but the 2mm do fit fine on the eBay 580 links. After a bit of dremeling and a few turns with the green 3M pad, I'm happy with it. post-53458-137635712146.jpgpost-53458-137635715799.jpgpost-53458-137635719704.jpgpost-53458-137635722512.jpg

Great 1016 franken, "CptTripps"!

Thank you very much for uploading the pictures. These show some nice details of the bracelet.

I now am bit confused with the springbar compatibility as "Rolexaddict" says: "...the end piece of the bracelet ... need to be modified to accept Rolex gen or gen specs springbars ..."

You mention that you have fitted 2mm springbars? But did you drill to fit them or not?

Is it possible for you to make one more photo of the bracelet, showing the springbars in the end pieces of the bracelet (without the endlinks)?

Thank you in advance

Edited by blue.

Great 1016 franken, "CptTripps"!

Thank you very much for uploading the pictures. These show some nice details of the bracelet.

I now am bit confused with the springbar compatibility as "Rolexaddict" says: "...the end piece of the bracelet ... need to be modified to accept Rolex gen or gen specs springbars ..."

You mention that you have fitted 2mm springbars? But did you drill to fit them or not?

Is it possible for you to make one more photo of the bracelet, showing the springbars in the end pieces of the bracelet (without the endlinks)?

Thank you in advance

blue,

I think he opened up the bracelet ends. You can do it with a punch or similar tool. You push it in and then you can sort of ream them out a little.

Once that part is large enough that the 2mm bars fit, you can use the WSO endlinks made for 2mm bars or gen endlinks.

I have done this on a few bracelets and used the WSO endlinks. Btw the WSO endlinks are labeled on their auctions as using the 2mm springbars, as they sell both types.