When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

I say vintage Seamaster or vintage Rollie without crown guards. Even though the beat would be off, I'd love a vinty Rollie GMT with a 2893. You could make it cheaper with the 2836 since the GMT hand wouldn't have to be adjustable and you wouldn't have to bastardize the movement.

I'm for any vintage watch without crown guards!

Climb on.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to look at this from a dealer's perspective with regards to popularity in sales.

Am I wrong in assuming that it starts with how many know about the brand, or the make of the

watch we select ?

Size has also to play a part,..

Some of us love 44mm watches, some 40, but what is the most popular and user friendly ?

We also need to consider the thickness of the piece.

What are the percentages of those who enjoy a 44mm piece that will absolutely not wear a 40

to 42mm, and vice versa ?

Does a Dress, or Sports model hold the most potential ?

Am I clear that the SeaHawk, Blancpain 50 Fathoms..the Vintage 300m are three of our major

suggestions. ?

What other sersious contenders am I missing ?

Please chime in again, with the above thoughts

in mind or add some flesh onto the guidelines that I am proposing.... :g:

@ RT

I think you should also add to the above conditions, the possibilities (which may be hard to guess) that the watch we choose is also planned to be produced by the other CHN rep makers.

If that happens , will Jay be able to compete with the CHN rep makers which will fill up the market with the same watch and at a lower cost ???

I guess they can produce cheapper than him, there will be more competition, ..... cost wise it will be an attractive option any more.

This exactly (+/-) is what happened with the IWC Aquatimer Cousteau Diver and combos of it.

Others will start making it soon , so I guess is out of the list.

I also think that OMGAs, RX, BR, TAGs, PAM, etc... should also stay out of the list since are potentially replicated by others too.

I've never been asked if either was real or fake.

Yeah but you need to step outside your house for that to happen....!

I wish I could take a 14 pound mash hammer to a whole load of those f*****g stupid Rollie vintages...( I mean they ain't convincing ANYONE....why?.....'cos nobody cares...except the nerdy anorak that's wearing it and attributing some false persona to it).......who wants a rusty old STEEL watch that looks like it's a Citizen or Fornex that you can buy over the counter at Asda.......they were great watches 45 years ago.

This is an opportunity to have BUILT some thing new.....something different.....the place is awash with Seamasters....and IWC's....same with Pannies....why squander an oportunity to make something different..on something that some other factory is gonna produce next year.......some of the NOOBS are failing to grasp the limitation s of movements that can be sourced......I mean a JLC Quadra....chronograph AND Worldtimer.........for f***'s sake...........get a handle on reality will you man.....!

Same goes for all the Omega chronos.......there are plent of reps now...PO....Speedy.....300 Chrono....we don't NEED another Omega.......besides which they're cheap as chips...and just as common.......so no great cachet in strapping one on your wrist.....believe me...I have plenty of genuines..!

The Seahawk fulfills most of the criteria...!

1. It's a current model.

2. It's in the spirit of the times.....a big watch.

3. It has magnificent 'presence'

4. It comes in different finishes.....steel / gold and or titanium....and multiple dial options.

5. It's in the right price bracket.

6. It oozes quality the moment you pick one up.....it has a solid history.

7. It shouldn't be too difficult to source the movement

8. It's not age-specific.

9. It's an everyday watch.....not an 'evening; or dress watch.

10. It's fargin' beautiful.......did I mention it has TWO helium release valves.

All in all it's the perfect candidate......

Edited by TTK

Yeah but you need to step outside your house for that to happen....!

I wish I could take a 14 pound mash hammer to a whole load of those f*****g stupid Rollie vintages...( I mean they ain't convincing ANYONE....why?.....'cos nobody cares...except the nerdy anorak that's wearing it and attributing some false persona to it).......who wants a rusty old STEEL watch that looks like it's a Citizen or Fornex that you can buy over the counter at Asda.......they were great watches 45 years ago.

This is an opportunity to have BUILT some thing new.....something different.....the place is awash with Seamasters....and IWC's....same with Pannies....why squander an oportunity to make something different..on something that some other factory is gonna produce next year.......some of the NOOBS are failing to grasp the limitation s of movements that can be sourced......I mean a JLC Quadra....chronograph AND Worldtimer.........for f***'s sake...........get a handle on reality will you man.....!

Same goes for all the Omega chronos.......there are plent of reps now...PO....Speedy.....300 Chrono....we don't NEED another Omega.......besides which they're cheap as chips...and just as common.......so no great cachet in strapping one on your wrist.....believe me...I have plenty of genuines..!

The Seahawk fulfills most of the criteria...!

1. It's a current model.

2. It's in the spirit of the times.....a big watch.

3. It has magnificent 'presence'

4. It comes in different finishes.....steel / gold and or titanium....and multiple dial options.

5. It's in the right price bracket.

6. It oozes quality the moment you pick one up.....it has a solid history.

7. It shouldn't be too difficult to source the movement

8. It's not age-specific.

9. It's an everyday watch.....not an 'evening; or dress watch.

10. It's fargin' beautiful.......did I mention it has TWO helium release valves.

All in all it's the perfect candidate......

Ok it is somewhat apparent you really want the Seahawk. I am assuming you buy the replicas you sell here in quantity (i.e. the asian sub) from some "replica factory"; although I could be wrong and there may be more one or more persons between you and the factory in the supply chain (I really have no idea). Given your level of interest in this particular one couldn't you just use what connections you have up the stream to get it made?

I'm sure you will go off on some rant against me for asking; but given that you are a "dealer" here as well it seems like a valid suggestion...

Edited by Craytonic

Forget Louis Vuitton / Tiffany or any FASHION watches.....that's fine if you wanna [censored] about Rodeo drive pretending you're connected.....besides which.....if you got one of those......one of those skanky 'best taste money can buy' ho's.....Lindsay or Paris would wanna have it off your wrist......would YOU wanna wear the same watch as Paris / Lindsay or Tara wears.......give it up and go soak your head in a bucket of icy water......!

Ok it is somewhat apparent you really want the Seahawk. I am assuming you buy the replicas you sell here in quantity (i.e. the asian sub) from some "replica factory"; although I could be wrong and there may be more one or more persons between you and the factory in the supply chain (I really have no idea). Given your level of interest in this particular one couldn't you just use what connections you have up the stream to get it made?

Why should I lay out the cost of buying a Seahawk in order to have a fake one.....I don't need to invest in order to make money......nor am I interested for altruistic reasons.......but if someone puts opportunity in my path...then I take that path......if you see my post above.....I'll probably buy a genuine if it doesn't get made......!