When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally on my wrist...must see pics :-)

repwatch

Modded with an Angelus movement?  Consider myself, and quite a few others here (I am sure), rather an-jealous!

Edited by Uberscreamer

Well this is an interesting one. Per panerai sources this was a choice offered to the buyers and some chose it this way. Many pics and reviews on web confirm this.

Yes this is true.  Some ended up bringing the watch to their favorite AD and swapping out later as well.  The watch was sold/offered to a list of known collectors and preferred customers... it never sat FS on AD shelves.

Yes this is true.  Some ended up bringing the watch to their favorite AD and swapping out later as well.  The watch was sold/offered to a list of known collectors and preferred customers... it never sat FS on AD shelves.

I diden't know that.

so your 203 has a gen crown guard.

Can you tell us a bit more about the watch, what parts are gen etc?

Nice! where did you get this (parts) and if you ever sell this , I'm in :)

creating this was a multi country effort.

GEN PAM parts from (Dial, hands, CG, Bezel) - ITALY

GEN Crystal - USA

Angelus - ARGENTINA, Hong Kong

Base watch - CHINA

Assembled (Made in) - CANADA - this is the MOST important part and my SALUTE to MASTER Zig....Unbelievable work on the movement.

COST - $$$$$$$$$$ (5 figure).....but significantly less than......

So master The Zigmeister did the Chilean Antiques conversion backplate? Very nice job there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GUYS...JUST A FRIENDLY WARNING....THE CHILEAN ANTIQUES MOVEMENTS ON EBAY ARE VERY SHINY AND TEMPTING....BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT UNLESS YOU ARE DAMN LUCKY THE MODIFIED MOVEMENTS ARE A MESS BEHIND THE SHINY CLEAN BACK PLATES.  I HAVE GONE THROUGH MULTIPLE MOVEMENTS (THIS IS WHY I WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO QUOTE THE TOTAL COST FOR THIS PROJECT).  ZIG AND OTHER EXPERTS WILL TELL YOU THE SAME...BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THESE MOVEMENTS...MODDED ONES ARE GENERALLY A TOTAL MESS INSIDE.....BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO GET INTO BUYING THESE MOVEMENTS...BEST IS TO FIND A PRISTINE UN-MODDED AND THEN USE A TRUSTED MODDER TO MOD THEM.

It looks nice, I just registered to this forum to try to understand what moves you guys, I am 42, have loved watches since I am 15, but I love them for the history of the brand, the movement inside, I own 3 Panerai, genuine ones, the 233, and 2 special limited editions, the 28 (1000 pieces made) and the 82 (300 pieces made), I was able to buy them because I sold a house that I inherited, when I wear my watches in public I try for them not to be visible, in fact I wear them for me, not for others to see, I bought once a rep, it was a Rolex sub, good quality, but I never wore it more than 5 times and finally gave it to my nephew, it just didn't do it for me, I knew it was a fake, that the movement inside had nothing to do with the real 3135, and realized I preferred 100 times more to wear my Omega Seamaster, the basic model but automatic.

So I would really like to know, and there's no bad intent in this, what does it for you guys buying reps? I love the 203, but couldn't buy a rep.

Thanks for your answers.ld a house that I inherited, when I wear my watches in public I try for them not to be visible, in fact I wear them for me, not for others to see, I bought once a rep, it was a Rolex sub, good quality, but I never wore it more than 5 times and finally gave it to my nephew, it just didn't do it for me, I knew it was a fake, that the movement inside had nothing to do with the real 3135, and realized I preferred 100 times more to wear my Omega Seamaster, the basic model but automatic.

So I would really like to know, and there's no bad intent in this, what does it for you guys buying reps? I love the 203, but couldn't buy a rep.

Thanks for your answers.

It looks nice, I just registered to this forum to try to understand what moves you guys, I am 42, have loved watches since I am 15, but I love them for the history of the brand, the movement inside, I own 3 Panerai, genuine ones, the 233, and 2 special limited editions, the 28 (1000 pieces made) and the 82 (300 pieces made), I was able to buy them because I sold a house that I inherited, when I wear my watches in public I try for them not to be visible, in fact I wear them for me, not for others to see, I bought once a rep, it was a Rolex sub, good quality, but I never wore it more than 5 times and finally gave it to my nephew, it just didn't do it for me, I knew it was a fake, that the movement inside had nothing to do with the real 3135, and realized I preferred 100 times more to wear my Omega Seamaster, the basic model but automatic.

Thanks for your answers.ld a house that I inherited, when I wear my watches in public I try for them not to be visible, in fact I wear them for me, not for others to see, I bought once a rep, it was a Rolex sub, good quality, but I never wore it more than 5 times and finally gave it to my nephew, it just didn't do it for me, I knew it was a fake, that the movement inside had nothing to do with the real 3135, and realized I preferred 100 times more to wear my Omega Seamaster, the basic model but automatic.

Thanks for your answers.

It's poor form to start this discussion in another individual's thread about their watch. If you're unfamiliar with the internet and forums my recommendation for you is to create your own thread to discuss your completely separate topic. Cheers and welcome. In addition this is a tired and beat up discussion that you can easily find opinions on WUS and other places. Just leave it as "different strokes for different folks."

BTW, absolutely NOTHING about this build is "buying a rep." What you see here in the desire to create something identical to the original in almost every way possible.

Edited by civic4982
  • Like 2