When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another scammer in our midst?

kernow

+1

I am really sorry to see so many of these posts coming about at the minute, it is kind of worrying and although a vast majority of transactions go through without a hitch its things like this that could end up spoiling it for all of us !!

I have only made a few deals on this forum to-date but have sold on plenty of forums for a number of years now but I am a firm believer that you have a duty as a seller to ensure that things move as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

If the buyer makes a prompt payment (which is usually the case) the least they should expect is that the seller will attempt to turnaround the item(s) in a similar timely manner. It doesnt take long to package the items up and drop them at a local post office, we all know that people have lives outside the forum and should a delay occur then the least you can do is communicate with the buyer. They would probably accept a couple of days delay as long as they are informed about it.

On another note - and I probably should have mentioned this to the powers sooner but I was in contact with this seller regarding some pocket watches but decided against it, however, he responded requesting that we leave each other positive feedback "to help each other out". I politely declined of course.

I would hope that anyone who does deal with me in the future would be happy with the level of service and communication that I provide and my feedback will reflect that in the future.

I hope that whoever curently has issues with this seller gets them resloved asap

R

Smith you gave good feed back did you do another transaction? If not no feedback till you get the watch is how it works.

Yeah major error I made giving pos feedback. Not based on previous txn, and yes understand should only be given after a txn is complete.

Me and the erm "suspect" had a detailed pm chat about buying/selling goods, buyers habits etc etc (I sell a lot of 2nd hand vinyl records so was able to find common ground on how some folk can be time real wasters!). After that he said we should leave positive feedback for each other to which I naively agreed.

It was after that that I eventually bought the watch.

He does have 3 previous pos feed backs though but I guess they were part of his confidence building.

I was surprised he noted all the items were sold in each sales thread. I would assume a scammer would leave that open so to try to dupe a few more into parting with cash.

Plus 96 previous posts. He some effort in to gain a few hundred quid.

Kinda feel sorry for people stooping to this level - very desperate.

Anyway, onwards and upwards plenty of other good watches to look at. I just need some overtime at work now!

Give you a tale on how it should work;

Sold watch to member not very active here RWI guy, he gets off 10-12 minutes on hour change (crazy hour FM jump movement, good time keeping just jumped off, I never noticed just set winded and checked back, ok telling time well) no problem send me back watch. He sent I paid him full price back via gift within that day of receipt. So I am out 10 bucks shipping and PP he is our 6 bucks to ship back, it happens.

Yeah major error I made giving pos feedback. Not based on previous txn, and yes understand should only be given after a txn is complete.

Me and the erm "suspect" had a detailed pm chat about buying/selling goods, buyers habits etc etc (I sell a lot of 2nd hand vinyl records so was able to find common ground on how some folk can be time real wasters!). After that he said we should leave positive feedback for each other to which I naively agreed.

It was after that that I eventually bought the watch.

He does have 3 previous pos feed backs though but I guess they were part of his confidence building.

I was surprised he noted all the items were sold in each sales thread. I would assume a scammer would leave that open so to try to dupe a few more into parting with cash.

Plus 96 previous posts. He some effort in to gain a few hundred quid.

Kinda feel sorry for people stooping to this level - very desperate.

Anyway, onwards and upwards plenty of other good watches to look at. I just need some overtime at work now!

There is nothing to stop you leaving more feedback... and state it as an update to your first FB :)

Anyone have an address for this member?

No, but he's using the same email address for his Ebay account. So, maybe it's possible to get it through eBay or PayPal, I doubt it to be honest but just maybe.

Just as an aside I never expect customers to pay by gift and I always pay the PP fees myself, it is after all only 4%

Why should anyone ask you to give up your protection for such a small figure?

Ken

Just as an aside I never expect customers to pay by gift and I always pay the PP fees myself, it is after all only 4%

Why should anyone ask you to give up your protection for such a small figure?

Ken

Ken,

I believe that when guys are selling watches that are pretty inexpensive, or they are selling at a pretty significant loss from what they paid, they might ask for the gift option, but no legit seller would care if you used the regular PayPal option and payed the 4% fee. He still get's the same amount. If someone insisted on the gift option, I would be suspicious from the get go.