When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

Love the costeau divers line... If I had loot to buy a gen I would have a real difficult task choosing between the 2006 & 2007 version..

I reckon now that they have repped the 2006 .. the 2007 should be hard to rep .. its just a change of colours and a new backing!

Hmmm...

I like bolder watches...but I'm not sure about the white sub-dials. I like the orange...I wish the the Cousteau was available a *little* more orange...but I like the story of the Cousteau, and without that, the minor aesthetic difference is negligible.

If the lume on the rep was going to be really good, then the '06 version holds more appeal to me. Without the lume being really good, the orange sort of compensates.

One tangent issue. In the future, when these guys are taking suggestions for a new rep that so obviously needs superluminova, but the cost of which is going to be prohibitive...we should make the suggestion that we use an lower cost alternative to superluminova that is 80% of the result for 30% of the cost- something that the guy in the factory can actually be rationally persuaded will sell him more watches, as an investment on his end.

/endrant

We saw the final version - what do you think the time delay is for?

Usil

Aren't they shut down for some days due to a holiday in China?

Perhaps they didn't want to disappoint by taking orders and then people having to wait for it?

Or perhaps it is something else... :whistling:

USD $788

My sister a week ago tell me to find a watch for her under USD $3,500 [genuine] and i show here this replica and she likes it ! but how ill convince here to buy a Replica for almost 800 USD !

She was looking for a nice cartier or rolex maybe a panerai ( she likes big mens watches )

Its hard to pay too much for a Replica !

Hmmmm well :p looks like i wont be able to steal ;) it sometimes

Incredible watch but too much money $788 for a Swiss ETA

We'll see a price-fall soon ?

Whats happening with replica prices nowadays they are getting better but price are getting out of control !

$370 just for a different movements ?

An ETA 7750 cost that much ?

How i can convince my sister to pay that for a replica ... she will say who's giving me warranty. it will last me "lifetime" like a true rolex will do ... lalalala

:S D*mn it guys

Edited by warbody

Hi,

well you can go for the Asian 7750 and have it serviced by The Zigmeister, that will make the (reliable) watch for less than 550... But still far too expensive. As written before, prices are getting crazy... Or better said, manufacturers/dealers are.

What's all the fuss about? It is a nice watch, but hardly a must have watch. At least not for me anyway, the wooden back looks, well, fake and cheap..... :p

The prices are getting silly for sure, but if people are still buying the watches at these higher prices, then dealers will continue to push them upwards as far as they think they can get away with.......

I think I will pass on this one, thank you very much.....

I think I will pass on this one too. Too expensive and i first want to know how the lume (essential for this watch) is. If there was QC and guarantee then i should pulled the trigger in a heartbeat. Because of all the hourmarkers on this watch I bet we will have a watch with a lot of misalligned markers, and I hate that :wounded1:

If there was QC and a guarantee you would be paying $6,000 - not $400. ;) It looks like they did step up for glass on the back rather than plastic based on the description. I am really curious to see how well that lower chrono reset. and inner bezel mechanism works. It is very cool on the gen. :)

If there was QC and a guarantee you would be paying $6,000 - not $500 or $800 for that matter. ;) It looks like they did step up for glass on the back rather than plastic based on the description. I am really curious to see how well that lower chrono reset. and inner bezel mechanism works. It is very cool on the gen. :)

Having handled the genuine model last week I will most likely stump up for the swiss movment example!

$788 seems high for a rep but not in the context of a quality looking timepeice with a swiss chronograph movement inside. Very beautiful looking, IWC are growing on me very much since I bought my 3706 two weeks ago.