When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help, I hope it was a SCAM!

recoop

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/163233-fs-franken-pam-004l/

I paid full price for the watch.

Gave Flex a deposit of $500 USD via paypal and paid the remaining $1000USD via bank remittance. Watch was sent to me while the remittance was in process.

Its been a month, seller insisted that he has not received the remittance.

I called up my bank everyday to ask what had happened.

In the end, I told Seller I have decided to cancel the remittance, wait for the monies then pay via paypal instead.

Seller flew to my country and demanded the watch back. 3 days ago, he came and gotten the watch back.

Feeling sorry I gave him 2 extra straps out of goodwill gesture. He said he will inspect the watch and then to refund the $500 deposit that I paid initially.

Everyday since the cancellation, I have been hounding the bank why the lengthy process of returning the $1000USD back to me.

I was told that I needed to wait for the beneficiary bank to reply. There was nothing I can I do at this point. Bank also advised to take cue from them if its time to make a police report.

3 days passed since I handed over the watch to seller. Send him numerous emails asking for the refund of $500 first. He hadnt reply since.

My last email to him was if he doesnt reply by the hour today, I would post online before pursuing further actions.

If he had withdrawn the 1000USD and claimed that he never received the monies, flew to my country and asked for the watch back and still had not refund me the deposit.

Could I have been scammed?!!

Flex has the watch listed for sale, as you already pointed out.

Your $500 deposit should be refunded to you without question.

Also, regarding the $1000, I understand you already cancelled the transfer. 

There is no reason to wait more than 7 working days for the money to be in your account again.

The bank would be able to tell you if the money has been received by the beneficiary. Its a fairly straightforward process.

You should check if the money has been transferred and received despite your cancellation.

This is not an official opinion but I'm sorry to say that your end of the sale was very sloppy too.

Yes if he has the watch back and it is re-listed then that is an admission that the watch is in good order, so your refund should be paid before he re-sells.

Ken

i have his name, acct details and home address...i will track him down in HK if I have to.

A member that's been here for 5+ years sells a watch for $1500 to a new member that's been here for 3 months.

Buyer pays $500 via PP.

Seller decides to send the watch on trust as buyer says the remaining $1000 is on the way via bank transfer.

Watch arrives at buyer.

Seller doesn't get the $1000, buyer saying the it's been paid but doesn't know where it is, says the bank transfer has now been cancelled and it'll be paid via PayPal.

Is that about right upto that point?

Put yourself in the sellers shoes and say what the above seems like *to the seller*?

If I was the seller I'd be kicking myself for sending it on trust. It seems like a scam, like the buyer has convinced a foolish seller to send a $1500 watch after receiving only $500. I can't blame the seller for flying over and getting the watch back and being angry.

You certainly should get the $500 back now as it's back up for sale again, and I'm assuming you're tracking the bank manager down to get the $1000 back?

Buy the seller, not the watch.

Buy the buyer, not the money.

A member that's been here for 5+ years sells a watch for $1500 to a new member that's been here for 3 months.

Buyer pays $500 via PP.

Seller decides to send the watch on trust as buyer says the remaining $1000 is on the way via bank transfer.

Watch arrives at buyer.

Seller doesn't get the $1000, buyer saying the it's been paid but doesn't know where it is, says the bank transfer has now been cancelled and it'll be paid via PayPal.

Is that about right upto that point?

Put yourself in the sellers shoes and say what the above seems like *to the seller*?

If I was the seller I'd be kicking myself for sending it on trust. It seems like a scam, like the buyer has convinced a foolish seller to send a $1500 watch after receiving only $500. I can't blame the seller for flying over and getting the watch back and being angry.

You certainly should get the $500 back now as it's back up for sale again, and I'm assuming you're tracking the bank manager down to get the $1000 back?

Buy the seller, not the watch.

Buy the buyer, not the money.

I have all the administration proof, bank transfer receipt, bank authorisation cancellation form.

its not just on emails.

i may not be very active here, but I am on another forum..and one should be judged according to that?

then get FLEX out and clear his own name...as far as I am concerned, he has everything now...the watch, the 500, maybe the 1000.

I certainly am waiting for the 1000 to be returned to me

Edited by recoop

Recoup, I'm not saying you haven't sent it, I'm not saying you have, I've got no way of knowing.

All I have to go on is words written in a forum by a stranger who shares a fellow addiction to watches. Ditto for the seller, although as they've been a member for 5 years we can read the posts from the past that they've made.

That's all anyone has to go on (unless they've been to a GTG) and its not much to go on is it? I'm not trying to take sides or anything, just saying that I can see why the seller maybe panicked. And I can see why you're worried now!

Hopefully the seller will get in touch with you and it'll be resolved.

Recoup, I'm not saying you haven't sent it, I'm not saying you have, I've got no way of knowing.

All I have to go on is words written in a forum by a stranger who shares a fellow addiction to watches. Ditto for the seller, although as they've been a member for 5 years we can read the posts from the past that they've made.

That's all anyone has to go on (unless they've been to a GTG) and its not much to go on is it? I'm not trying to take sides or anything, just saying that I can see why the seller maybe panicked. And I can see why you're worried now!

Hopefully the seller will get in touch with you and it'll be resolved.

I think this thread needs to be defused   :lol:

post-39895-0-00884800-1384489323_thumb.j

LOL! The young 'uns have no idea what Fraggle Rock is :)

I assume that the Fraggle in your nick refers to that adorable community of muppets in Jim Henson's creation.. that always amused me secretly. 

I loved that series, and watched almost every episode... many of them the whole way through. :lol:

And I'm sorry to hijack the thread. Its just that Fraggle Rock rocks.  :1a:

I assume that the Fraggle in your nick refers to that adorable community of muppets in Jim Henson's creation.. that always amused me secretly. 

I loved that series, and watched almost every episode... many of them the whole way through. :lol:

And I'm sorry to hijack the thread. Its just that Fraggle Rock rocks.  :1a:

Yes it does refer to the good ol' Fraggle Rock :)

When I got into CB radio decades ago I was stuck for a handle to use and asked my mates. One of them said Fraggle Rock, as small, cute and furry is the polar opposite of what I look like, and it's stuck ever since :D

Yes it does refer to the good ol' Fraggle Rock :)

When I got into CB radio decades ago I was stuck for a handle to use and asked my mates. One of them said Fraggle Rock, as small, cute and furry is the polar opposite of what I look like, and it's stuck ever since :D

I have no idea that you were big, monstrous, with skin so smooth it glistens in the moonlight :lol:

But seriously, good and adorable handle, and yes, this is another thread has officially gone to the pit of irrelevance..  :partytime: