When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

about 3 months here and already being scammed.

umairarif

hi guys

i am not asking help or what to do but just share my story. As you will see from previous my posts that i had a omega PO for sale. A member here contacted me and asked for a trade with his modified omega with some gen parts in it. we agreed on deal. he told me to check his feed back on repgeek or something like that and wanted to check my ebay repo as i am new here. we both satisfied. he is in israrel and i am in uk, on 15 this month he pmed me that he has posted watch and sent me tracking num and image of postal receipt but i dont understand a word in that coz its in israel language but i said i trust this forum so i posted my watch and sent him tracking info. today i received my packet and there were 4 AAA size batteries in it. of course no watch. I know what has happened and theres no way any one can help me. i did not even asked him yet what he has done. it is my hard earned cash and i m sure that will be the case with all of you good guys here so only want to say there should be some rules made here to stop this kind of scams to happen.

regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUY THE MEMBER AND THEN THE WATCH, ITS BEEN SAID SO MANY TIMES.

HOW DID YOU PAY HIM IF YOU PAID MORE? IF PP THEN NOTIFY THEM YOU DID NOT GET THE GOODS.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, MODS, WE SHOULD LIST A SET OF DO'S AND DONT'S FOR THE SAFE TRANSACTIONS HERE AS THIS IS NOT THE FIRST, NOR I FEAR THE LAST TIME THIS WILL HAPPEN.

A VERY SAFE BET IS TO DO SOME DD (DUE DILIGENCE) ON MEMBERS AND ASK!

REGARDS

AJ (FELLOW BRIT)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this mate..... I think we have all been scammed at some stage and at some level whether it was before joining here or since so most guys will know your pain and anger...

In hindsight it is always easy to say something but at the time not so easy... I guess even if you translated the receiptyou would still only have seen package and weight etc so know way to know...

Maybe knowing what you know now it might be useful to go back through wjhat you did and how you researched the guy and see if you can found out more in terms of what SS has said above..it wint help but it might teach...

Its something i would do so please dont think i am lecturing..

Sorry again mate...

all replica forums should be interrelated and as its a big industry there should be ip address tracking kind of thing to stop these kind of scammers to log in with different names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IP address banning isn't really a solution. Many ISP's have dynamic IP's, so a user will get a new one after some time. If you ban the MAC address you can block the users device, unless he changes his network card or switches to another device.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear our friend from Isreal again, no way for you to know but Isreal would have been a red flag for me. Guys trades are only with people you know, being new I would use PP and buy.

PS you also could have PMed me first for a background check , a lot of guys do.

umairarif - You might want to check with a local postal inspector to see if you can register a complaint about a stolen replica watch since the mail was used in the commission of a crime. As to the other party, if you can provide a direct link to a thread containing your communication with the member, we will look into closing his account. Beyond that, RWG staff do not get involved in private transactions between members.

umairarif - You might want to check with a local postal inspector to see if you can register a complaint about a stolen replica watch since the mail was used in the commission of a crime. As to the other party, if you can provide a direct link to a thread containing your communication with the member, we will look into closing his account. Beyond that, RWG staff do not get involved in private transactions between members.

I dont understand what you mean mate, can you explain a bit more?

i am from israel.

if do you need help about it i can help you bro. 

let me know his email and i talk with him just tell me what do you want me to say to him.

i have been in contact with him on rwg forum and not via email. and theres really nothing to say mate, thanks for your support though

Ok guys thanks for your thoughts and support and thanks for not laughing at me that I am a dumb *** who got mugged.

I have order an AP and think the minute and second hand is not as it is shown on other websites.

I have put up a thread with QC images from td but no one has replied to that yet :(

Please have a look if you can. Lesson learned on this one.

cheers