When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new Super reps in 2014 ?

sgtguk

So as some of you know I've been out of the forum for the last couple months, I've been moving back to Blighty and had bugger all time to keep up with the new releases, what's due out soon etc etc.

So what is coming out this year, and what are you most looking forward to guys   :g:

I heard some rumours last year about the Pelagos coming out at some stage, the Black Bay has just come out hasn't it? Has anyone got one yet?

• Like 1

Hi buddy, no idea what's coming out, but welcome back, I'm always keen to hear from a fellow brit.

Bvc.

Considering your reputation around these parts, My post may have sounded a little Presumptuous on reflection, I meant welcome back to blighty old bean and that I look forward to reading your posts.

It's good to be back mate   :inverted:  life's still up in the air a little atm but reckon 2014 is gonna be a cracking year ! Hope your well  :)

Just read your super rep thread, going for a steel fish this week. Look forward to your threads.

Cheers,

Brad

• Like 1

Im hoping for a better Royal Oak, whether a 15400 or 15300. I would love a 15202 Jumbo but the thin movement would be difficult to replicate.

Other than that, maybe the Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon? Given that it only has subdials at 3 and 9 and date at 6, I feel that it is easier to replicate than the traditional Speedmaster subdial layout. 

Top-10-Baselworld-Omega-Dark-Side-Moon.j

I would like the Black Bay to be back in stock as well. Either way, Im hoping for a great 2014 wish the same for everyone!

• Like 1

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms super rep due out by Chinese New Year according to Angus.

That would be great if it's the non chrono version. I love the looks of the BP Fifty Fathoms, but I want the conventional dive watch, not the chrono version, which to my knowledge has never happened?

The Black Bay pre-order (been done twice now) is full.

No one has got their watch yet AFAIK. Supposedly the first batch of preorders (300) will be sent out before the CNY, I'll be posting photos when mine lands.

• Like 1

I'm holding my breath, but not hope.  The basic 45mm 5015-1130-52 is too simple.  It'll be the chrono or the hideous Bathyscaphe version with the transparent caseback or something.

Non chrono version it is according to this thread.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=134010&page=71

The Tudor Black Bay is due out this year hopefully within this month according to Angus from an update last month. I'm not holding my breath though about getting it soon. As of last month there was still a problem with the crystal. We still haven't seen the watch that would ship only a prototype put together. But so far everything on it is leaning towards being a great super rep.

Also the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms is currently being repped after some pushes for the FF. The rep will be the non chrono FF  I believe SS and poss. RG. From what I have seen so far the rep looks like it will be great but not yet sure on being a super rep. Since there was still some things slightly off on the dial the last time Angus posted pics. I do hope it will be a super rep right off the bat like the BB should or will be. I have a good feeling about watches this year that we will have a lot more super reps esp if Angus is working on them. Seems like Angus is getting more anal about the quality because we are chiming in his ear. And I think the Noob, BP and the new ZF are stepping up there games but unfortunately the prices also.

As for the Bathyscaphe there is no word if any of the factories are considering it or if it was even mentioned to them. I did bring it up in Angus's thread for the FF. There was some people showing some love for the watch. So I sent Angus a PM about if he had mentioned it to any of the factories. And if he did not if I would be aloud the start a thread on repgeek under Angus. To see if we get enough support to pursue a rep of the Bathscaphe. Me personally coming from a big Rolex fan, I'm in love with the FF and the Bath. I think Blancpain has nailed showstoppers in the diver watch world.

• Like 1

I know its a long shot but I hope they fix the flaws of the ap roo. Rework that dial, crown, pushers, and hands. I love that watch so much but don't wanna spend 500 on something that looks so flawed to me. As long as people are buying them they probably will keep producing that dial.

• 5 months later...