When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lost/Stolen package with a nearly complete 16520 Daytona in parts, in the Netherlands :(

concepta

Hey guys!
Around the 20th of Dec i sent a package containing a nearly complete Rolex 16520 Daytona project (in parts) to Rolexman (in the Netherland)
The package never arrived and according to the tracking info it has been delivered and signed for! I´m waiting for the receipt from a on-going investigation with the carrier (Swedish Post)

IF anyone will be offered genuine 16520 parts from the Netherlands please let me know!

The spare gen case is a T-serial with the serial nr: T122688
Also a white tritium dial and complete tritium hands set.

Thanks for looking out!

+1....... at christmas time i lost 2 packages , it shoud had been my first tourby - breguet and i sold some AD accessories and was also lost :/ i know how you feel

Edited by Mr.F

I have the 3S code. I already spend some hours on the phone with PostNL and they are also doing an investigation on this side (Holland). Should hear something within the next 4 days. Problem is the tracking says delivered but I did not receive anything. Nor did my neighbours for that matter.

Will PM it. Maybe you can pull some strings...

I have the 3S code. I already spend some hours on the phone with PostNL and they are also doing an investigation on this side (Holland). Should hear something within the next 4 days. Problem is the tracking says delivered but I did not receive anything. Nor did my neighbours for that matter.

Will PM it. Maybe you can pull some strings...

Last time it happened to me, I received the address where it was delivered + a copy of the signature within 2 hours...

Hope this gets resolved.

One has to wonder if when the delivery company realises something has gone missing, if they try to avoid their responsibilities and insurance payout by "inventing" the delivery in an attempt to move the problem out of their area of responsibility.

Sucks :(

• Like 1

I agree it's a good idea to lay off shipping watches/jewelry around the holidays because I lost a couple watches during the holidays in the US a few years back...it was USPS and I will always suspect the local carrier. The package left the post office but did not get to its destination a couple miles down the road. The substitute carrier developed 'one day amnesia' when the local Postmaster asked them about it a few days later.

Our other two 'favorite' carriers...Fed/Ups hires a lot of temporary workers during the holidays and I heard many of them are magnetic...watches tend to stick to them. 

Fed/Ups...ordered a couple genuine rolex watches from a Texas watch dealer August 1994 and they did not show up in the two day delivery time. I gave it another day and finally found them the third day in a patch of English Ivy about 8 feet from the front door behind some shrubs. I asked the carrier guy about it a few days later and he said he pitched the package in the ivy so no one would steal it. It was here in two days though.

I told him no one signed for it.

He grinned and said "Yeah they did."

No harm, no foul.

FYI...The one day mia package was a brand new 16610 with B/P for $2165 delivered and a 'same as new/one day trade in' X267xxx 14000 AK for $990.

Had to pay list price for some models though...$3865 for a nib 16520 Daytona in December 1992 including shipping the box from the TN dealer to a Texas dealer then back to me...sales tax dodge, I took the watch home. Lucky the box made it during the holidays.

They were a LOT cheaper back then.  :pimp:

So the parcel was signed for. So there most be a signed slip, right? Just looked at the swedish post web page and other forums when it comes to shipping. Concept : did you ship REK and with extra insurance say 2500euros insurance? Did you insure the parcel with a second part (parcel force) if you shipped with a second part insurance then they will pay you back everything. If you onely used the swedish REK plus extra insurance then its going to be hard, as i read that swedish post dosent pay back jewelry (watches go under that in sweden) money, lottery ticket and a few more things!

Back to the signd parcel, have the swedish post got back a copy of the signd delivery slip?

So the parcel was signed for. So there most be a signed slip, right? Just looked at the swedish post web page and other forums when it comes to shipping. Concept : did you ship REK and with extra insurance say 2500euros insurance? Did you insure the parcel with a second part (parcel force) if you shipped with a second part insurance then they will pay you back everything. If you onely used the swedish REK plus extra insurance then its going to be hard, as i read that swedish post dosent pay back jewelry (watches go under that in sweden) money, lottery ticket and a few more things!

Back to the signd parcel, have the swedish post got back a copy of the signd delivery slip?

Its not possible to use anything other then REK (and maximum is 10000SEK for insurance)

I have heard nothing from Swedish Post..they are not very helpful (to say the least)