When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Love it or hate it?

Mike on a bike

$_3.JPG

SSC011P1-3.jpg

post-44391-0-82586500-1392776006_thumb.j

MOVEMENT: 
Made In Japan Solar Powered V172 Movement 

CASING: 
Solid Surgical Stainless Steel casing in Matt/Glossy finish. Stylish Bi-rotational slide rule bezel for navigational purposes. 

BAND: Two Tone gold & silver stainless steel

DIAL: 
White Dial with Luminous Hands. LumiBrite features.

OTHER EXCELLENT FEATURES: 
Date display @ 3 o'Clock Position 

Chronograph Function 
Alarm Function 
Scratch Resistant Hardlex Crystal Glass 

Large Stop Watch Hand 
Water Resistant 330Ft (100m) 

DIMENSIONS: 

Case Diameter: 42mm (Excluding Crown) 
Case Thickness: 12mm 
Strap Width (Lug): 18mm

Hey Storm,  looks like we have the same taste in chronographs!   Been eyeing one of those solar divers for a while now, but fail to choose one when it comes to a choice between that or a new rep.  Oh well, maybe sometime fate will turn in Seiko's favor where I am.

Mike, between the 3 you posted, I definitely like the fixed bezel white / silver dialed one the best,  but I think that the Sinn / Bell & Ross aviator chrono above is probably the coolest  non-diver  Seiko chrono you're likely to find!

Quite like the Solar Chrono for it´s red tipped second hand and the alarm function-fun/use. Just got my second classic Seiko too:) the SNZH57 ready to go for Yobokies FFF mod:)

Thx Mike, You put me on to this....

IMG_1863-1.jpg

Mike, I've had quite a few Seikos, I just sold a Gold Nitride "Tuna Can" that was completely gone through. It's a Diver, but different!! Also had several "Monsters" . I think that they are really good solid watches and a great value for the money.

AFA the first one, it sort of reminds me of a Navitimer, busy, busy, busy. I have enough trouble figuring out straight up chronos with a Tachy ring.  These old eyes just aren't what they used to be. ;)

• 4 months later...

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on a seiko at the moment. One of the solar chrono divers. I can only find one for sale in the world after a quick search admittedly.

It references lots of watches that I like. Pepsi bezel from gmt, seamaster chrono etc

Anyone have views on these? This is the seiko ssc019p1 and I love the way it looks

post-62919-0-82185500-1405057776_thumb.j