When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 Red Sub QC Pics

Jaethomp

Looks like this is from Angus/ Puretime, right? I have the PT red 1680 with the meters first, closed 6 dial variation. I love it.

Here's a tip. Immediately find a better crown. The one that comes with it is junk. I bought a vintage gen crown for mine, but now there is an even better option. Athaya over on Homage Forum has a 702 crown for $35 which is identical to the gen 702. Buy it. This watch will accept a gen crown without having to replace the tube, so you are totally set. The gen reds would have come come with a 702 originally, so I think you should put that on there for sure. It will change the look of the watch.

Other than that, you really don't have to do much else with it. It's a great watch. Enjoy it!

Edited by Mendota Explorer

Looks like this is from Angus/ Puretime, right? I have the PT red 1680 with the meters first, closed 6 dial variation. I love it.

Here's a tip. Immediately find a better crown. The one that comes with it is junk. I bought a vintage gen crown for mine, but now there is an even better option. Athaya over on Homage Forum has a 702 crown for $35 which is identical to the gen 702. Buy it. This watch will accept a gen crown without having to replace the tube, so you are totally set. The gen reds would have come come with a 702 originally, so I think you should put that on there for sure. It will change the look of the watch.

Other than that, you really don't have to do much else with it. It's a great watch. Enjoy it!

Yes, I got it from Puretime. Thanks for the advice. I have already began looking around for a gen crown $$$$ ! i need to find a deal. I'm not a member on Homage, but if all else fails Ill check it out.

Thanks !

Sign up over there.  It's free, of course, and Adrian is super easy to work with.  For $35 (free shipping) you literally will have a good as gen 702.  You can't beat that.  It will screw right onto the Puretime tube, so no swapping of tubes is needed.  Athay's watch parts are made to be interchangeable with gen parts, so they are that good.  In the side by side pics with the gen 702 there isn't any visual difference to speak of.  Same with his 8mm brevet crowns for big crown builds.  Side by side with the gen brevet, there is virtually no difference.

I paid $45 for my vintage gen crown, shipped from Switzerland, and even though I have a gen crown on mine already, I am still tempted to put on Athaya's 702 since that is the correct crown for this watch.

Sign up over there. It's free, of course, and Adrian is super easy to work with. For $35 (free shipping) you literally will have a good as gen 702. You can't beat that. It will screw right onto the Puretime tube, so no swapping of tubes is needed. Athay's watch parts are made to be interchangeable with gen parts, so they are that good. In the side by side pics with the gen 702 there isn't any visual difference to speak of. Same with his 8mm brevet crowns for big crown builds. Side by side with the gen brevet, there is virtually no difference.

I paid $45 for my vintage gen crown, shipped from Switzerland, and even though I have a gen crown on mine already, I am still tempted to put on Athaya's 702 since that is the correct crown for this watch.

I got his email from a thread on repgeek and sent him an email. Saw some pics of his crowns over there...spot on!! So my crown issue may be solved once I hear back from him. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaethomp

The pearl's a little right from the triangle, either the bezel is not aligned or the insert is misaligned, date is to the left of window. The rest is amazing, specially the Rolex crown on the clasp it is very vivid as gen. Some people wouldn't care much from this imperfections, some will. My Omega PO has a midaligned bezel and I don't give a f*ck, I love it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

That might be just the angle of the photo. Mine and everyone else's have been perfectly oriented. No need for a Yuki or Athaya pearl for the PT 1680. It already has a nice vintage pearl.

Guys, you need to read Adrian's notice. Like I already wrote, he's out of town for the next month or so without email and he's not checking any PMs. If you are just asking questions you will not receive a reply. His wife is processing orders for him for crowns and other ready made parts until he gets home. If you are ready to order, you'll get a response. If not, then you have to wait until he gets home. Read his notice at Homage.

Great advice. Athaya's crowns are amazing. I just put one on my snowflake build. Coincidently I will be receiving a PT 1680 that I purchased from m2m. Glad I ordered an extra crown from Adrian :)

The lug hole on the top right side appears to be a bit higher in the lug, closer to the top edge (third picture from top). This is not a problem unless you need to drill the holes out for genspec springbars. I do not know what size springbar holes these watches come with, they may be Ok as is.

Good catch. He's all good, though. The PT case is already drilled out for gen bars. Whew!

Here's the tough part, though. Even though the lug holes are opened for gen bars, the bracelet endlinks won't line up properly with 2mm bars inside. I can't get mine to line up properly and it's a common problem with the PT.

Two solutions have come to mind. One is to find shoulderless 1.8mm bars. These will have the same bar OD as the rep bars, but now will have the ends protruding into the holes so you get that same look. On a bracelet it won't matter because all you see are the tips of the ends in the holes.

The other option is to get WSO endlinks. Someone said these will allow a tad more wiggle room and the gen 2mm bars will align properly and go into the lug holes.

Any other ideas, besides going NATO or leather and using gen bars?

Well, it came in yesterday, looks good but the bezel is way too loose. You can spin it with a flick. Upon removing the bezel, there is no friction washer and no groove for the retaining ring. Anyone else have this pt model with the same problem? Do the reps have a friction washer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk