When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch seized

pavelb

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and sad that my first topic is about troubles with customs.

I made an order from Puretime for $1500. I ordered Sub, 2 pams and pam accesories. Shipping was via uk to eu. Today i received the box but inside was only sub and a letter from uk customs. They told me that panerai stuff was seized. What i can expect from PT? Reship? Full refund? I wrote to pt but i'm geting nervous cuz i have another order on the way...

And it is also weird that pt doesnt contact me when the parcel reached uk they had to know what happened...

Thanks for your help

Edited by pavelb
  • Like 1

Great first post! But back to your problem. This can happen and hopefully you opened the package and took a movie so Angus will believe the story. I don't deny it but that's not me or anybody on the forum who decides what happens but rather Angus. I am pretty sure he will reship the watches but first he must be convinced. Good luck!

I sent to pt the letter from uk customs... As i wrote i hope that the other parcel will ok. You know, i was waiting for this seized one for a long time and now...

I really hope that pt is really a TD and they will reship it.

Btw the noob sub v3 is a great watch. I have gen sub-c no date and the rep is much more better than i expected

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and sad that my first topic is about troubles with customs.

I made an order from Puretime for $1500. I ordered Sub, 2 pams and pam accesories. Shipping was via uk to eu. Today i received the box but inside was only sub and a letter from uk customs. They told me that panerai stuff was seized. What i can expect from PT? Reship? Full refund? I wrote to pt but i'm geting nervous cuz i have another order on the way...

And it is also weird that pt doesnt contact me when the parcel reached uk they had to know what happened...

Thanks for your help

The trusted dealers all have a policy with how to deal with things that get caught in customs. If you had bothered to read his website, you would have seen this:

Q: What happens if my package gets stuck in customs?

A: If your package gets stopped in customs and confiscated please contact us, we will either refund or reship (your choice).

So the proper course of action is to contact him (which you have done), and have the patience to let him handle it. No need to post to the board or stir anything up here until you get a response (and then only if he's refusing to do anything). No dealer is going to track your package, and it's doubtful the tracking information would have been updated with a partial seizure notice even if they were. He's not going to proactively contact you, nor would any other dealer. If you're expecting a dealer (even a trusted one) to hold your hand during shipping, you have an unreasonable expectation. PT is a great dealer and I'm sure he'll sort it out for you, but you have to be patient.

You (and any other noob ordering watches) need to understand this is a part of the rep world. Some countries are better than others as far as customs go, and even (as is the case here in the US) different ports of entry into a country are better or worse. If you can't handle the worry and uncertainty of shipments, then my advice is to stop buying reps.

Also, while others may disagree, I never buy more than one rep at a time that's being shipped from overseas. Large orders are more likely to get flagged going through customs if the station is using x-ray or other scanners to process shipments.

Edited by tomhorn
  • Like 1

yeah the most I've ever bought from a dealer was two reps.. ONLY because he was stateside at they time (sead) now I just stick with 1 rep order or I buy M2M :)

Good luck getting your other watch or a refund though.. I hear uk is pretty harsh on the reps. someone else just posted on RG about him getting a customs duty of $200 on a submariner.. ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As AJ said, sometimes the temptation of a few dollars saved in shipping is overpowering. Problem is bigger package, more weight, better scan it, might be a bomb!! Seriously though, you need to try flying under the radar. Buying several probably increases your risk of seizure exponentially. I really don't believe that most customs agencies are looking for watches. I believe that they are more interested in intercepting drugs, illegal plant and animal products, and of course any types of devices that could go BANG!! Everything going into and airplane is scanned, at least in the USA, and I feel sure the EU and first world Asian countries as well. So we are talking about hundreds of thousands of packages every day. Most packages get a cursory exam, and slip by, only if the package is suspicious will it be pulled off the line for a more thorough inspection. My feelings are the less conspicuous a package is, the better the chances it will get through OK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Skyland for around 2 months at Brazilian customs. I ordered from Toro, great service. We are still waiting what's going to happen. I'm pretty sure will be seized, right now is waiting authenticity check, so no chance to be released. I've ordered a Cousteau by DHL, let's see what happens now. Toro is very helpful so far.

Many thanks to all of you for the replies

I'm still without any answer from PT but patience is a part of this game as i learned. 

I just hope that my other orders will go smooth through the UK customs. I have on my way one Pam and in other parcel two rollies and one AP...

Please can you anyone write me how often are watches confiscated by customs? As i wrote i'm very satisfied with received sub but this customs issue is very annoying.

Edited by pavelb

little update..

I'm still without watches and without money. I sent to PT several emails on 3 of their email addresses and only one who replied was Francis and he is always replying after 72 hours... Whatever, this is not customer friendly support. I know patience, patience, patience. But they were able to send me only 2 email during more than 10 days.Think what you want but this is not a proof of good customer service.

I will wait another 2-3 business days for their reply and then i will have to ask my bank for chargeback.

A good news is that my other two orders came through the UK customs without problems... 

Yeah, you tell your bank that them UK Customs fella's confiscated your fake watches and you want your money back, show them that letter, they will get your money back!

How dare that Angus grieve for a family member when you are waiting for your refund!

It's criminal I tell you. I'm surprised that a moderator hasn't stepped in here ;)

• Like 1

If you used triangular shipping then whoever received them in the UK should have opened the package to check their condition and report them as seized if they had been.

Angus will make sure you are sorted out, but you have to give him time to do so.

If you complain to your bank they will want you to post them the original receipt to prove the value that you paid, how are you going to do that when you've bought illegal items that break copyright laws?

Your bank may well report you to the gen manufacturers and close your bank account for fraudulent use. If they do that, good luck trying to open another bank account with any bank in the UK.

Part of this hobby is to learn to deal with these issues. I know it's disappointing, but you must not do anything stupid such as PayPal/bank chargebacks. You'll find all over the fora that these issues sometimes occur. Be patient and wait, Angus is a good guy, it may time longer than you want, but it will be sorted out.