When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16800 Franken build by SpeedyG

rower

Here are some teaser pics I just got from SpeedyG. I am soooo excited about this one. He's still regulating it but I should be able to pick it up next week.

Rolex 16800 with gen dial, gen hands, gen insert, BK date wheel overlay, ST case, re-shaped, gen specs, TC bezel assembly, gen crystal no LEC, gen crown.

D147A900-3C15-41D4-A5AB-7AE53712B172_zps9669C1F8-3BA8-4E9E-8D21-76F0A9E38586_zps

0E5A3690-282F-4A0B-A3D5-700B5DE1A5A8_zps

97E804DC-03F2-445E-B832-C1979950D28B_zps

E78C8042-A97A-4B3E-BD7A-7148EE1E5194_zps

C3201BEF-0D5F-4F07-BF86-995DEB9677A9_zps

Picked it up today! Wow am I impressed. It really is a duplicate to my gen 16800! The bezel clicks as well as my gen. Speedy said the bezel popped in with a pressure fit just like the gen! I passed the water test with flying colors.

I noticed that the lume dot is out of the seconds hand. Should I have it re-lumed? In some kind of weird way I kind of like it not there. I hate to have it taken apart again.

D339EAE8-B070-4ED7-A528-6941C43531CA_zps

I hope to soon do a picture comparison to my gen.

Guest mikemcnair

That looks absolutely fabulous!

My question is: what's left of the REP? Lol, sounds like it's more gen then rep. I'd call it a Franken-Gen....

What movement did you use? We're the gen hands broached?

Yes the hands were broached. It's a Juvenia ETA 10811 17 Jewel movement. The keyless had to be reworked to accept the stem. SpeedyG is a true artist as it was all his idea to use this movement.

I noticed that the lume dot is out of the seconds hand. Should I have it re-lumed? In some kind of weird way I kind of like it not there. I hate to have it taken apart again.

D339EAE8-B070-4ED7-A528-6941C43531CA_zps

Leave it like this, I think it does look cool!

Nice build. I have one like this incoming soon and will post pics of it when I receive it.

Dave...

• 3 months later...

ive been thinking of trying to put one of these together as well.

one of my fav models.

isnt the date wheel a bit too modern for this model though? 

it should have a open 6s and 9s DW if i recall correctly...

either way, thats one hell of a build.

wish ST still had those cases in stock :\

If I knew where to get an open 6's & 9's I would use it. I would welcome any and all offers to make this an even better build. I'm still looking for a gen seconds hand with tritium!

someone on the forums made and sold them. i remember seeing a few on sale not too long ago.

now its gonna drive me crazy until i can find it. 

ill update if i do.

someone on the forums made and sold them. i remember seeing a few on sale not too long ago.

now its gonna drive me crazy until i can find it. 

ill update if i do.

It was someone on RWI a month or two ago. Just tried to search it but can't get in to RWI at the moment.