When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Po 45mm Review

subzero1

Since the community here has helped me so much with regard to educating myself about reps and pointing me in the direction of good reps on a consistent basis, I wanted to do a review of the 7th gen (Ultimate) Planet Ocean.

My main concern when ordering it was that the bezel might be a bit too red in color, based on Josh's pictures, but as you can see, it's spot on orange, no red tint at all, I can only surmise that Josh's camera doesn't have accurate color balance, cause the PO I got looks perfect:

164837-11373.jpg

Here's a closer shot, you can see the hands are perfect, the pearl is very good (although a bit low), the markers are all straight, logo looks good (except for the upturned points on the feet, which really doesn't bother me at all).

164837-11374.jpg

The other thing that I notice is that the sweep of the seconds hand is even smoother than on the gen PO, which I've tried on several times at the local AD (42 and 45, black and orange).

The bracelet is solid, and has push pins instead of screws! I'd give it top marks for accuracy and build quality.

164837-11375.jpg

Gratiutous table shot:

164837-11376.jpg

Lets do a few comparison shots:

164837-11377.jpg

164837-11378.jpg

164837-11379.jpg

164837-11380.jpg

164837-11381.jpg

164837-11382.jpg

Last but not least, some wrist shots:

164837-11383.jpg

164837-11384.jpg

Excellent pictures,,,nice work. I noticed the orange around the triangle on your bezel is only on the right side, mine is the same. I'm not sure what is up with this as I thought the gen had orange on both sides of the triangle. Oh well,,,,,,,,just saw the new Bond movie,,,and now need to get the black bezel (I'm such a sap)

Excellent pictures,,,nice work. I noticed the orange around the triangle on your bezel is only on the right side, mine is the same. I'm not sure what is up with this as I thought the gen had orange on both sides of the triangle. Oh well,,,,,,,,just saw the new Bond movie,,,and now need to get the black bezel (I'm such a sap)

That's just a trick of the lighting, I'm looking at the watch right now and the orange stripe is most definitely on both sides of the triangle. Man I love this watch, the best quality rep I've seen.

The other thing that I notice is that the sweep of the seconds hand is even smoother than on the gen PO, which I've tried on several times at the local AD (42 and 45, black and orange).

That's because the genuine has a lower beat rate. The Co-Axial escapement saps more power than a regular one, so they lowered the beat-rate to 25,200vph to increase the power reserve.

That's because the genuine has a lower beat rate. The Co-Axial escapement saps more power than a regular one, so they lowered the beat-rate to 25,200vph to increase the power reserve.

Yup. Isn't it ironic that this watch would be a better rep visually if they popped one of the Asian 21J Miyota movements into it...

:g:

Oh man, have I been sleeping on the PO scene or something? :lol:

What is the situation with the AR on these reps? How strong is it, exactly?

If it already comes with solid AR, then I'm going to have to get onboard. And I just ordered three watches this week. So this is when rep collecting gets interesting, eh? When the irony of me wearing my James Bond watch while trying to smuggle this highly radioactive timepiece into my rotation is going to potentially poisonous to my horological well-being as a result over the long term becomes too overwhelming....I'll just do my little bond hand gun impersonation in the mirror. Then, when it starts to get a little a little weird, I'll say "Bloody well, then."

I might try to smash a martini glass if things get ugly.

Hey, why does no one mention how, when you're wearing a good rep, you're much more aware of the time? It has interesting implications on one's consciousness. You're always checking out your rep, and are thereby more aware of the passage of time. Marshall McLuhan would not be pleased....hah

Edited by mezzanine

Oh man, have I been sleeping on the PO scene or something? :lol:

What is the situation with the AR on these reps? How strong is it, exactly?

If it already comes with solid AR, then I'm going to have to get onboard. And I just ordered three watches this week. So this is when rep collecting gets interesting, eh? When the irony of me wearing my James Bond watch while trying to smuggle this highly radioactive timepiece into my rotation is going to potentially poisonous.

AR is great! very thick coating of genuine AR not a blue film. one sided though gen is double side AR. looks really really good! compare the AR in my pictures.

AR is great! very thick coating of genuine AR not a blue film. one sided though gen is double side AR. looks really really good! compare the AR in my pictures.

That is so awesome. :Jumpy:

Oh.....this is not good guys. No AR on this watch has been like a long dance to JT's sexyback, trying to look like I'm enjoying myself cause I think have a 35% chance of hooking up with the girl I'm 'sorta' dancing with...thinking "if only mom could see me now..." fakin' it to JT- wondering if any of my buddies are going to have camera's and I'm going to see this on facebook the next day.

This is different from joshuas ultimate edition.

Joshuas (borrowed from THIS thread):

167719-10631.jpg

Look at the date window. Joshuas is closer to the gen i think.

watch from this thread:

167719-10632.jpg

edit:

hmmm.. maybe it's just the angle of the shot?

913's genuine:

167719-10633.jpg

Edited by space

This is different from joshuas ultimate edition.

Joshuas (borrowed from THIS thread):

Look at the date window. Joshuas is closer to the gen i think.

watch from this thread:

edit:

hmmm.. maybe it's just the angle of the shot?

913's genuine:

Mine is the "Ultimate" from Joshua. It's just the angle, look at the other pics.