When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Member MSM1 for servicing/repairs of watches in the UK (London based)

astonjenks

No MIcky

A friend who I bought a watch for who I had it serviced for with Al and then he sent it back to get timed properly as 5 mins a day is simply crazy.

Al has made so many promises of returning the watch along with anothers in the US that I know has been pee'd around, there is no other term that fits, he has been an arse over this!

AJ

I see, well so far I have received (after a lot of delays, but kept the pressure on Al), four watches Al had for eight months or more.

Jonathan's IWC 7 Days (RG Member Northernmonkey), this was supposed to of been a full movement service, but my findings proved it was not serviced at all, it kept stopping, so I carried out a full movement service, and returned it to Jonathan in a matter of days.  Al owes me £149 for this.

Colin's IWC Top Gun (RG Member colinwhufc), again, Al said this watch had been serviced, but yet again it has d not, so I carried out a service, and returned it to Colin in a matter of days, he has since received it, and is over the moon with it, having not seen it in almost a year.

Paul's IWC MKIIV? (RG member whufc), yes, you guessed it, this was supposed of been serviced, and only needing one part for it to be ready to go, but alas when I infected it, the movement had not been serviced, and in fact, the movement was damaged, the centre seconds gear was messed up. This I have since fitted a new movement, and Paul has received it back, and happy.

RG member Sphere24, Al returned his high value watch via a lower cost Royal Mail option, when Sphere paid for Special Delivery Next Day, needless to say, the watch has gone missing now.

Graham's ROO (RG Member Kernow, and aka Kernow here), his Roo arrived to me, Al said most of the work was done, and the movement just needed a pallet fork, and it would be good to go.  As you can see from my photos, and video earlier, this movement was also damaged, pinions broken off, hands glued on, and the funny thing was, the pallet fork was fine.

Charles (RG Member Firnatime) Paid Al for a full service and other mod, around €350, Charles watch was returned in Tesco carrier bags in bits, Charles is currently wanting a full refund.

Agreed. This has been unacceptable. Al has agreed to supply a new movement in one week or refund me. If neither happen I intend to visit and collect what I feel is owed.

Lets hope he comes good from that.  Someone just pipped me to the post of some sec`@12 stuff for sale on rep geek, if it was Alex, he's purchased a partially assembled sec@12 movement from member ap@12.

Another afternoon comes and still nothing, bloody shameful, I can see some guys going round to his address to sort this out, as the whole online thing isn't working out, and Alex has had more than enough time to address everything.

Looks like Alex is running the clock down, he had been given two weeks to sort everything transparently on RG, but alas is hiding now, waiting for the time to be up and then hide.  What he don't know though is he is about to have a rude awakening.

Agree Mike, bloody shameful. On a brighter note, I have just secured a sec@12 movement for Kernow should we need it.

Time will tell, but (being the trusting optimistic soul I am) there is still a little time for Al to do the right thing.

Agreed. This has been unacceptable. Al has agreed to supply a new movement in one week or refund me. If neither happen I intend to visit and collect what I feel is owed.

If you are talking about goods then that should be no problem as long as things remain civil, If it is money he owes you then things could get ugly real quick.

I don't think he quite realises that he could potentially have a customer who has a screw loose not only now in their supposedly serviced movement but upstairs in the ol noggin so it would be wise to square everyone up quick smart.

If you are talking about goods then that should be no problem as long as things remain civil, If it is money he owes you then things could get ugly real quick.

I don't think he quite realises that he could potentially have a customer who has a screw loose not only now in their supposedly serviced movement but upstairs in the ol noggin so it would be wise to square everyone up quick smart.

Yes, it would be wise for him to sort this mess out.......

• 3 weeks later...

He promised me a refund when he got paid. Then he's waiting on receiving a PayPal payment himself before he can refund me. I wonder if I should add my travel time and expenses to my bill for him? A visit is being planned with some fellow RG members ....