When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is My Watch Gay?

Aidan

very well written pabra -- never thought about a watch like that....

Better explain the nature of watches to your child. Sit her down, remove the stem from the movement and start talking about the birds and the bees. That the stem/crown is a simple thing, straightforward, functional and built for a grand purpose - in the name of equality you can skip the crown-part/superiority and so on. By doing so you can also explain that size doesn't necessarily matter as long as it fits into the hole. Also, if excessive force is used, it could be devastating. The movement on the other hand, boy there's a difference. Complicated, fragile, heavy maintenence. Sure, some are more easily entertained than other and can be functional if they exercise and move around. They should however still be serviced to ensure that it will be happy, and even then it will sometimes also crave a new stem/crown - or worse, use 'pushers' on the side. Thus, the watch could impossibly be gay, well... with the exception of Le Freak, but that one is leaning towards being a hermaphrodite.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong at all with the orange strap for whoever wants to wear it. Not my choice but make a statement, and the statement does not have to be "Yes my buttcheeks are for rent" but it can mean that a person is feeling, well...special that day. Just pick up a can of Nomo Homo spray at Ace Hardware and put a dash on the watch wrist and you are good to go .:yu:

There's no competition: The Leopard Daytona is the ultimate Gay Watch. Any PINK gents' watch is gay... I've seen a Seamaster Chronograph!!!! (of all watches) with PINK DIAMOND BEZEL and ruby red gay diamonds on the hour markes. Yes, that bulky and masculine sports chrono. That was just as gay as Leopard Gaytona. I wish I still had the pic.

Although understated this watch is the ultimate proof of someone's bad taste and Gayness: Diamonds used on the hour markers of the no-date Rolex Submariner:

167672-10664.jpg

It's a complete disgrace to put diamonds on that legendary tool watch. The pic is terrible too. What a wanker... and gay, apparently!!! :lol:

PS: Did I use the word "gay" enough in this post?

167672-10665.jpg

Actually there is nothing wrong with the watches, I think the problem is best summed up by saying....

167680-10657.jpg

Not that theres anything wrong with that of course ;)

Ken :lol:

167680-10658.jpg

167680-10659.jpg

But seriously... there rule is, if you have to ask...

Not that there is anything wrong with it! :bleh:

Edited by Devedander

I was wearing my Orange Planet Ocean the other day when my daughter stunned me by accusing

the watch of being gay. I know it has a bright Orange leather strap but I never knew it was gay. To

top it all I has an Orange Bell and Ross on last night my wife saw it and accused that of being gay too.

My daughter said it was gay in a 1970's way. Are they going to call my Breitling with a blue face and

strap gay too?

Can watches be gay? How have other people on here dealt with this issue. Which is the most

gay watch.

funny! i kind of like it on the orange strap but something inside me tells me "that's kind of gay"

Actually, this came up at last weekend whilst browsing Omegas at my local AD - the manager went to pull an 'orange' on me, I raised a manly eyebrow :brow: fixed him with a thousand-yard stare and jabbed a manly finger at the black version. 'Only oranges look good in orange' I stated as if to drive the point home even further.

He gave a conspiratorial sideways look before concurring he also hated the orange before pulling out the latest just-in 2006-7 dealer brochure. ' Here, look at THIS monstrosity....'

THIS IS BY DEFINITION OF THIS THREAD, THE GAYEST WATCH OF THEM ALL....

I warn you all now, the picture you are about to see are liable to make you gasp in shock, little children scream in terror, and Tom Cruise to smile appreciately (oops, ANOTHER slur :whistling: ). Furthermore I accept no liability for any unforeseen adverse events from viewing said pic.

So without furthe.....Aaargh, my eyes!!! (*clawing and scratching*)

167687-10651.jpg

if that had the SS bracelet i would actually like it! i don't think it's gay at all.

i'm not reading this whole thread.

FIrst- i don't understand how a watch can have a sexual attraction to a same sex watch and dtherefore how can it be gay?

second - wearing bright colors is not gay. I wear a big orange football miami dolphins jersey and this orange po will go perfect with it.

i think it looks pretty damn cool.

now - if your asking if its effemeniate or however you might spell that if you could spell - then i would say no,

Its a big Freaking Thick leather band. its extremely masculine if a chick was wearing it, this oversized watch with huge thick band it would be emasculating on her.

pink, teal, too many diamonds, thats a different story

Zenith El Primero Rainbow dial IS gay. period.

and someone (no names) even posted it in RT watch posts to be recommended for replication!

Yep... I did.

If you want to say that I'm a tasteless idiot because I like the watch, just spill it out mate. That watch might be gay... but gossiping and grapevine talk is ultimate gay. :lol:

Yep... I did.

If you want to say that I'm a tasteless idiot because I like the watch, just spill it out mate. That watch might be gay... but gossiping and grapevine talk is ultimate gay. :lol:

Nice one BT :lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I also had to deal with Discovery on the Aquaracer poll thread, begging me to tell him "why it was so special?" :rolleyes: Special??? Now what's all that about? "Special needs" more like ;):whistling:

Call a spade a spade I say....hell I even accused my friend Puggy and his IWC-acolytes of being nerds/geeks :lol:

Call a spade a spade I say....hell I even accused my friend Puggy and his IWC-acolytes of being nerds/geeks :lol:

I'm a geek, not a nerd. There's a difference and it's an important one.

And yes, the Aquatimer Chrono is very geek-chic while still being sporty. It's an odd one. :Jumpy: