When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my Black Bay today...

gasebah

Congrats, the Blackbay is one of the easiest to wear allround watches in my opinion. And the rep is beautiful. Both bomberjacket leather (strappedfortime) and Bradystrap sailcloath are ways to go and make it much lighter to wear. Waiting for the pics:)

Tudor1024dark_HDR2.jpg

• Like 1

V2? Which is the difference between V2 and the new V3 ?

The V1 had a nice creamy white on the markers and the hands. The red V2 had mismatched very white hands and a so-called improved pearl. Without guarantee on the V3 they fixed the mismatched hands again. It´s beautifully done:)

• Like 1

I have decided not to bore you with my bad photography skills as other posters have taken care of this. And frankly I do not think that photos do this rep justice. With an artsy photo you can make almost any rep look good.

I have a good dozen of reps including some Noob ones that are considered excellent reps by the community including PAM 243 and JLC Diver. When I held them in hand for the first time although they are good replications the experience was underwhelming. They look like gens but certainly don’t feel like one. The JLC has a clasp that feels very cheap and the 243 while overall it is certainly a fine watch is simply lacking the crisp finish of the gen. They don’t FEEL gen.

And that is what IMHO really sets the Black Bay apart. The finish is really on par with the gen. No sharp edges, no cranckiness in the bracelet or clasp. The dial is excellent with the sunken edges. The clasp even feels better than the gen one (which actually was a little cranky). I can compare them very well as I held the gen in hands the other day. I was originally planning to buy the gen as it is an affordable piece. But I decided to try the rep first and sell it if I wouldn’t like it and go for the gen. Now I will keep the rep and never look back.

I do not own a PO or FF rep as the other poster mentioned, so I cannot compare with them.

-Alex

I have a V2 that I got from Sead. I cannot see any mismatched hands on mine as another poster claimed would be a problem of these. The changes from V1 that PT claims are:

The V2 Black Bay has updated the color of makers's gold and hands's gold, they are the same color now; Case、Caseback、Buckle and Sapphire are remade and are very similar to genuine; The pearl is reproduced and it's shape is very close to genuine; The Crown Tube is longer than V1 and the Tudor Flower on the crown is Thinner than V1; The code behind case is diffent in different watch, every watch has it's own code.

I have yet to see or hear about a V3. Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Hey guys, this one has been on my radar for quite some time.  Love the pic with the sub in the background.  Are you all using Angus for this one or is the latest version available through anyone else yet?  Is the red released in a V3 now or is it still the V2?

My one came from Sead1999 (Supermirrors in the TD section) and it's a V2. Only not perfect part is the little tudor flower in the dial which is not completely well printed.

That is exactly what I understood. PT is talking about V2 and claiming all the features others sell as V3. I suppose there was 2nd batch after the V1 with a few problems like mismatched hands. They corrected this and added some changes with V2. So some now count 1.5 as an extra version thus the V3 confusion.

However I heard that an upcoming V3 will have running serial nos. as the only additional change.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but that is what I understood after some reading.

-Alex

Edited by gasebah