When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

iPhone 6? iShmone Sticks! Vintage Phones! Get 'Em Out!

fraggle42

After digging out the iPhone 4S for a couple of weeks I dug a bit deeper...

post-50255-0-64215400-1412979204_thumb.j

post-50255-0-84222300-1412979195_thumb.j

Using the Motorola flip for now, nice and loud and the battery still lasts 3~4 days :)

Sadly the brick doesn't seem to work. It turns on, the backlight works fine, but nothing displayed on the LCD (although I can see it's powered as I can see all the segments if I tilt it against the light).

So, c'mon then, we love vintage watches, dig your vintage phones out and lets see what you've got!

Yep, I can't remember which variant Razr this is but it wasn't available in the UK and I imported it from the US. Vanity! :D

Bag phones! Picked up a dead one to play with a while after they'd bought out sensible mobiles - silly things but must have been exciting when they first came out.

One of my employers gave me a pager, loved it as you could turn it off or ignore it and they could never get that mad as no way to prove the page actually reached you :)

Gotta live the bag phone. I rocked one back in the day. Carrying basically a small briefcase bag with a cord coming out and a GIANT handset. BC is right on my bill back then was like $800 a month for a handful of calls. Also a couple of hard wired car phones. Then the brick, followed by the giant flip phone. All Motorola if I remember. I also remember when the StarTac came out. Mid 90's I think. A techno wonder at the time.

Too funny.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Should i take back from the dead my beloved ERICSSON T29 ;)

Apologies for the brevity and any typos - sent with Tapatalk

Hell yeah bro!

Dig that phone out and it's charger and let it come back to life!

I knew I wasn't the only sad git who doesn't just throw stuff away because you've bought something new! :clap2:

It's strange going back to 2G reception though - a lot lower frequency, so the base stations are spaced a lot wider apart, and the signal comes and goes slowly as you drive around.