When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are those 21j datejust even Worth getting

Ezio

So this is my daughters question she has not Joined yet but want a datejust just one of those Cheap ones

Myself only goes for High end reps so complete lost on The lower ends

Any suggestions and pics something :D

Thanks

Haha no way is she getting a mymanmatt datejust

Because this daddy is mad because she destroyed my gen datejust today

And when i say destroyed i mean destroyed it fell off her wrist from a apartment on The third floor haha

Sorry no experience with them. The noob DJ II was a nice piece for $250. She could go right for the top shelf and get a mymanmatt DJ:).

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I have a gen Datejust - which isn't just the date, ironically it tells time too! Albeit less well than a modern regulated ETA haha but whatever, it's like 50+ years old. 

MyManMatt does AMAZING work from what I've seen, bump+100

I think for a beater, a 21j datejust is perfect. It's cheap. It'll run fairly accurate. The only trouble you may have is the dates not being perfect.

When it dies, it's easy and cheap to just replace the movement. I have no idea how old your daughter is but I know women and they beat the hell out of their watches while their purses remain spotless.

I'd go with a explorer or something without a date complication though. Just to not have to worry about that pesky overlay

Haha no way is she getting a mymanmatt datejust

Because this daddy is mad because she destroyed my gen datejust today

And when i say destroyed i mean destroyed it fell off her wrist from a apartment on The third floor haha

Haha? Cold blood you have...

In such a situation here a compilation of kicks in the ass would have started (and not yet finished) :D

Haha? Cold blood you have...

In such a situation here a compilation of kicks in the ass would have started (and not yet finished) :D

She is my little girl :D

I never raised my Voice at or near my children but i came close that day haha :D

Update on the gen by the way been dropped at our local AD to see if its able to safe but when They say you sure you dont want a new one its not the best chances :D

Ezio, what about this female version? It's very nice (and that dealer is actually considered the very best one over RWG.bz):

http://watchfinder.phanfare.com/6655697#imageID=222797450

Just bought her a one like that its for sale here posted it today she wants one like my gen so that Would be 36mm

Those listed are all Asian ETA´s, the 21j ones look the same and as beater watches sometimes are even more reliable. In this case I´d say quantity over quality, the 21js often really take incredible beatings, even being handled carelessly or thrown on the marble floor or banged into a wall (no warranty but...) 

Either Trusty or ask Sead to get the Cartel versions, often at (much) better prices and he had nice Datejusts. Started with 21js (all running) tried out the hyperexpensive and after having my share of nice ones into 21js again, if it brakes a new movement costs some $30-$40 and that´s it.

There is a quartz Cellini without seconds hands as well $128

Imho it has a lot to do with which '21 jewel' movement you get. The DG and NN Miyota clones are Ok but the Seagull ST16 is ahead of them in winding efficiency and overall performance. The ST16 has a magic lever type winding assembly similar to Seiko that keeps them wound up much better than the NN and DG Miyota clone reverser type setups.

I will agree with Nightwatch that the '21 jewelers' are tough and in fairness much of their problems are caused by careless handling and installation plus being dry of oil or full of hair, dirt, and ufos of every sort.

I even like the lowly Seagull ST6 better than the NN and DG.

What is an ST6?

You see the ST6 in a lot of watches and they are easy to spot because the works are smaller than usual and they have a large main plate to make them the same size as the NN, DG, and ST16. The autowind assembly is screwed to the top of the movement like an old Bulova etc and not integrated into the movement like the NN/DG.

Genuine Miyota 82xx are very good movements too but you do not see many of them in replicas.

Oh - the idea behind was to get her 2 right from the start. With lots of activity going on, it will fail, just a question of speed and high energy vs. mass, no matter what movement is inside:) Sometimes I like to sit back and appreciate the smooth-sweep of the highbeat from near, but when I just have a watch on the wrist and run around doing my business, as long as it doesn´t tick like a quartz and the 21j rotor has a tiny drop of oil on it, I really don´t care or even notice the difference. Point was that the exterior look of the watch is the same.