When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

116600 decision

dbane883

• 2 months later...

Please provide me with a compelling reason(s) why I shouldn't buy this. Because, in the absence of any, I know I will be buying this within a year. I think of all the modern Rolexes, this is bar none, the best offering they have.

If gen, go for it, you can always flip it for close to what you bought it for if you buy smartly.

If rep, maybe wait for the "super rep" 116600 that is supposedly coming soon.  In the meantime, just remove the cyclops on a rep 116610 and you are good to go.

If gen, go for it, you can always flip it for close to what you bought it for if you buy smartly.

If rep, maybe wait for the "super rep" 116600 that is supposedly coming soon. In the meantime, just remove the cyclops on a rep 116610 and you are good to go.

You mean like this...

7B682703-BB46-4B4E-94F8-28F0E1D2FC50_zps

Mind you this doesn't look too shabby either

B1142C0C-4A33-4F5B-A00F-A2FF46FB00FA_zps

Going gen too. Treated myself to a birth year 5513, and after a few months it just didn't click with me and I sold it. Treating myself to a gen SD 4000 for my bday this year :)

Edited by mir36

You mean like this...

7B682703-BB46-4B4E-94F8-28F0E1D2FC50_zps

Sweet.  I think that is my next watch.  I think Rolex missed the boat a little with the SD4000.  I think it would be better at 42mm with the 15+mm height.  It would also make it a good intermediate step between the Sub and DSSD.    Still an great watch at 40mm though.