When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 build first pic...

droptopman

Thanks guys.

Jmb case that I did a lot of shaping on

Yuki dial and hands

Freshly serviced Swiss eta 2783 I believe as the crown position was best for this piece

Gen tropic 21 plexi

Gen bezel

Gen fat tube and crown

I have a 7206 and 7836 for her. Most likely will use the rivet as my model was a 1966 and it had one...

This was to be a moderate "budget" build. But you know the story. A gen bezel pops up. A gen plexi....Matt says we should use a fat tube...

I will take some more pics once she arrives. Pretty happy with the case mods especially being my first one. Buying some proper tools to do more of my own work this winter.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

The lume looks nice, that is not std Yuki is it?

Surprisingly, they are stock. I had Yuki send me pics and this is the one I chose. I still intended to send the dial and hands to cwazy for lume but when they arrived I really liked the color and match so just went with it stock.

Here we go. She is on her way back to me.  Matt gave me some information on case modding that will help moving forward.  I tend to smooth out the edges too much.  A proper work bench, vise and tools will help too.  I literally did this by hand.  As in holding in one hand working with the other.  Did not have the right tools or vise to clamp the case correctly to work on.  Totally by eye and hand.  I will post up some pics in a few days when she arrives.  At the end of the day this one will always hold some special place since it is really the first I did any real significant work on other than just sourcing parts.    

I know I say this all the time, but Matt is an outstanding person and total professional.  Big thanks to him for putting this together for me.          

55f2c541e26a6fff7fc4bae690603c9a.jpg

Update on the specs:

Just received the final specs on the build.

Not enough room for a fat tube, so he used a small tube and rare 16200 crown which look exactly the same as 1966 model crown.

Indeed a 2783 Swiss ETA

Gen bezel

And this is the kicker a super rare gen 25-21 plexi in the original package.

I did not know how rare the plexi is until I asked a friend on the forum.  The funny thing was that we were discussing plexis and he was schooling me up when I got the information on the plexi on the 1016.  Then I was like you mean like this one.... How cool is that