When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You want a Big WATCH but Got female wrists let me tell you something

Ezio

This is to all People who Always ask is a 45mm or a 46 48 50mm watch to Big for my small wrist

Let me tell you guys this

Its hard to say it depends not only wrist size Body size etc can you pull it off

Some ask if They can post a photo of the exact watch They Got if People Got a small wrist too to see if it looks okay or not again its not something you can use pictures cant tell you anything Mostly it depends on angle how far away and so on so you can make a watch look even bigger Then it is

And again can you pull of a large watch ?? Do you have a 9mm gun strapped to your belt and look like Clint eastwood so People are to afraid to say it looks like titanic on your arm ??

There is only one cure and one way to find out try one

dont like it flip it buy another

Hope this can stop some of the questions from our members a little and help Them out

Hope it helps you small wrist guys out there good luck

Best regards Simon

Agreed. I had lots of C&R's! It's the best way to find out whether it fits or not.

Last year I had an AP Diver and the strap was too large for me, so the watch did not fit. Last week I ordered an AP FC Diver because I'm stubborn and I wanted it so bad, but luckily my wrist grew the past year, so now it fits :D

post-46462-0-66197200-1415451410.jpg

Agreed. I had lots of C&R's! It's the best way to find out whether it fits or not.

Last year I had an AP Diver and the strap was too large for me, so the watch did not fit. Last week I ordered an AP FC Diver because I'm stubborn and I wanted it so bad, but luckily my wrist grew the past year, so now it fits :D

Is that the FC v4 diver? You know in that pic, it can easily pass as gen. Congrats. :)

This is to all People who Always ask is a 45mm or a 46 48 50mm watch to Big for my small wrist

Let me tell you guys this

Its hard to say it depends not only wrist size Body size etc can you pull it off

Some ask if They can post a photo of the exact watch They Got if People Got a small wrist too to see if it looks okay or not again its not something you can use pictures cant tell you anything Mostly it depends on angle how far away and so on so you can make a watch look even bigger Then it is

And again can you pull of a large watch ?? Do you have a 9mm gun strapped to your belt and look like Clint eastwood so People are to afraid to say it looks like titanic on your arm ??

There is only one cure and one way to find out try one

dont like it flip it buy another

Hope this can stop some of the questions from our members a little and help Them out

Hope it helps you small wrist guys out there good luck

Best regards Simon

S,

I have wrists like a fairy but I tend to favor larger caliber watches out of sheer vanity. I have the ROO T3 (53mm including crownguards) and 48mm Panerai submersibles and other similar sized watches. To date I haven't had anyone come up to ask me "hey can I have a look at that clock.. I mean watch please?" or 

"you should stop wearing man sized watches boy" or such. 

I tend to leave my Magnum .357 at home most of the times when I interact with others socially, so I guess that fear of getting one right between the eyes was not a factor.. :lol:

S,

I have wrists like a fairy but I tend to favor larger caliber watches out of sheer vanity. I have the ROO T3 (53mm including crownguards) and 48mm Panerai submersibles and other similar sized watches. To date I haven't had anyone come up to ask me "hey can I have a look at that clock.. I mean watch please?" or 

I tend to leave my Magnum .357 at home most of the times when I interact with others socially, so I guess that fear of getting one right between the eyes was not a factor.. :lol:

Haha my winged brother its because They know you Got that 357 somewhere :D

S,

No I am wondering .... I thought you were just happy to see me when we had lunch in Singapore :)

Before going for the 60mm Egiziano or a U-boat for my 7.5 wrist, I just ordered a 54mm watch from Amazon $35 shipping included (that´s 1/2 what I paid for shipping only from some TD´s). Surprisingly all functions work - on automatic -  on this - alien indeed - kitchen wallclock masterpiece. I would even like it, if it wasn´t for that fake tourbillon thingy hole in the middle of the dial.

Point is, that max 48mm are enough for me, can´t go any further, so I ended up happily with the Mini-Egi (and love it)

alwvspamsize_3392_zps4bb7874b.jpg

IMG_1727_zps5994b496.jpg

In spite of the current fashion, I find that anything larger than 38mm looks silly on my 7" wrists.

My personal opinion, based on the amount of PAMS that seem to be up for sale across the forums seem to suggest that the 'BIG WATCH' fad has long gone.

to agree with Fred, I can manage a 39mm Vintage Sub but anything bigger now feels very un-balanced and top heavy on the wrist.

DH

Same here, I have small wrists for a guy my size @ 7.25.  I really thought I would like the larger modern Rolex's, one of the reasons I found the forum.  I also tried a Pam.  Just do not work for me.  Only Rolex and 40mm max for me.  

As for the original post, if people have to ask.....usually means they should not be asking.   Reminds me of when my wife asks does this look *****)#Q($*!@#(^$).  

Guys as some of you know dispite my wrist size (8.5) I seldom wear anything bigger than a 43/44 if that. I agree large watches on the way out and unfortunately for me a 36/38 looks really weird as my forearms and arms are much larger than my wrist.

(think Popeye) :partytime:

Popeye_The_Sailor_Man.pngI have a collect of vintage maual winds that are really sharp unique watches but they just do not wear well on me. :wounded1: And yes not a Pam left in the house thinking I might take to the 45 Omega PO Olimpic Edition I just bought, anyone have extra links by the way full bracelet much to short! :fool:

Guys as some of you know dispite my wrist size (8.5) I seldom wear anything bigger than a 43/44 if that. I agree large watches on the way out and unfortunately for me a 36/38 looks really weird as my forearms and arms are much larger than my wrist.

(think Popeye) :partytime:

Popeye_The_Sailor_Man.pngI have a collect of vintage maual winds that are really sharp unique watches but they just do not wear well on me. :wounded1: And yes not a Pam left in the house thinking I might take to the 45 Omega PO Olimpic Edition I just bought, anyone have extra links by the way full bracelet much to short! :fool:

Got a Bracelet at home for the normal edition dont know the olimpic version at all if it fits its yours Mike just cover shipping