When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Name The 1st Ever Luxurious Swiss/german Gen Watch You Got!

trinsic

Well just like many newbie rep buyers do with fakes many 1st time gen buyers do as well... that is buy a Rolex Submariner and that was in fact my first high quality gen.

Well, I did have soem other fairly good gens before then come to think about it, but none quite as well known as the sub so lets just stick with that.

Vintage Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II, bought in August.. Not very expensive, but a really lovely vintage watch. :) It always makes me smile, and I love that smooth manual winding. It is on leather at the moment, vintage bracelets are flimsy!

Naturally, I choose genuines of those which there are no decent replicas available. Many vintages are great value for money, and have much more character than factory fresh pieces!

169297-10233.jpg

In 1966 I acquired a Rolex EX1 in trade for a diamond engagement ring that my Ex girlfriend returned to me....

The ring cost me $173.00....

I kept the watch for 30+ yrs, until I got tired of spending a ton of money to fix it after 2 yrs of wear...I only wore it for 3 2 yr periods during the 30 yrs...The rest of the time it sat in a drawer...10 yrs ago I traded it for an 18k Minerva cal 20 chrono, and a 14k Hamilton "bradley"....Since the, I sold the Minerva for enough$$$'s to buy a Canon digital SLR, and a bagful of L series lenses....And the Hamilton is still in my collection, and still running strong...SCREW rolex!! :):D;);)

This one i got off the bay about 18 months ago, it always had a slipping second hand and of the two repair places i took it too the last being and AD both said it need ed a new movement, so i fixed it my self yesterday. I payed £140 for it and i just love the shape but hate the hands, looking for a new pair. The watch is not original as some one has reshaped the lugs to be like more recent omegas and i like that.

169363-10196.jpg

My first 'real' swiss luxury brand was an Omega SMP Pro chrono in titanium :wub:

Same watch only in SS. My wife bought it for me for a 10th anniversary gift. I still look at it with awe and reverence. Perfect size, tough as nails, beautiful aesthetics, and smooth as silk operation. For me, it threads the needle for anytime wear. I fancy myself James Bond with it on in a suit and Jacques Cousteau in a speedo!

Just kidding, no speedo!

I'm thinking this. Would my current Gen be replicated with ease? It's submarine steel. Not sure how the factories would pull this off. Any chance? But guys I could use some expert opinions. It doesn't have a display caseback to show the movement and I should believe that there should be a way to place the crown at 4 o'clock...

Enlighten me.. :)

I'm thinking this. Would my current Gen be replicated with ease? It's submarine steel. Not sure how the factories would pull this off. Any chance? But guys I could use some expert opinions. It doesn't have a display caseback to show the movement and I should believe that there should be a way to place the crown at 4 o'clock...

Easy to replicate, but not enough interest.

Try this forum to see:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=129

My wife bought this gen sub for me in 1987. Five years ago I brought it into the AD and they replaced the tritium hands and dial with superluminova. I wanted the t-dial and they refused to give it back. I should have fought back harded. Oh well, al least it glows like a tourch now. I bought it for $1050 in 1987 with 10% down and the rest financed over a year with no interest!

169427-10178.jpg

Edited by rower

My wife bought this gen sub for me in 1987.

Excellent! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Five years ago I brought it into the AD and they replaced the tritium hands and dial with superluminova.

Not so excellent :(

I wanted the t-dial and they refused to give it back.

Is that even legal? :black_eye: