When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rep you acquired in 2014?

Malkovich

I operate 2-3 years behind the rest of the forum :), so my best new additions in 2014...

1665-Phong mid case (or case band as Walt Odets and I like to call it) and back, rest gen.

JLC Navy Seals Diver with gen strap-Could not get this off my wrist all Summer. Rep bracelet is also awesome.

IWC Ingenieur Vintage Laureus on gen black gator strap-This is the first rep I've had where the dial plots really sparkle like a gen.

Rolli pre-a 002 dial in an H factory case with Sead CG and a gen A series strap. I did not know NOS A series straps were worth $500 until I put it on the watch :(. Looks great though!

I look forward to getting an AP Diver v7 in another 2-3 years. Then maybe a big crown :).

Happy New Year all!

I got two like new watches from members that are really nice...an omega 'coax' seamaster with a modified Miyota 8215 and a sapphire milgauss with an erratic Asian 2836. I plan to replace the etaclone with a new swiss Eta 2836 to make it reliable.

I am not a fan of Asian etaclones of any sort.

Best 'home built' watch of 2014 is a '5513' with an MBK case, Yuki dial, Clark/ST bezel kit, Clark 19, TC case tube/crown and 1520. The downside is the 1520, I am always waiting for it to blow up and need part$...usually autowind stuff or a broken balance staff.

Genuine rolex movements are cool but they are expensive! compared to swiss Eta (and not as rugged imho).