When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toro - not to be trusted? - dont buy from him!

kargo

I have asked Torro to reply on one of Kargo's threads so we get both sides before passing judgement.

Ken

Good call KB - looking forward to that - but I predict an answer somewhat like this:

From toro\

"Just tell him , he can claim a chargeback from his credit card bank ,

then he will receive back his money soon . Because I checked my end

the money already deducted from our account too ."

And hope he this time puts in a print of his account with the date of the aleged refund....

Well actually I have a couple of points to add.

First the watch was a $138 quartz, now I am not saying what passed between you and Torro but all the members here will tell you that you wont get a very accurate watch when it is a cheap quartz...really goes without saying.

Point 2 Torro says he has not only done the refund but that he has all the particulars saying that it was cleared on your side.

Have you contacted your bank to try and trace it?

The proof has been emailed to twotone and he will also be sending it to me so if it checks out how will you justify these two long bashing threads?

Ken

Well actually I have a couple of points to add.

First the watch was a $138 quartz, now I am not saying what passed between you and Torro but all the members here will tell you that you wont get a very accurate watch when it is a cheap quartz...really goes without saying.

Point 2 Torro says he has not only done the refund but that he has all the particulars saying that it was cleared on your side.

Have you contacted your bank to try and trace it?

The proof has been emailed to twotone and he will also be sending it to me so if it checks out how will you justify these two long bashing threads?

Ken

This has just arrived from Mike:

Just in from Toreo

"I find out what is wrong with his payment , because there had handing

fees , he should received 187usd instead his original payment ."

That kind of justifies it Kent - wouldn´t you say?

Convinient when the heat turns up - an explanation arrives!? Before that I was just wrong and left on my own. Perhaps not cheat which was a bit rash - as I have explained above - but good service? Naa?

And not even sure it means he will send me the $187? I dont know. My trust is fading....

Edited by kargo

Just to make this lighter with an OT:

What guys do you have all with the double/twins letters? :D

Toro = Italian word for "bull"

ToRRo doesn't exist at all.

Like with my name: Alessandro (similar to English Alexander, isn't it?). My foreign colleagues do mess it up with Allesandro, Allessandro, Alesandro and all sort of [censored] :-D :-D

• Like 2

Some development now finally. Toro has given us SOME look into his account - and it seems there might be a refund on the 27 th of december 2014 on its way!  :balloon:

But before we let us carry away let me remind you of his answer to me:

On dec. 2 Torro wrote to me: "Already refunded"! But this is simply not correct - and have not been able to contact him since?!

And why all this fuzz first?  :huh: 

Well - benefit of doubt - I will now wait for a week - contact my bank and hope for the best. Let us all breathe in the mean time  :innocent: 

Thanks to Mod. Mike  :good: 

Very sorry to hear but just my 2 cents about Toro. I have dealt several times with him in the past and he always came through and once had to reject a watch according to qc's 3 times. Obviously, this is stressful for a td and I know that. But he was very kind and replaced it again until it was perfect. His communication is certainly not the fastest but he is a stand up guy and I will deal with him again in the future.

Not saying you are wrong kargo, but just my experience ;) Hope all can be solved quickly.

As we are aware the QC on movements recently is crap (dealers do not go there, factory issue) dare I say the movements are for the long term time bombs unless you get lucky. So if we want them get them serviced and hope they are not to bad you have a 3-20 k watch for 3-6 hundred. it is my theory that due to poor assembly most of these problems happen on the way to us (again not dealer per-say) this being said I hate dealing with it so buy M2M 95% of the time.

For sure Toro - but why did you not send me the account pictures in the first place. I asked for them all along and You didn´t answer me at all? .... and

on dec. 3 th. you wrote already refunded? When you actually first refunded on dec. 27 th.?   :confused: 

Well better late than never. Thanx again to you guys in here and mod Mike...

Sorry for wrong choise of words. Me being frustrated...

Kargo, there's no need to run a few threads insulting Toro. You're all over the place. Enough is enough. Either confine your concerns to one thread or take it off the boards. This is starting to look like a personal vendetta on your part.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Kargo, there's no need to run a few threads insulting Toro. You're all over the place. Enough is enough. Either confine your concerns to one thread or take it off the boards. This is starting to look like a personal vendetta on your part.

+1. All this for a <$200 piece.....

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I am really sorry about this. I have refunded him when he requested, it is not my fault that his bank is holding his money.

There's no need to be sorry Toro.

This guy is just duplicating his posts on two threads and it's totally uncalled for. I'm starting to get tired of his incessant whining all over a watch which cost less than the straps I buy.

Like I mentioned, enough is enough. kargo, stop your rubbish at once. Quit whining like a loser. I've never bought anything from Toro but I don't see the need to flame him on two separate threads.

Either stick to one thread or shut the fuck up please.

As I said a long time ago on this thread we're here to support not to run TD's out of town and there are many long time served guys here that have worked with Toro, myself included and he has always sorted things out.

It is certainly, as Legend says, no way to endear yourself as a relatively new member by the bombardment on the subject.

Regards

AJ

Credit card transactions involve the card platform (MasterCard, visa, etc.), an issuing bank (the people that actually assume the credit risk for non-payment), a payment processor (Moneris, square etc). Plus maybe one or two other intermediaries if international transactions are involved. Normally all these entities work smoothly and efficiently together. Sometimes they do not, and there can be delays, especially if there was a holding period involved with the initial vendor (in this case Toro). Often times, some merchants do not get the money deposited into their account for up to a month (E.g Amex), depending on the vendors return policy or industry type. Things maybe further complicated given that we are dealing with CC transactions of unauthorized trademarked items.

I don't know how Toro set up his CC payment services, but I don't think it's unreasonable that a refund could take a month or more until the customer sees the credit on his/her statement.

OP, I say relax until you get your February statement. Further, in the worst case, if you are not prepared to occasionally lose $150 for whatever reason, then maybe this hobby is not for you.

OK closed other two threads everyone can still read and form their own opinions. I am neither pro nor con just to many threads discussing same issue this leads to misinformed decisions.

For my part I will say this, whether purchase large or small member new or old I do endeavor to help out. In regard to this happening money was refunded by Toro and mostly likely by an over-site not by design was refunded after it was supposed to be.

All else is melodrama these things are bound to bring about, the fact that it has not gotten to Kargo is unfortunate but not Toro's fault he doesn't have it.

• Like 3